What time does your dood wake you up?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
stout

What time does your dood wake you up?

Post by stout » 08 Mar 2011, 22:53

Stout has decided to start waking us up sometime around 7 by barking. Touch wood he has stopped barking in the night, which he was doing a fair amount. He sleeps in his crate with the door shut, should we be letting him have the benefit of the doubt and leave his door open (he is nearly 8 months), he is also a proper pest in the morning barking and nipping (even after taking him for a walk), and advice?
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

stanleystooks

Re: What time does your dood wake you up?

Post by stanleystooks » 08 Mar 2011, 22:57

Hi good thread as I've often wondered this. Stanley will sleep as long as we do ( he sleeps with us ) but if we lay in too long around 10 am he will start licking our hands :lol:

STANLEY

blueboysgirl

Post by blueboysgirl » 08 Mar 2011, 23:01

Eerrrmmm.............. No advice here really :oops:
Bruno has the run of the house at night but the usual schedule runs like this...........

Bed time, lays on our bed for 10 mins or so, then gets uncomfortable and sleeps on the floor at the foot of the bed for another 10 mins. Then he goes downstairs and settles for the rest of the night right by the front door.
Hubby gets up for work 5am, Bruno comes up to the bed and sleeps till kids get us both up around 7:30ish, which is when he'll lick me to death to get me up :lol:

Bruno's never chewed, destroyed, soiled, ruined anything at night. He LOVES his sleep!!!
Claire and Bruno
ImageImage

chris'n'ron

Post by chris'n'ron » 08 Mar 2011, 23:11

Treacle loves her sleep. She's looking for her bed from 8 pm onwards. Don't really know what time she wakens as she doesn't make a sound until she hears our feet on the floor upstairs, usually about 8 am. By then she is sitting looking up the stairs for us. Such a quiet girl.

TREACLE

kizzie whizz

Post by kizzie whizz » 08 Mar 2011, 23:15

I don't know why Stout would be mouthy only in the mornings, but I guess he is barking at night because he wants to be with you, he is at that 'funny' age :roll:
Kizzie comes and snuggles giving lots of licks at 6 o clock every morning, Murphy waddles in a couple of minutes later. They have a wee and their breakfast, then a poop and then we all go back to bed for a couple of hours. I am looking forward to the clocks going forward and I can have a little lie in.
Wendy, Kizzie Whizz and Murphy
ImageImage

stout

Post by stout » 08 Mar 2011, 23:26

Stout used to sleep in til we got up, its over the last month or so that he has started the waking up early thing. He settles ok when we stay at someone elses house and he sleeps in our room. I don't want to give in and have him in our room really (will have to tidy up !)
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

liverbird

Post by liverbird » 08 Mar 2011, 23:51

Our two have the run of the house at night and nearly always sleep in our bedroom, unless I leave the living room door open in which case Stella will sneak on the couch, but Bailey will always come up to bed with me. OH can get home from night shift anything between 2am & 4am depending on where he has had to drive to. (HGV driver) so they get up to greet him only because there's a chance of something to eat!! they go out for a wee and settle down again when he comes up to bed. We dont get any peace after 7:00am ish. when i get up for work, I really don't need an alarm clock, Stella's pawing at me usually does the job. I let them out for a wee then feed them their brekkie and i'll go n get ready for work......then they go back to bed til OH gets up around 11am ish. Then between them all they'll have something to eat, go for a walk and have another sleep in the afternoon......it certainly is a dogs life :wink:

But why don't they understand WEEKENDS ARE FOR SLEEPING IN :x :x

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 09 Mar 2011, 00:11

Leon chooses to sleep downstairs, he comes up to see us at 6.30-7.00, gets on the bed and licks us then settles down with us until we get up. I love his morning cuddles and wouldn't want him separated from us.

Do you think Stout is waking earlier as the sun is rising earlier? I'd be inclined to leave his crate open and let him wander around if he so wishes.
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

nutttymutts

Post by nutttymutts » 09 Mar 2011, 00:44

I was going to suggest the earlier daylight coming through. Skye and Asha have their beds in our room they dont get up til we do but sometime we have to wake them up to goto the loo and we dont have structure here :lol: :lol:

MrsMoby

Post by MrsMoby » 09 Mar 2011, 01:07

kizzie whizz wrote:I don't know why Stout would be mouthy only in the mornings, but I guess he is barking at night because he wants to be with you, he is at that 'funny' age :roll:
Kizzie comes and snuggles giving lots of licks at 6 o clock every morning, Murphy waddles in a couple of minutes later. They have a wee and their breakfast, then a poop and then we all go back to bed for a couple of hours. I am looking forward to the clocks going forward and I can have a little lie in.
OOh forgot that how exciting may get a little lie in!! Zuko wakes up about 7ish and starts crying downstairs to get me up, if however we stir from 6 onwards he knows and forces me out of bed. My hubby says Zuko obviously managed what nobody else could
MrsMoby and my dood Zuko

Bid

Post by Bid » 09 Mar 2011, 01:41

My dogs don't wake me up! They sleep downstairs as upstairs is cat-land, and the dogs stay snoozing until I go downstairs, which can be anytime from 6.00 weekdays to 9.00 at weekends. Then Daisy gets some fusses in her bed, and Poppy comes for cuddles on my lap :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 09 Mar 2011, 09:25

Liz will sleep at least as long as I do,some mornings shes still on the sofa at 10ish

kizzie whizz

Post by kizzie whizz » 09 Mar 2011, 10:08

MrsMoby wrote:OOh forgot that how exciting may get a little lie in!! Zuko wakes up about 7ish and starts crying downstairs to get me up, if however we stir from 6 onwards he knows and forces me out of bed. My hubby says Zuko obviously managed what nobody else could
Murphy was programmed to wake up at 7 too, I suspect this is the time that Darren and Isobel's household got up :)
Wendy, Kizzie Whizz and Murphy
ImageImage

rebecca0969

Post by rebecca0969 » 09 Mar 2011, 11:38

Noodles sleeps in the utility room as after so many years of sleepless nights with the children there was no way I was being woken by a dog. We've had to shut her in the crate as she can still get through the cat flap, didn't want that happening through the night. The children are always up before us so they let Noodles out for a wee etc. At the weekends she comes running straight from the garden up to our room and flies straight onto our bed. Am going to have to buy a new black fur and mud coloured quilt cover. :lol:
Rebecca and Noodles x

gilly1709

Post by gilly1709 » 09 Mar 2011, 12:14

Same as Claire's Bruno,

Comes up to bed with us and has a snooze on the bed for 10 mins. I've no idea where Marm's sleeps for the rest of the night but he has a bed in the kitchen and a larger one in the living room so probably there.

Then, pretty much bang on 6am he'll come up, jump onto the bed, give us a lick to wake us up and then assume the usual dood sleeping position on his back with everything displayed.
ImageImage
ImageImage