More Truth about Rutland Manor

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
watto

Re: More Truth about Rutland Manor

Post by watto » 04 Aug 2010, 12:50

As you all know, puppies are still sold in pet shops here in Australia. I have to restrain myself when we walk past and people are cooing over the pups - one day I might start shouting "walk away, walk away!" (I am already saying it in my head!) My kids would disown me :shock:

Anyway, today I was doing some locum work at another clinic, and went out for 5 mins of fresh air. On my walk, I found a pet shop, and decided to have a look. At the back of the store were the puppy display cases, but today there were only rabbits and guinea pigs. However, on the front was a big notice which said (roughly): "We will not support the continuation of puppy farms, and we are therefore unable to offer a constant supply of puppies to our customers. All puppies sold here have been visited in their home environment, preferably with the parents...." No mention of health testing of parents, but I did feel hopeful it was a start! I congratulated the owner on my way out. She probably thought I was mad.

Jo

linny

Post by linny » 04 Aug 2010, 16:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blYubxZE1Sg

The video speaks for itself....flogging a dead horse?....I don't think so :evil: :evil: she's yet to be stopped :evil: :evil:

trixiedoodle

Post by trixiedoodle » 04 Aug 2010, 18:30

Perhaps what maddoodle meant was that what good is it doing going over and over it on forums. There are all sorts of rumours going round about Beverly Manners fleeing to America and being in an asylum, but how do we know they are true? She should be treated the same way she treated her dogs imo, but I cannot understand why people who have either worked there with her defended her and now suddenly have come out branding her. I understand someone on here went to see RM and came back saying things were nothing like rumoured with the cruelty so can see why there has been such conflict about it. IF what Beverly Manners is accused of is true then I hope she rots, but I fail to see what repeatedly going on about it on forums is doing towards the poor dogs or even getting justice for them. Maddoodle also mentioned that people should be more worried about the breeders in this Country and to a degree I agree with that because whilst I hope there are none being as cruel as allegedly BM has been, there are so many bad breeders in this Country that shouldn't be allowed to be breeding - surely we should be trying to stop them.

Bruggesmum

Post by Bruggesmum » 04 Aug 2010, 19:57

linny wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blYubxZE1Sg

The video speaks for itself....flogging a dead horse?....I don't think so :evil: :evil: she's yet to be stopped :evil: :evil:
Thank you for the link Linny. This hell hole :evil: place has to be kept in the public domain until it's closed. Those poor dogs :cry: are still being breed from, shipped all over the world, pups sold for vast sums of money.

Lindsey

Post by Lindsey » 04 Aug 2010, 20:10

It makes my heart ache to see those lovely dogs in those conditions. I am glad of this forum because I am now fully aware of the proper conditions in which to choose a dog and not the misleading 'home bred' advert we saw in the paper. We have a puppy farmed dog as a result who I now view as a lucky escapee. I would never do this again but often first time dog owners are not aware and this forum has been a real educator and source of support for me. We love our dog dearly.

trixiedoodle

Post by trixiedoodle » 04 Aug 2010, 20:31

Has BM not stopped then? I read that she had been closed down by the BoraBora Council. I haven't looked at the link because I can't bear to see those poor dogs suffering, but can imagine. As the last poster has said she got her dog from a puppy farm unwittingly, I will ask again shouldn't we be doing something to prevent puppyfarming and bybs in the uk?

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 04 Aug 2010, 21:33

Many, many of us do try to do whatever we can to stop exploitation of dogs in the UK too.

We support PuppyLove, who campaign against both puppy farms and the pet shops, who are their main outlets, (http://www.puppylovecampaigns.org/)

We sign petitions and try to give opinions on any chance that the government might frame dog legislation to actually help the DOGS.

We try to educate as many people as possible about the true nature of Labradoodles and that they are not 'non-allergy-dogs :roll: (I can bore for England on this, and frequently do, to the many poor people who come up and ask me what my two totally different type Doodles are :oops: )

We actively support our breed rescue, The Labradoodle Trust, by fostering, home checking and transporting dogs, as well as fund raising as much as possible, so we can help any Doodles down on their luck and in need of help.

We try to advise people via the dog and Doodle Forums, especially first time Doodle owners, about any problems they might experience with their dog(s) as best we can, so they don't have to feel they can't cope or are alone, hence preventing any more dogs ending up in Rescue.

Some people set up Doodle Post, which has registered litters available on it that ARE totally health tested and have the papers to prove it, so that people looking for a puppy aren't ripped off in the small ads, on the internet or by persuasive puppy farmers. The rest of us try to spread the word on this as far as possible.

We take on rescue or re-homes dogs ourselves (Hubby calls ours Bargain Basement and Knockoff Norah :lol: )

We try to help anyone, anywhere, who has evidence that proves a breeder is acting as a puppy farmer. by alerting the local authorities, writing to licensing authorities and warning people who might purchase puppies from such a breeder exactly what they are getting into.

Contrary to some rumours, apparently Beverley Manners is back in Australia, still pumping out litters from the poor souls left behind, cackling over her store of frozen semen and still doing deals with other puppy farmers to get new 'stock'. The wretched woman deserves to be in jail for the abuse, fraud, evasion and lies she has perpetrated and the sooner the authorities there can ban her from going anywhere near another dog ever again the better. :twisted: They will be able to do this by the painstaking evidence that has, and still is being collated by people world wide, including the UK.

Far from 'flogging a dead horse' it is the power of being able to use the internet to contact other Doodle owners and people who have purchased RM dogs that will lead to Beverley Manners downfall, and, hopefully, conviction.

This is 'our breed' she has messed with and we owe it to not only the poor Doodles she has abused, killed and bred to death, but also to our own dogs, that such a charlatan is never allowed to get away with cruelty again.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

trinared

Post by trinared » 04 Aug 2010, 22:06

Lindsey wrote:It makes my heart ache to see those lovely dogs in those conditions. I am glad of this forum because I am now fully aware of the proper conditions in which to choose a dog and not the misleading 'home bred' advert we saw in the paper. We have a puppy farmed dog as a result who I now view as a lucky escapee. I would never do this again but often first time dog owners are not aware and this forum has been a real educator and source of support for me. We love our dog dearly.
I'm with you Lindsey. We were very naive when we got our first one and I have hugged him even tighter tonight knowing he will always be safe and loved with us now, unlike those poor dogs. :( :evil:
Marley and Duffy

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 04 Aug 2010, 22:14

Watto, do you think that the Australian RSPCA posters of Nobby are starting to have an effect on public opinion and how widespread have you seen them?

http://www.govegan.com.au/puppies/?p=336

For anyone who doesn't know, here's Nobby's story;

http://www.govegan.com.au/puppies/?p=291

That's great news that at least one pet shop has stopped displaying puppies for sale so perhaps people are voting with their feet and money :P
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

linny2

Post by linny2 » 05 Aug 2010, 09:58

MrsAdmin wrote: That's great news that at least one pet shop has stopped displaying puppies for sale so perhaps people are voting with their feet and money :P
Well said, MrsAdmin.

Unfortunately, there is one huge pet store chain called Pets Paradise here, which is anything but. They operate in the large Westfield shopping centers, and have literally dozens of puppies in the window of each shop. Every summer some puppies will become infected with Parvovirus (they are too young to be fully immunized) and every puppy in the store has to be put down. It's criminal :cry:

Fortunately, there are also a number of large chains that refuse to sell puppies and kittens, and I can only see that going up as more and more people become aware of the problems. An example is our local Petbarn, which has Adoption Days every Saturday. I help out there twice a month, and we take along a bunch of puppies from Monika's Doggie Rescue (http://www.doggierescue.com/) to hopefully find new homes. It's a lot of fun for us, and the doggies really enjoy having a day out and about meeting people too :)
Best wishes,
Linny, Buffy & Spike
Sign the pledge to stop puppy mills at http://action.humanesociety.org/site/Su ... EY_ID=1840

linny

Post by linny » 05 Aug 2010, 10:08

trixiedoodle wrote:Perhaps what maddoodle meant was that what good is it doing going over and over it on forums. There are all sorts of rumours going round about Beverly Manners fleeing to America and being in an asylum, but how do we know they are true? She should be treated the same way she treated her dogs imo, but I cannot understand why people who have either worked there with her defended her and now suddenly have come out branding her. I understand someone on here went to see RM and came back saying things were nothing like rumoured with the cruelty so can see why there has been such conflict about it. IF what Beverly Manners is accused of is true then I hope she rots, but I fail to see what repeatedly going on about it on forums is doing towards the poor dogs or even getting justice for them. Maddoodle also mentioned that people should be more worried about the breeders in this Country and to a degree I agree with that because whilst I hope there are none being as cruel as allegedly BM has been, there are so many bad breeders in this Country that shouldn't be allowed to be breeding - surely we should be trying to stop them.
The point of going over and over it (as you put it ) on forum, is to keep it in the public eye.
You may well be aware of the situation but others are not.
We owe it to the dogs and potential new owners to get the information out there , if you find it slightly boring.... I'm sorry but I find the situation unbelievably sad and will continue to post.
We now have the wonderful W.W.W, a vast information network and an ideal way to raise public awareness especially when it relates to a breed that we all love.
I witness cruelty on a regular basis and will continue to do what I think is right to try and put a stop to it here in the UK or across the world.
It's our duty to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves. .... be they human or animal .

KateW

Post by KateW » 05 Aug 2010, 11:03

I endorse everything that Linny has just said.
Lindsey wrote:It makes my heart ache to see those lovely dogs in those conditions. I am glad of this forum because I am now fully aware of the proper conditions in which to choose a dog and not the misleading 'home bred' advert we saw in the paper. We have a puppy farmed dog as a result who I now view as a lucky escapee. I would never do this again but often first time dog owners are not aware and this forum has been a real educator and source of support for me. We love our dog dearly.
Thank you for posting this, Lindsey. I think this encapsulates precisely why forums like this are so valuable.

Katherine
ImageImage

trixiedoodle

Post by trixiedoodle » 05 Aug 2010, 18:10

The point of going over and over it (as you put it ) on forum, is to keep it in the public eye.
You may well be aware of the situation but others are not.
We owe it to the dogs and potential new owners to get the information out there , if you find it slightly boring.... I'm sorry but I find the situation unbelievably sad and will continue to post.We now have the wonderful W.W.W, a vast information network and an ideal way to raise public awareness especially when it relates to a breed that we all love.
I witness cruelty on a regular basis and will continue to do what I think is right to try and put a stop to it here in the UK or across the world.
It's our duty to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves. .... be they human or animal .[/quote]
I never said it was boring to me - I think it is a horrific situation and am still waiting for a reply that covers my other questions;

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 05 Aug 2010, 18:46

Sorry TrixieDoodle, I'm a bit confused (must be my age, seems to happen a lot lately :oops: )

I thought I had answered you query as to what can be done to stop exploitation of dogs here in the UK. This is what many of us DO and we are always welcoming of anyone else who wants to join in.

It is vital that proper information is always collated regarding any abusive situation, whether witnessing a thug beating a pup in the street, or finding out about a breeder/puppy farmer working the guts out of a bitch in squalor. Without it, then there is little chance of any prosecution succeeding. This will mean contacting people over the net, making potential buyers aware of what is likely to happen to the parents of the cute puppy etc etc.

If you want to get involved in a very hands on way you must be very careful. These brutes do not mess around with nicities if they think someone is after them :evil: . You really need to contact an organisation such as PuppyLove as to what the most effective way is in which you can make a difference.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

trixiedoodle

Post by trixiedoodle » 05 Aug 2010, 20:55

Sorry I wasn't actually referring to you, but can I ask whilst on the subject as you are called Mrs Admin are you the administrator of this forum? Jus wanted clarification. Thank you