The Barkery

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
LakeDistrictDoodle

The Barkery

Post by LakeDistrictDoodle » 22 May 2012, 15:24

Hi there, has anyone ordered anything from the Barkery lately, the dog biscuit/cake place that was addvertised on here once?
I put an order in a whils ago and I have had to put a paypal disspute through to try and get my money back!!!!!
I was in a rush when I did the order as I wanted to get it posted off to a friend for thier dogs birthday. So I ordered the biscuits to be over £15 then the P&P is free, the order was £17 then P&P £22.50 total £39.50, when it came to the part when you have to pay, I thought the amount for the P&P would be removed but it didn't, in fact the payment went through straight away with no place to put a delivery address or anything, so I thought that was wrong right away and emailed and rang them.
Since then I have left emails on the dogswithtaste email and through paypal, left several messages on the mobile number from the web page (someone called Chris) and tried to phone the main number only to hear a message saying it is wrong.
I rang 118118 and gave them the business name and address and they say no business is registered at that address, so I gave them Mandy Kirtley's (off web page) name and she lives at that address but is ex-directory so you can't ring her!!!!!
Anyway paypal are trying to sort it out, but it looks like something has gone wrong and this Mandy woman is taking peoples money but not sending out the biscuits or cakes and not giving the money back. Well if she thought I was going to wave goodbye to nearly £40 to some rip off, she is sadly mistaken.
It might be an idea to stay away from this company unless you know otherwise.
Me and Mummy

The Turners

Re: The Barkery

Post by The Turners » 22 May 2012, 16:07

Hi, we were very big fans of the Barkery, we ordered Wurly’s 1st birthday cake from them it came without any problems :) .

However at Christmas I made a very large order (£60) to be delivered 3 weeks before Christmas, I rang them to confirm & was promised they would be sent out. We eventually received them the 2 days before Christmas eve :( . I was so disappointed as I wanted to post them on to family members (Scotland & Bristol)

I was not happy and when I e-mailed to complain I received no reply :evil: , I rang the number (landline & Mobile) left messages but have never received any response :( . But at least we did get our goods. So sorry your having problems We haven’t ordered anything since then so this year I’m attempting to make her cake myself :D . Hope you get it sorted. :)
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

Rowan11

Post by Rowan11 » 22 May 2012, 16:14

No Way !!! thanks for the warning on here. ive never used them but i remember Wurly's cake etc. what a shame that she is letting her business go down the pan. really hope you get your money back . x
Dawn & Luna x

Zetti Doodle

Post by Zetti Doodle » 22 May 2012, 16:39

Gosh, that's awful.....really sorry to hear that, but thanks for the warning! I had also seen Wurly's cake and admired it with intentions of ordering one for Rossetti when the time comes - long way off, lol, as he's only four months - but will steer clear now :(

Do hope you get your money back!

Mimi x
Mimi, Rossetti and Raphaella, the Spanish Water Dog x

[url=http://pitapata.com]Image[url]

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 22 May 2012, 17:42

:lol: I also remembered Wurly's cake!!

Sounds like they're struggling at the minute... Money Saving Expert Forums is a great place to go for legal advice :)

LakeDistrictDoodle

Post by LakeDistrictDoodle » 22 May 2012, 18:20

Thanks guys, the first time we ordered from them, it took longer than expected for the biscuits to arrive and then the order was wrong, we had more than we ordered by two packets, but only 3 of the 7 packs ordered were the types of biscuits that we had ordered. We think they just threw in what they had, hence the two extra.
We wanted a cake this time really rather than biscuits, but it said on the web that they had to be collected, there was no where to order them on line and they didn't post them.
Might be an idea to not risk money with them at the moment.
Paypal is sorting it all out for us, so thank god I paid through there rather than on debit card !!!!
Me and Mummy

jefferson

Post by jefferson » 22 May 2012, 22:18

Thanks for letting us know, i saw Wurlys birthday cake and thought it was brilliant and i was going to order some things for Riley. i wont bother now. Sorry you had to go through that though,and im glad you used paypal, at least you will get the money side sorted.

muffinhead

Post by muffinhead » 23 May 2012, 07:18

We were going to order a birthday cake next month so i'm SO greatful for the heads up

I hope you get it all sorted....do keep us posted
Sarah

LakeDistrictDoodle

Post by LakeDistrictDoodle » 23 May 2012, 09:44

Will let you all know how we get on.
As of today, the seller has not responded to paypal getting in touch with them. I am so glad that I did pay that way as my finger was hovering over the debit card button.

If any of you find an alternative baker who does amaizing dogie cakes, then please let us all no, or if anyone one here is out of work at the mo and can bake...........who knows, a new career way await you :)
Me and Mummy

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 23 May 2012, 09:49

LakeDistrictDoodle wrote:If any of you find an alternative baker who does amaizing dogie cakes, then please let us all no, or if anyone one here is out of work at the mo and can bake...........who knows, a new career way await you :)
Cor, I was just thinking that with the amount of people who would buy one!!

Funny, I ordered a dog bone cookie cutter a month ago ;) Although the first thing on my list to make is "pup cakes" :D