WARNING: Dog snatcher!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Maggie111

Re: WARNING: Dog snatcher!

Post by Maggie111 » 21 Jun 2012, 09:18

Sarah Bevan wrote:We have been asked on a couple of occasions if Jessie is spayed - we always say yes even though she is not.
Labradoodles have been stolen to breed.
What an excellent bit of advice :)

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 21 Jun 2012, 10:41

Sarah Bevan wrote:http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/9588833 ... _to_order/

This is the link to our local paper, it s not a myth.
BBC crime watch also have a page on the increase.
That's sobering. But what sort of stolen dog can be sold on for £1,000? That sounds weird...
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

tillytubbie

Post by tillytubbie » 22 Jun 2012, 14:18

Liz! wrote: That's sobering. But what sort of stolen dog can be sold on for £1,000? That sounds weird...
Depends on the dog. Stolen bully breeds, rotties, mastiffs etc can be trained to fight and (as sickening as it may seem) are worth thousands! :(
Image Image Image

elainendexter

Post by elainendexter » 22 Jun 2012, 15:21

It is right my freinds friend had her dog knicked out of garden,i already suffer from anixity ,so this as made it worse ,i am nearly always on my own with dexter ,and if there are a few of them you have no chance at all.I just cant imagine what they do to these poor dogs ,and to think it could be your poor dog being made to fight ,when they are so gentle natured its horried .I would love to put these peole in a room with some of these dogs and let them rip them apart slowly.The trouble is my dog goes to anyone so that would be easy for anyone to grab him .
Image this is when grandaughter put dexter some platts in.

FelixTheDoggy

Post by FelixTheDoggy » 22 Jun 2012, 15:49

Maggie111 wrote:
Sarah Bevan wrote:We have been asked on a couple of occasions if Jessie is spayed - we always say yes even though she is not.
I still tell people my dog is a mutt, well she wouldn't have been used by a responsible breeder for breeding the next generation anyway!

Sarah Bevan

Post by Sarah Bevan » 22 Jun 2012, 23:41

FelixTheDoggy wrote:
Maggie111 wrote:
I still tell people my dog is a mutt, well she wouldn't have been used by a responsible breeder for breeding the next generation anyway!

Yes we have told plenty of people she is a Heinz!
Sarah and Jessie

FelixTheDoggy

Post by FelixTheDoggy » 23 Jun 2012, 00:01

Sarah Bevan wrote:Yes we have told plenty of people she is a Heinz!
My sister has started making up new breed names to see how many people would believe her :twisted: , hope she doesn't tell my OH or it'll be a new game and I'll be hanging my head in shame. :roll:

lgri8211

Post by lgri8211 » 23 Jun 2012, 21:12

Because Jess is big and and could easily pass for alot older than 6 months if i'm asked how much she was my reply is nearly always the same.....

Oh i rescued her i went to see some pups and the breeder was getting rid of her because she was no good for breeding!!!!

i hope that sends any sus people packing!!