Dog needs a home :(

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Dexter_Mir

Dog needs a home :(

Post by Dexter_Mir » 05 Oct 2009, 19:52

Hi all, this may or may not be the place to ask, however as a part of my job I work with struggling families and I have a family that is desperate to seek a new home for a 6 month old staffie Bitch.

I hear the sighs believe me, yet another staffie needing a home, however that aside I agreed I would ask around as she does not really want to pass it onto the RSPCA, that said she is giving herself 2 weeks to find a home if not she has agreed I can take her to a rescue centre.

I don’t have any photos but if anyone is interested I am sure she would allow me to take some. So if anyone knows of someone looking for a staffie, she is 6 months old, black, I do not think her injections are up to date, she is not toilet trained, however is used to being around children from 8 months to 10 years old without problems although she is a lively little pup of course. She is a pretty little girl and always looks like she is smiling…

At the moment she is living with her mum, (doggy mum) who is a beautiful natured girl and very friendly.

As said if anyone knows anyone, she is looking for a good home and is not looking for any money.

Dog lives in Redhill Surrey, I am in East Grinstead, West Sussex and would be happy to arrange for anyone to meet her.

Thanks

Dee xx

amber

Re: Dog needs a home :(

Post by amber » 05 Oct 2009, 20:18

Good luck with finding her a home :D
I love Staffies :mrgreen:

Dexter_Mir

Post by Dexter_Mir » 05 Oct 2009, 20:26

amber wrote:Good luck with finding her a home :D
I love Staffies :mrgreen:
Thank you, I have a sense of dread that one will not be found, the resuce centres are overwhelmed with them as is the Staffy rescue... this poor breed and this poor little girl, once again the result of irresponsible breeding... When i told my partner he put his head in his hands and said "ohhhhh nooooo" its not happening, I know 4 would be pushing even my luck :lol: :lol:

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 05 Oct 2009, 21:02

Have you thought of putting her on dogpages? As she is nice with kiddies that is a big thing in her favour.

If looking for a new home is unsuccessful, a small rescue might be better than the rspca, I will send you the info for one near you.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

Dexter_Mir

Post by Dexter_Mir » 05 Oct 2009, 21:05

I hadn't no Carole, I have spoken with Last Chance Rescue who do not have the room, so any info you have would be of great help, many thanks..

Dee xx

linny

Post by linny » 05 Oct 2009, 23:09

So sad for this Staffie pup :( Staffies are not a bad breed it's just that a lot of them have had bad owners.... I'm.not inferring that this pup has..but there are just sooooh many in rescues :shock:
What about "Many tears" ?.

KateW

Post by KateW » 06 Oct 2009, 00:53

Poor little puppy- I do hope you can manage to find her a home, Dee.

I don't suppose she is spayed? It would be terrible if she fell into the hands of an unscrupulous breeder and was used as a breeding machine....Our local rescue home is full of staffies and yet the local paper is also full of small ads with people trying to sell puppies at between £250-500 :?

I am not at all a suporter of early neutering but in a case like this it is probably better than taking any risk of exploitation. Expect money is a problem for the family but it might be worth contacting http://www.staffordwelfare.com/ as they sometimes make grants available for staffies in need of medical help,etc.

Katherine
ImageImage

softiedog

Post by softiedog » 06 Oct 2009, 07:52

Hello - we have spoken about your doodles and Ashdown Forest in a pm!

I noticed this and wondered if you have come across Last Chance Animal Rescue in Edenbridge. Sounds a grim title but they are fantastic, never, ever, resort to putting animals down, it is kept very clean and they are very particular about finding the right home for each dog. They also advertise dogs on their site sometimes that are being rehomed from home or a foster home. I go there quite a bit with food and to say hello to the dogs and there is a good turnover of animals and lots of lovely people looking for animals. I have seen quite a few staffies finding their forever homes recently.

Not sure of their phone number but a quick google of their name will lead you to them!

softiedog

Post by softiedog » 06 Oct 2009, 07:55

Sorry - need to read everyones answers before I leap in - just see you have tried Last Chance.
Foal Farm-Biggin Hill ? Have friends you have rehomed from there.

Dexter_Mir

Post by Dexter_Mir » 06 Oct 2009, 14:12

Hi all thanks for replies;

Linny, your right very sad she is adorable, her owner is so much bad as stupid for allowing the mother to breed in the first place and she was only 18 months old, but that aside it was "planned" and wrong, bloody shame the dogs future wasnt planned !!! (ops on high horse) I had not heard of many tears so will look them up thank you Linny x

Kate thank you, I hope i find her a home but have a sense of dread that i wont. Your right she isnt spayed neither is her mother, still who she is keeping, so am trying to secure some money to at least have her spayed. My dread is also making sure if i find home its the right one and not as you rightly say and unscrupulous breeder. Kennels would be the better option but they are full to bursting. I will contact staffy welfare thank you for that. x

Hiya Softie, I have spoken to last chance and they are also busting though they have sent me a form to complete and return i will contact foal farm though.

I think if i have had no luck by the end of the week I may have to approach rescues in my professional capacity which i have avoided until now, whilst the dog is not in any danger and I am confident of that the danger may come if she is left in a home unwaanted to for too long, if that makes sense?

Thank you all for you help i will contact the suggestions today....

Thanks again ya all :D

Dee xx

linny

Post by linny » 06 Oct 2009, 14:22

Many Tears is run by the same woman who founded Last Chance ..Softies recommendation.
Wishing you luck in your search for a home for this little girl. I have everything crossed. :)

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 06 Oct 2009, 17:42

I know it's a very long way from you but try this rescue:

SOMERSET & DORSET ANIMAL RESCUE • Wincanton • Somerset. CONTACT - Tel: 01747 825802 or 07971 079249 or Email: stray_catsam@yahoo.co.uk

I know it says cats but they do dogs too. My niece helps there and she says they have re-homed loads of Staffies. If the dog is family friendly then that is a big bonus. :P
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 06 Oct 2009, 18:09

Dexter_Mir wrote:Hi all thanks for replies;

Kate thank you, I hope i find her a home but have a sense of dread that i wont. Your right she isnt spayed neither is her mother, still who she is keeping, so am trying to secure some money to at least have her spayed. My dread is also making sure if i find home its the right one and not as you rightly say and unscrupulous breeder. Kennels would be the better option but they are full to bursting. I will contact staffy welfare thank you for that. x

Dee xx
I don't know much about your area, Dee, but both the RSPCA and the PDSA will help with the costs of neutering a dog for people who are in receipt of benefits. It varies from branch to branch and depends on participating vets or being near an animal hospital but might be worth investigating. Believe it usually works out at around £50 for a spay which is considerably less than the going rate at the vet.....

Katherine
ImageImage

Dexter_Mir

Post by Dexter_Mir » 06 Oct 2009, 19:11

MrsAdmin wrote:I know it's a very long way from you but try this rescue:

SOMERSET & DORSET ANIMAL RESCUE • Wincanton • Somerset. CONTACT - Tel: 01747 825802 or 07971 079249 or Email: stray_catsam@yahoo.co.uk

I know it says cats but they do dogs too. My niece helps there and she says they have re-homed loads of Staffies. If the dog is family friendly then that is a big bonus. :P

Thanks for that what a shame i was in Frome in Somerset today for work !!!! though i will contact them all the same

xx

Dexter_Mir

Post by Dexter_Mir » 13 Oct 2009, 16:38

Just an update for you all...

I have spoken with Alison fron the Guildford Staffordshire Bull Terrer Rescue who has agreed to take this wee puppy. Whilst that is great news and she will no longer be neglected what is rather sad is that she will have to be in kennels until she is found a new forever home as all of the foster homes are full, she will however be moved from kennels to a home when a space becomes available.

Im pleased and sad all at the same time, she is only 6 months old and what a start let alone being seperated from her doggy mum and human family to go into kennels.

Anyway thought I would give an update and I am taking her Friday, she is coming home with me Thursday for a good bath and a fun romp around with my 3 before i take her on Friday :cry: :cry:

Thank you all for you messages of support advice and ideas..

Dee xx