More Truth about Rutland Manor

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
MrsB

More Truth about Rutland Manor

Post by MrsB » 29 Jul 2010, 20:37

On one of the American forums
Read Kate's heartfelt story..

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion. ... e%20Zoo%21

I was trying to just do a copy paste here but the pictures wouldn't come through

MrsAdmin

Re: More Truth about Rutland Manor

Post by MrsAdmin » 29 Jul 2010, 21:23

Thank you for this information.

I had actually already sent a message to Kate Yarrow to ask if she would post here herself or give permission to reproduce her letter, rather than cut and paste, but the information is now in the public domain.

For anyone who is new to Doodles or this forum, this is an issue vitally important to all Labradoodle owners, not just the ASD ones, as it concerns massive exploitation and fraud by the 'leading founder' of Australian Labradoodles.

Kate Yarrow and Twyla Pyles, two Americans and staunch Bev supporters, both went to Rutland Manor in Australia last year to 'help' Beverley Manners. They both posted on various forums how they found the place to be wonderful and denigrated the people who had proclaimed Rutland Manor a puppy farm, including several of us on here.

Twyla now has many of the exported Rutland Manor doodles living on her place in Texas and there has been a massive falling out with Beverley Manners, who has disclaimed the new Rutlands Legacy 'brand' to be nothing to do with her. Thankfully the dogs there seem well looked after and safe.

Today this letter has been posted on several websites. It tells the reality of what was happening at Rutland Manor with the self-proclaimed founder of Australian Labradoodles. Perhaps the scales will finally fall from everyone's eyes and action can be taken to end the misery Beverley Manners has caused for Doodles and the remaining dogs can be saved too and freed from their lives of misery and continual breeding.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

MrsB

Post by MrsB » 30 Jul 2010, 04:39

Yes...Kate told me after I posted that you contacted her.
I volunteered to post the link here since I was already Registered here.
BTW..my name is Mary and I am a small in home ALD breeder for the past 7yrs. I live in the USA in the state of PA. I too have been one of Bev's victims. I spoke out on the public forum years ago when many found my accusations hard to believe. One person alone can't fight her army of supporters. It has taken years..but I finally believe there are enough voices out there that justice will finally prevail.
Kates post will touch many people and hopefully the last of Bev's supporters will finally believe.

Sincerely,
Mary

Http://www.laurelmountaindoodles.com
Laurel Mountain Labradoodles

PennyAli

Post by PennyAli » 30 Jul 2010, 07:40

It should be noted, most of the UK Australian Labradoodle breeders did not import their dogs from Rutland Manor.

Thankfully neither did I.

linny

Post by linny » 30 Jul 2010, 10:33

At last Ms Manners is being outed...... and by her supporters!
Thank goodness someone with knowledge of the truth has at last joined others who have being saying for so long that dogs have been suffering greatly at the hands of this puppy farmer :twisted:
Let's hope that something will soon be done for the dogs still at Rutland Manor :cry:

Although RM is the other side of the world don't think that this doesn't concern us here in the UK.
Suffering and neglect should concern us all wherever we might be and we need to stand together and bring to the public eye all who abuse for profit.

Back to back breeding, debarking , breeding under age,neglect,falsified documents ......this is the true Rutland Manor whose breeding bitches suffer greatly to supply puppies for profit.

We are aware that most breeders in the UK did not import from RM but these facts about RM will hopefully make people who might be tempted to import a dog from Ms Manners fully aware of the background the dogs are coming from.
My thoughts are with those dogs still at RM :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://stoprutlandmanor.wordpress.com/2 ... own-words/

This link shows the pics of the RM dogs

maddoodle2

Post by maddoodle2 » 30 Jul 2010, 12:18

PennyAli wrote:It should be noted, most of the UK Australian Labradoodle breeders did not import their dogs from Rutland Manor.

Thankfully neither did I.
Strange, I know for a fact that many have; you just have to look at their websites and they say where their dogs are from -and yours are from Tegan Park. Lets face it Tegan Park is as bad as RM and how strange that the OP is a new member and came on immediately posting controversersial stuff that is dead old ground and not fair on the UK ASD breeders who are on here.

What RM and TP have doen is despicable but why the repetetive droning threads going over and over it? What about the cruelty and the bad breeding in this Country? Flogging dead horses doesn't achieve anything especially when some of the posters are not entirely straight with their replies.

PennyAli

Post by PennyAli » 30 Jul 2010, 14:07

maddoodle2 wrote:
Strange, I know for a fact that many have;
ONE of my dogs came from TP not RM and I can say she was in fantastic condition and temp and you will also note she has been speyed and retired, my other imports came from america NOT TP OR RM

How comes a new poster with 10 posts can know "Facts" about the other Australian breeders? I know those breeders personally and only two of them imported from RM.

And I have to say TEGAN PARK FIDELITY is the best dog in the world and I love her dearly

redheadreddog

Post by redheadreddog » 30 Jul 2010, 15:12

being a total outsider on this but someone who would die for my doodles,i have read all the posts about rut man and my conclushion is that thank the lord the truth is out and we now no, we hope the truth.
my thoughts turn to the breeders over here who for any reson are caught up in this, be it with a dog or bitch from any stock that may be affected by this in that bad news and ridecule travel faster than light and i think we should be surporting then here now and making sure we dont let this happen here as we all no there are some things over here that are not what they seem and we need to make sure we keep tabs on our breaders over here.
I hope any one who has a dog that was in anyway related to any dog that came from this is ok and that all who have them work to insure they stay safe and well looked after.
redheadreddog heather

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 30 Jul 2010, 15:33

Quite right Heather. We should all support and help anyone who has a dog with dodgy lines or health problems, no matter where it comes from. The Aussie breeders in the UK don't need a witch hunt when they have also been scammed or have to bear the brunt of the fall-out from all this.
maddoodle2 wrote:What RM and TP have doen is despicable but why the repetetive droning threads going over and over it? What about the cruelty and the bad breeding in this Country? Flogging dead horses doesn't achieve anything especially when some of the posters are not entirely straight with their replies.
Far from flogging a dead horse, this news that a staunch supporter of Beverley Manners has finally revealed what she SAW and DEALT WITH, at Rutland Manor and in America, was only broken last night (UK time). At last the scales might fall from the Beverley supporters eyes and they will see the reality of what she is and the cruelty given to her dogs.

This is a vitally important chapter in Doodle history because the tentacles of RM and Tegan Park (Beverley's daughter) reach into so many doodles' backgrounds and lineage one way or another. Instead of ignoring all this RM nightmare, because Australia is a long way away and 'I'm alright Jack - it doesn't affect us', we should all be doing our damnest to ensure such a scam and fraud never happens to 'our breed' again :twisted:

Many of us actively campaign against the puppy farmers in this country, Wales and Ireland. Cruelty to animals should not be ignored and swept under the carpet, as the best way for evil people to flourish is when good people do nothing. :cry:
Last edited by MrsAdmin on 30 Jul 2010, 15:36, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

maddoodle2

Post by maddoodle2 » 30 Jul 2010, 15:34

As I said, I just looked on people's websites and yours for one said you had a dog from TP which I just quoted as an example. I didn't mention how many YOU had. I have looked at several sites of those breeders (don't know if I can mention their names as examples so won't do in case) and several advertise that they have dogs from RM. As for a newish person with only 10 posts knowing about ASD breeders, do you think no-one else out of this forum knows about such things? Why question me when some new members have done contraversial threads on their first posts? I was just merely asking , had you read my post properly and not jumped on certain parts, why continue this vendetta which solves nothing and think about the decent breeders who have got dogs from there and are perhaps suffering because of all the bad publicity surrounding RM when they are innocent!

Oddly enough you have then ignored the comments I put and agree with another person who posted exactly the same.

Regardless of what new information has come up, the owner has been dealt with and if she can get more trouble for it then AMEN. Surely it is the dogs people should be concerned about now.

KateW

Post by KateW » 30 Jul 2010, 16:25

Personally I would like to see those breeders in the UK, USA and Australia who have been sold dogs with false pedigrees, etc, etc, form a consortium and sue BM. There appears to be copious evidence to substantiate the claims and a group of people acting in concert would not incur the kind of expenses that a single breeder would face.

It should go without saying that the welfare of all these dogs is paramount.

I know of at least some UK breeders who have satisfied themselves with the health status of their own imported dogs or their dogs bred from RM and TP lines but it must be very difficult when there is so much uncertainty about the true lineage of these dogs and so many questions are not resolved.

Obviously it is good news that Kate has now admitted how appalling the conditions were and are for the RM dogs but I am still confused as to why she and her fellow American set up a website to counter the allegations about RM when she must have known the truth of the matter as soon as she first saw the dogs.

Katherine
ImageImage

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 30 Jul 2010, 19:06

maddoodle2 wrote:As I said, I just looked on people's websites and yours for one said you had a dog from TP which I just quoted as an example. I didn't mention how many YOU had. I have looked at several sites of those breeders (don't know if I can mention their names as examples so won't do in case) and several advertise that they have dogs from RM. As for a newish person with only 10 posts knowing about ASD breeders, do you think no-one else out of this forum knows about such things? Why question me when some new members have done contraversial threads on their first posts? I was just merely asking , had you read my post properly and not jumped on certain parts, why continue this vendetta which solves nothing and think about the decent breeders who have got dogs from there and are perhaps suffering because of all the bad publicity surrounding RM when they are innocent!

Oddly enough you have then ignored the comments I put and agree with another person who posted exactly the same.

Regardless of what new information has come up, the owner has been dealt with and if she can get more trouble for it then AMEN. Surely it is the dogs people should be concerned about now.
Sorry Maddoodle2, I am very confused which person/people you are referring to - PennyAli the breeder, me or Redheadreddog (Heather) or all of us at different parts of your post? :?

Sadly Beverley Manners is NOT dealt with yet and continues to breed the poor dogs left behind in Australia, supposedly through a store of frozen semen from some of the dogs in Texas, including one who has genetic problems showing in his progeny :evil: .

I quite agree Katherine. The best thing to happen now is a joint action worldwide against BM as there is ample evidence of fraud which can be proven (many thanks to Carole G for all her hard work on proving lines etc).

Somewhere along the line there MUST be a stop put to this woman and her nightmare abuse of Labradoodles or any other dogs.

It may be rather late in the day in coming, but Kate Yarrow revealing her first hand experiences and photos of the true conditions at Rutland Manor, and what has happened since Beverley went to America, may just be the catalyst to finally open the floodgates of evidence and draw people together in litigation.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

linny2

Post by linny2 » 03 Aug 2010, 23:42

Hi all,

I live in Australia, and would like to add my sincere thanks to the people here who have worked so long and hard to help stop puppy farms in my country and elsewhere. If it were not for issues raised on this board, and the hard work and dedicated research of people right here in the UK, much of the information that the authorities are now using to try and close these places down may never have come to light.

Puppy farms are an international industry, and one without borders. As we have all seen, breeders in one country (such as Australia) may have their main support base and revenue stream in another (like the USA). As the truth slowly filters down, and one market starts to dry up, they are often quick to switch to another (for example Holland, Japan, Singapore etc).

This sorry saga is unfortunately a long way from being over. It will not end until all the dogs are safely adopted, and protected from further exploitation.
Best wishes,
Linny, Buffy & Spike
Sign the pledge to stop puppy mills at http://action.humanesociety.org/site/Su ... EY_ID=1840

Mandy

Post by Mandy » 04 Aug 2010, 08:33

:twisted: :twisted: Raising these threads about RM is hardly flogging a deadhorse. After reading Linny2 post, it seams to me that the horse is galloping on the long straight :twisted:

Continued posting of RM threads raises awareness and prevents humans from getting complacent into thinking everything is ok and with continued fights against puppy farms, hopefully one day they will be history.

linny

Post by linny » 04 Aug 2010, 10:43

Well said Linny2 and Mandy.
Public awareness and pressure is the key to closing these despicable breeders down.
Keep posting ladies :)
Exploitation of any animal (especially Labradoodles or Aussiedoodles) for profit is wrong ,wrong,..... WRONG :evil: ....