fox poo !

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
trinared

fox poo !

Post by trinared » 24 Jun 2011, 19:01

It's finally happened. Both of then covered in it before I could stop them and man does it smell! I have shampood them three times and they still smell. Is there anything I can do or will it just wear off eventually?
Marley and Duffy

Liz!

Re: fox poo !

Post by Liz! » 24 Jun 2011, 19:04

Wash them again and in tomato sauce. Just had to do this with lola after she swam through muck spread on a filed, little tinker! 4 showers, no change to the pong, left her in the bath with strict instructions to 'stay' (and she did!!) got the (organic!!) tomato sauce from the fridge, doused her in it all over (not as easy as shampoo and it made her shiver!!) and then rinsed out, then i mixed it in with shampoo and did it again, and the smell was MUCH reduced. Even gone in some places.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

Bolster

Post by Bolster » 24 Jun 2011, 19:45

We use Pet Fresh deodorant spray, from our vets or online. All three of ours love a bit of Eau de Fox with a little badger poo for variety and being in the country, there's no shortage of supplies.

Today our Giant Schnauzer topped the others by coming back with the human variety in her beard!

A good dunk in the sea with a scrubbing when they're home followed by a few squirts of Pet Fresh (with their eyes covered of course) does the trick every time.

justinwest

Post by justinwest » 24 Jun 2011, 19:57

Bolster wrote: A good dunk in the sea with a scrubbing when they're home followed by a few squirts of Pet Fresh (with their eyes covered of course) does the trick every time.
There are not many smells that will survive a dunk in the sea, but if that fails it is worth following up with the ketchup, worked a treat on our old alsation that had a preference for brown stuff of the 'Red Rum' variety!
he was a big dog, so it was big bottles of extra value tommy ketchup all round!

good luck!
Justin
]Image
Freddy West - as much trouble as his namesake (almost!)

Bid

Post by Bid » 24 Jun 2011, 20:38

Apple Cider Vinegar - well any vinegar really. It's she same effect as tomato kethup, but less pink (I have a cream doodle who went pink with the sauce :lol: :lol: :lol: ).
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Kirstie & Murphy

Post by Kirstie & Murphy » 24 Jun 2011, 21:04

Also check the collar, Murphy always manages to get it all over his :D
Kirstie & Murphy
Image Image