Do we realise how clever our doodles are without training

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Doodle Dee

Do we realise how clever our doodles are without training

Post by Doodle Dee » 08 Jun 2013, 13:42

What has your doodle done that you never trained it for?

I realised when I put Lulu in the car I automatically say mind your head and she just puts her head back a bit more (it may be at an early age I did bang her head with the boot but she has obviously remembered)
:D
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Lianne

Re: Do we realise how clever our doodles are without trainin

Post by Lianne » 08 Jun 2013, 15:48

I never trained Barney to steal anything he can find, get on the trampoline (we moved the rabbit hutch as he was using that as a ladder but now he just kangadoodles on), run in the opposite direction when I say "come" or take the washing off the line and hide it behind a bush. Miraculously he knows how to do all of these things!

Lianne and Barney
Xx

blueboysgirl

Post by blueboysgirl » 08 Jun 2013, 16:27

When Bruno get's in the car, I too say "Mind your head" and he shifts further back.

He also walks around poo on the street and looks back at me as if to make sure I have followed his lead and not walked through it like a good girl :wink:

He also has learned how to open and steal from the bin, go halfway up the stairs when being told off and look at me through the bannisters, waits patiently next to me while I pick his poo up, and he dances perfectly like a trained poodle on his back legs when trying to look over a hedge or into someones kitchen window :lol:
Claire and Bruno
ImageImage

DiSet

Post by DiSet » 08 Jun 2013, 17:07

Learned to jump 6ft drystone wall without any training (the rabbit running through a hole in it helped) :roll:

Oscar2011

Post by Oscar2011 » 08 Jun 2013, 19:03

Never trained Oscar to,

Steal all food. :shock:
Take lid of laundry basket.
Walk around puddles.
Tap door to go out.
Tap water bowl when empty.
Jump all over visitors. :shock:
Hump his bed :shock:
Chase cats from the garden :)
Steal clothes pegs :shock:

But best of all, Doodle kisses and Cuddles.

Oscar & hoomans.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Crazy flying dog,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5aKvfznuQ

Life of a Labradoodle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFkOb39sv4

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 08 Jun 2013, 19:04

Wurly has learnt to be a record breaking thief, without any training :roll:
20 items in 15 minutes the other day, that’s more than 1 item a minute. :shock:
We are so proud. :wink:
But well done Lulu for not letting mummy hit you on the head with door. :mrgreen:
Nicky
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

Jay128

Post by Jay128 » 08 Jun 2013, 21:41

Never trained Poppy to

Go through the cat flap,
Chase Izzy the cat,
Play fetch on her own with her tripe sticks,
Wallow in stinky water,

Or steal Daddies black pudding butty!
ImageImage

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 08 Jun 2013, 23:41

We have never trained Lola to try and help us get her out of the car - she climbs on one arm very helpfully, but it makes it much more difficult to get her out.

If she is on my lap, or indeed anywhere else, she leaps off if I say, 'come on then', knowing that the next thing I'll do is stand up to do something.

If I say 'when is (name of person she knows) coming' she runs to the front door and sits looking a it expectantly.

She has never been taught to 'escalate' an alert for low blood sugar, but does so frequently. she sits and stares at me, paws me - those were encouraged. But when I haven't listened to her because I'm not well, she has danced, 'talked', woofed, gone and got someone else and gone through all her alerts with them and 'herded' them to me.

She seems to know when she has to be very good and gentle. She usually sits next to small children, and is especially careful with toddlers. Today at an exhibition a little girl (about 2) was sitting on the floor at one lot of pictures we were looking at - we were walking slowly around so sitting was not expected. Lola stood looking at the little girl who had been crying, but who stopped when she saw Lola, and when the the little girl whispered 'sit' she sat.
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

Bid

Post by Bid » 09 Jun 2013, 00:03

Daisy surprises me with her planning! For example when they have bones, Daisy finishes hers before Poppy (Beamish has his elsewhere as he gets too enthusiastic about all the bones!). Daisy want's Poppy's bone, so she runs indoors to the toy box, finds a squeaky toy, takes it out to Poppy as she knows that Poppy can't resist a squeaky toy. Daisy squeaks the toy - Poppy comes to get it and leaves her bone - Daisy gets the bone!

I wouldn't have thought that a dog could plot something like that, and repeat it time and time again!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

michala

Post by michala » 09 Jun 2013, 07:58

Pixie tells tales!
She finds me, nudges and pushes at me with her nose quite strongly then makes me follow her to show me which family member, dog or human is up to no good.
Whether it is kids getting unauthorised access to the treat cupboard, cosmic stealing a sock or petal sneaking upstairs I get to know about it!

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 09 Jun 2013, 17:22

LOL! lola does that with our cat too...
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 09 Jun 2013, 17:34

michala wrote:Pixie tells tales!
She finds me, nudges and pushes at me with her nose quite strongly then makes me follow her to show me which family member, dog or human is up to no good.
Whether it is kids getting unauthorised access to the treat cupboard, cosmic stealing a sock or petal sneaking upstairs I get to know about it!
Fozzie says that Pixie is a tell tale tattletale and calls for other doodles to band together and ex-communicate her from the brotherhood of doodliness. Who wants a snitch in their midst :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Cosmic and Petal, we feel your pain :( :( :( :(