Leaving your dog outside a shop

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
jefferson

Re: Leaving your dog outside a shop

Post by jefferson » 21 May 2012, 09:34

only last week where i live, 2 dogs were 'snatched' from outside Tesco. The police believe that the dogs are then being used for dog fighting,and small dogs are being used as the 'bait' to get the more vicious dogs more wound up for the main event. Our local police are advising everyone who has a dog, to never leave unattended outside shops,it literally takes seconds for these people to get your dog in the back of a van/car and you will never see your pet again.

Rowan11

Post by Rowan11 » 21 May 2012, 19:37

jefferson wrote:only last week where i live, 2 dogs were 'snatched' from outside Tesco. The police believe that the dogs are then being used for dog fighting,and small dogs are being used as the 'bait' to get the more vicious dogs more wound up for the main event. Our local police are advising everyone who has a dog, to never leave unattended outside shops,it literally takes seconds for these people to get your dog in the back of a van/car and you will never see your pet again.
OMG THATS AWFUL !!!! Thanks for posting that. its a stark warning for everyone. there are some truly awful people around. :(
Dawn & Luna x

bedlingtondoodle

Post by bedlingtondoodle » 21 May 2012, 20:49

nutttymutts wrote:I don't and won't ever leave of my two our just one of them outside a shop. My friend had to write a statement for a court Hearing. The owner only went to the shop, to get a paper. The Dog won't walk with anyone other than her. The Dog us so laid back that you wonder if it is alive, as master what it will court sit or lie down and won't move until the owner say come on. This Dog was called bullet proof because even with cats. kids, people noises it was never phased. Stay meant stay. It is one of huge Japanese dogs can't think poof the breed, so going in to grab a paper was normal.
One day there was a load of screaming read chiming from outside , then the police come and took three Dog. There was a team of scanners that if they could not steal the Dog then they will beat the Dog until the Dog bites them, turbojet will press charges against the owner in prefer to get the Dog distroyed and compensation for personal injuries, the Osbert was distort as she knew the Dog was not in the wrong. Even though witness came forward the out come is still sad.she is not allowed to take the Dog out unless it is harnessed and wearing a completely boxed in muzzle. It is never allowed off lead, including when in its garden

Not sure whether the Dog was lucky because it is not allowed to be a Dog any more.

You have.to look at both sides for.and against and the for.and agonists and the out comes that could happen. My.mind got changed to affidavit that is my choice, do.what is right for.gov
:?: no matter how many times I have read it I am not sure what is meant. (maybe predictive text if you are posting from a tablet)

Please don't think I am being rude I am just really interested in this one
Lewie
Benson

Oscar2011

Post by Oscar2011 » 21 May 2012, 20:51

Hi,

I too, would never leave Oscar outside a shop, not for a second. Labradoodles seem very rare in these parts and I'm sure that would make him fare game for thieves. We have never ever seen another Doodle whilst walking Oscar. Hopefully we will one day..

Oscar & Gerry.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Crazy flying dog,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5aKvfznuQ

Life of a Labradoodle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFkOb39sv4

MalcolmW

Post by MalcolmW » 21 May 2012, 20:57

jefferson wrote:only last week where i live, 2 dogs were 'snatched' from outside Tesco. The police believe that the dogs are then being used for dog fighting,and small dogs are being used as the 'bait' to get the more vicious dogs more wound up for the main event. Our local police are advising everyone who has a dog, to never leave unattended outside shops,it literally takes seconds for these people to get your dog in the back of a van/car and you will never see your pet again.
A dog from a couple of streets away was stolen while his owner went into my local Tesco to buy his newspaper and bread. Luckily he found his dog that same night. It was a strange tale, a boy found the dog in the morning, but his parents only reported it to the police after 6pm and only because their 2 bull terriers did not get on with their new pet :?
For some reason they had shaved a small part of the dogs coat (a spaniel). The man did not ask many questions as it was a pretty rough area and he was just glad to get the dog back.

I heard a few weeks ago of another dog being stolen from outside a shop - the owner had only gone in to pay her newspaper bill and someone had unclipped the dog from its lead in the few minutes she had gone. I still don't think it has been found
Malcolm

owned by the Labradoodles Lottie and Ruby
and Teigan & Leo the Mini Schnauzers

lara's mum

Post by lara's mum » 21 May 2012, 21:20

I have never left Lara yet outside a shop and after reading this forum it has confirmed my fears.

She is bad enough if left with hubby outside, just stares at the door waiting for me to appear :roll:

Scary and sad :cry:
Alison & Lara

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 21 May 2012, 21:22

bedlingtondoodle wrote: :?: no matter how many times I have read it I am not sure what is meant. (maybe predictive text if you are posting from a tablet)

The way I understand it this story happened to her friend and she had to write it all out for the courts recently.

Friend goes into shop for a minute and leaves her well behaved dog outside. A team of "scanners" arrived, who I think are people who scan for dogs to steal/attack. Their aim is to steal the dog, but if the dog isn't easy to take they will goad the dog into attacking in order to sue for compensation.

There is a commotion outside the shop between the dog and this gang, the police are called who take the dog away. In spite of witness statements in the dog's favour, the woman has the dog back - but been ordered to keep her dog permanently on a lead - and it must wear a muzzle and harness outdoors.

Rowan11

Post by Rowan11 » 21 May 2012, 21:34

Maggie111 wrote:
bedlingtondoodle wrote: :?: no matter how many times I have read it I am not sure what is meant. (maybe predictive text if you are posting from a tablet)

The way I understand it this story happened to her friend and she had to write it all out for the courts recently.

Friend goes into shop for a minute and leaves her well behaved dog outside. A team of "scanners" arrived, who I think are people who scan for dogs to steal/attack. Their aim is to steal the dog, but if the dog isn't easy to take they will goad the dog into attacking in order to sue for compensation.

There is a commotion outside the shop between the dog and this gang, the police are called who take the dog away. In spite of witness statements in the dog's favour, the woman has the dog back - but been ordered to keep her dog permanently on a lead - and it must wear a muzzle and harness outdoors.
well im glad someone cleared that up ! i too was confused :)
Dawn & Luna x

Rosikus

Post by Rosikus » 22 May 2012, 15:41

Think scanners was scammers. :)

Rowan11

Post by Rowan11 » 22 May 2012, 16:02

Rosikus wrote:Think scanners was scammers. :)
:lol: oh yeah ! that would make more sense :)
Dawn & Luna x