End of an era

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
linny

End of an era

Post by linny » 23 Aug 2019, 19:37

Well folks I give up!..... it's sad to see that this once busy forum full of helpful advice ,has not been supported....it's a shame as our wonderful Labradoodles are now a very popular cross breed and there will be many new owners looking for help and advice.
To my many friends that I have made here I wish you all a sad goodbye....bless you all and your wonderful doods .
X Linny ,Ambrose, Jethro, Millie,Amos, Eli, Mutley & Bella.
Many thanks to Mark for hosting this Forum for so many years.

mhayhurst
Site Admin

Re: End of an era

Post by mhayhurst » 27 Sep 2019, 14:04

It hasn't gone yet ;)

As a result of some other technical issues, I've taken the opportunity to upgrade the software. I've also pruned out a load of spam/bot registrations and will try to keep on top of this better. Fr the time being at least, I've parked the rest of the site as the forums are probably the most useful and current part of the site and maybe will update the other pages in due course.

Cheers,
Mark

kobi&jazz

Post by kobi&jazz » 30 Sep 2019, 12:08

I too would like to thank Mark for the maintenance of this wonderful site but sadly it seems other social media sites attract new labradoodle owners so posts are few and far between which is so sad as 12 years ago when I was adopted by my 1st labradoodle this site kept me sane, full of helpful advice and funny stories. I felt as though I knew the other doodles even though I had never met them personally - that is the difference between this site & other sites I think.

linny

Post by linny » 07 Oct 2019, 16:42

Hi Mark,thank you for making it simple to upload photos....., when it comes to technology I need Simple๐Ÿ˜Š.
Question for you, when you say that you have 'parked ' some of the site, does that include the search facility?
I ask because thats a really important tool for new people searching for a particular answer to a particular problem.
If they can search the subject it obviously brings up past discussion on a range of problems and answers to a great many common enquiries.
Linny

mhayhurst
Site Admin

Post by mhayhurst » 08 Oct 2019, 09:44

The forums should all be present and correct and fully functional. I've parked all the Puppy Finder and Breeder registration stuff for the time being, pending an overhaul :) If you do find stuff not working, please let me know asap :)

Cheers, Mark

kobi&jazz

Post by kobi&jazz » 08 Oct 2019, 10:27

Mark is it possible to have the recently posted topics back? This enabled viewers to see at a glance the most up to date posts. Thank you

mhayhurst
Site Admin

Post by mhayhurst » 09 Oct 2019, 20:33

Do you mean the Active topics you get at http://www.labradoodle.org.uk/forum/sea ... ive_topics? I can probably insert a quicklink to that if that's what you mean?

Cheers, Mark

kobi&jazz

Post by kobi&jazz » 09 Oct 2019, 21:18

Yes that's what I mean :) Thanks Mark.

linny

Post by linny » 10 Oct 2019, 15:52

Hi Mark ...found the search facility ๐Ÿ˜Š..twas just too simple after the old forum๐Ÿ˜‚

linny

Post by linny » 10 Oct 2019, 15:52

Hi Mark ...found the search facility ๐Ÿ˜Š..twas just too simple after the old forum๐Ÿ˜‚

AnnaB

Post by AnnaB » 12 Oct 2019, 19:34

Hi everyone. Thank you Mark for accepting me here and for enabling this wonderful forum to keep going. I was one of the 'originals' here with my doodle 'M' and so enjoyed all the chat and help given. Sadly I lost M in 2014 and decided that due to my age I would not be getting another dood, I couldn't bear the thought of something happening to me and having to leave behind a faithful friend for my far flung family to deal with. So it is just me and my equally elderly JR Mrs Nest at the moment. But I still pop in to read all your posts and have decided that maybe it would be a good thing to re-register and to once again 'join in'. So here I am!

kobi&jazz

Post by kobi&jazz » 13 Oct 2019, 11:00

Hi AnnaB - Welcome back - I'm sure I remember you and the lovely M :) .
Did you\ do you live on a farm??? If you are who I am thinking of you use to tell us little stories of the antics the animals got up to.
If this is not you - Welcome anyway. Its lovely to catch up with the 'originals' and would be wonderful if this forum attracted new dood owners :)

linny

Post by linny » 13 Oct 2019, 11:02

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Šgood to hear from you Anna !....so sorry to hear of the loss of your much loved dood 'M'....๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ It's such a heartbreak when they leave us .
Like you, we to are getting to the point where we are on the downhill run with less time ahead of us than behind so my little gang will be the last we own.
It's hard to imagine life without a dog by my side as I have never been without a dog or two๐Ÿ˜Š for the past sixty five years.... I have loved them all but have especially loved the companionship of my labradoodles....they seem to create such an amazing bond,they are very intuitive and seem to have the ability to read minds ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.. ...bless them๐Ÿ˜Š

AnnaB

Post by AnnaB » 13 Oct 2019, 21:20

Yes that's me for my sins! Have a farm high up in one of Wales' forests with various cats, JR's, mini horses and of course M. A few years ago we divided the farm (just too much to look after properly) and now have some lovely neighbours plus some 27 acres left for us. We converted one of the old stone barns to a dwelling and are now happily settled. Yes Linny, I too have had dogs for well over 60 years and they were all so very special ...... but there is something about a doodle isn't there? I miss M on a daily basis especially when walking the fields where she spent so many happy hours chasing around. But little Mrs Nest now takes up a lot of my time - she is racing towards her 15th birthday, is pretty deaf and doesn't see too well and is not too keen on going 'walkies' unless the sun is shining (lol! I know exactly how she feels!) But she is basically in good health and we hope to have her around for a good while yet. Not sure if I have photos on this laptop, will have a look, but am hoping for some help (G/daughter when visiting this coming weekend) to lift photos and transfer from old laptop, then I will find some.

linny

Post by linny » 14 Oct 2019, 21:27

My little JR Millie also likes to 'nest'...it must be a JR thing๐Ÿ˜
She's nearly 15 and still full of energy.
Would love to see photos of your miniature horses if you can find them.?

I'm the same re photo's.. I have two dead computers with soooo many photo's still in them, my other half says I kill the P C's with an overload of photos....