The Saddest of news

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
MrsAdmin

The Saddest of news

Post by MrsAdmin » 11 Dec 2010, 06:39

Please light a candle for Bid's little Myrtle, who passed over Rainbow Bridge with one of her little brothers yesterday.

Pauline was in touch with Debbie, Myrtle's breeder and told us this news.

'It seems that someone has brought infection into the house. Two pups are on drips at the vets - the others have come through it and are now poohing solid poos.

Hopefully all the other dogs won't get the infection........... so prayers and vibes for their protection.

Debbie is devastated, exhausted and wrung out - it's not that long since all of a previous litter died. There's no rhyme or reason to it all - it's the grotty side of breeding. The pups were developing well and were chunky monkeys so it's so sad.'

You could see from the photos how much these lovely little pups were wanted and adored, even in their short lives. My thoughts go out to Bid and Debbie in their worry and grief, as well as Tinka, their mother.

I light a candle not only to shine little Myrtle on her way over the bridge but to cast a beacon of health for her little siblings and hope they pull through too.

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

winnieb

Re: The Saddest of news

Post by winnieb » 11 Dec 2010, 13:45

Oh No thats awful news, my condolences to Bid and Debbie it must be heartbraking for everyone involved with the pups. ((((((((( to all)))))))))))))))))). The pups will be playing together at the rainbow bridge xxx
Clare,Ivy, Cookie and Barney x
A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.

Lindsey

Post by Lindsey » 11 Dec 2010, 13:46

So so sad, weeping as I type this. Sending best love to all............. Lindseyxxxxx

tynkerbelluk

Post by tynkerbelluk » 11 Dec 2010, 13:59

My heart goes out to Bid and Debbie and their families. We share your pain. We are like a big family on here and everyone's dog matters to us. Life is cruel sometimes. Here is my candle for little Myrtle and her brother as they go to Rainbow Bridge.
Image "Look after each other little ones"

My prayers for the rest of the litter are winging their way to Debbie
God Bless.
Sharron and Archie

blueboysgirl

Post by blueboysgirl » 11 Dec 2010, 14:00

Shocking news and so sad. Hope they both died peacefully and the rest of the litter recover.

Another warning to other less scrupulous "breeders" wanting to make a quick quid. It's not easy and it'll probably end up costing a small fortune for their treatment if things go wrong.

So sorry Bid, I know you were very much in love with Myrtle as were a whole lot of other people who knew her through the forum.

Claire
Claire and Bruno
ImageImage

salstar

Post by salstar » 11 Dec 2010, 14:14

:( Such sad sad news, my thoughts and prayers go to all involved......run free little ones together over the bridge. Gone but never forgotten in their short little lives, you will always be remembered. X

Mica1971

Post by Mica1971 » 11 Dec 2010, 14:14

Bid, Debbie I am so so sorry to hear this news, it's utterly devastating for all concerned. Sending positive thoughts and heartfelt love to you all and the rest of the litter with the hope that they get through this.

Tragic :cry:

Run free at the bridge little Myrtle, look after your brother xx

Michelle & Marley xxx

'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

gillwightman

Post by gillwightman » 11 Dec 2010, 14:16

Oh Bid & Debbie I am so sorry. I have followed your excitement about this new puppy with such joy. My friend has got some cocker pups and I know how devastated we would all be if anything happened to them. Frightening how it can go so badly wrong.

Heartbreaking.

Hugs

Gill
Last edited by gillwightman on 11 Dec 2010, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
[url]

Katie Mac

Post by Katie Mac » 11 Dec 2010, 14:25

Such sad news-sending thoughts and prayers to Bid and Debbie and wishing all of the other pups healthy hugs.
Katie and Martha xxx

linny

Post by linny » 11 Dec 2010, 14:42

This truly is the saddest of news :cry: :cry:
My candle is lit with the same thoughts as yours Mrs A ...to light Myrtle and her little bro home and for the rest of the litter, wishing them all back to health.
Run free little bog woppit, such a beautiful girl.
My thoughts are with Bid and with Debbie.....so sorry for you both.
Big hugs from all of us .
Linny & family

gilly g

Post by gilly g » 11 Dec 2010, 15:08

Oh my goodness, what dreadful news.

Just to let Bid and Debbie we are thinking of them.

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 11 Dec 2010, 15:36

What tragic news. I am so sorry Bid as I too knew how much you loved little Myrtle. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and for all the little pups.

Glenda xx
ImageImage

ImageImage

sammylou

Post by sammylou » 11 Dec 2010, 16:02

:shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: So So Sad!!!
My thoughts are with you Bid, Debbie and the other prospective owner. RIP little ones.
Sam, Herbert Doodle and Ted pest
ImageImage

tillytubbie

Post by tillytubbie » 11 Dec 2010, 17:16

What a shock! So sorry Bid. I don't know what to say ..... :cry:
Bye, bye Myrtle and your little brother - hope you are free from any pain and suffering xx
Image Image Image

elliebelle

Post by elliebelle » 11 Dec 2010, 17:24

So sorry Bid and Debbie - I have been following your story Bid about choosing her and her name, haven't got the words to say how I feel. Sending you love and prayers.
Myrtle - may you and your brother run free and never feel sorrow or pain XX