Visiting Fox

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
sammylou

Re: Visiting Fox

Post by sammylou » 26 Feb 2012, 23:18

Ugh, foxes :x
I agree with LDD.
We live in the country surrounded by fields and yet they insist on making holes in my fence so they can wander through. Wake me in the night with their calling and driving the dogs nuts. They don't eat the ever increasing rabbit population because if they walk for 5 mins they can be fed by the irritating ex-townies that have moved to the village and think cute mr fox is lovely :cry: he's not! he is a disese caring, dirty, damaging, nasty vermin. He will kill your pet bunny, guinea pig or kitten all for fun! as well as steal your dogs toys, empty your bins (which encourages rats) and wake you up in the middle of the night with their loud calls, oh and if you very unlucky will attack your young children in their sleep.
Lion dung is a good option and probably the only one,but re introducing the hunt, educating people and stopping town folks from feeding then would be better. Inform your local council pest control too.
Good luck.
Sam, Herbert Doodle and Ted pest
ImageImage

linny

Post by linny » 27 Feb 2012, 02:10

sammylou wrote:Ugh, foxes :x
I agree with LDD.
We live in the country surrounded by fields and yet they insist on making holes in my fence so they can wander through. Wake me in the night with their calling and driving the dogs nuts. They don't eat the ever increasing rabbit population because if they walk for 5 mins they can be fed by the irritating ex-townies that have moved to the village and think cute mr fox is lovely :cry: he's not! he is a disese caring, dirty, damaging, nasty vermin. He will kill your pet bunny, guinea pig or kitten all for fun! as well as steal your dogs toys, empty your bins (which encourages rats) and wake you up in the middle of the night with their loud calls, oh and if you very unlucky will attack your young children in their sleep.
Lion dung is a good option and probably the only one,but re introducing the hunt, educating people and stopping town folks from feeding then would be better. Inform your local council pest control too.
Good luck.
You could say a lot of the things you mention about some humans.
I am country born and bred and take the view that there is room in the world for all creatures.
Sadly, bit by bit the countryside is fast disappearing to make way for more and more houses to accomodate the ever increasing human population.
Rather than be concerned about Mr Fox I am more concerned about the loss of natural enviroment and the filth and litter left by two legged vermin . Mr Fox can walk to the nearest town and feast on the takeaway food that's thrown to the ground in the areas surrounding any fast food outlet.
Pull in to any layby and they are strewn with rubbish.
Truth is I think that we are a filthy nation and that's why we have a huge increase in rats and foxes...... we enable them to prosper by our own dirty habits

Rowan11

Post by Rowan11 » 27 Feb 2012, 15:50

Very good point Linny - im with you on this one. im still a fox loving person :)
Dawn & Luna x

Rosikus

Post by Rosikus » 27 Feb 2012, 16:32

Shoot the buggers. :lol:

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 27 Feb 2012, 19:08

linny wrote:You could say a lot of the things you mention about some humans. Truth is I think that we are a filthy nation and that's why we have a huge increase in rats and foxes...... we enable them to prosper by our own dirty habits
Couldn’t agree more :D .

I too grew up in the country & my Dad used to shoot foxes, & Rabbits. (much to my mum’s dismay :roll: ) He now does enjoy watching them & their cubs with my mum :D , although he still says " if your mum wasn’t here, I’d take a pot shot at them"...................we assume he’s joking. :lol:
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image