A soft mouth

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Maggie111

A soft mouth

Post by Maggie111 » 10 Jul 2013, 15:21

Barney is great at destroying toys, loves it in fact! :D

But every now and then he has such a soft mouth. It's really my favourite thing to watch him do - play so gently with something he should rip to pieces :D

When we give him a scotch egg he holds it in his mouth, drops it and picks it up a few times before he licks the breadcrumbs off, then bites the sausage meat off leaving just the egg whole then he eats that :D Hubs gave him a biscuit the other day and he just held it and drooled, moving it in and out of his mouth a few times before he demolished it.

We bought the cat a toy which he doesn't like so we let Barney play with it for 30 minutes... And weeks later it's still going strong and all it is, is just a crinkly soft toy (very much like a training dummy).

Do any of your Doodles have soft mouths? And does it make you grin as much as it makes me? We love finding new food for him to mouth. We find once he knows what something is he wolfs it down!

thepadster

Re: A soft mouth

Post by thepadster » 10 Jul 2013, 15:31

Paddy's very gentle too with his toys, he still has his puppy ones intact. He knows the word "gentle" and will take treats from my hand so carefully to avoid any contact with his teeth - it's very sweet.
ImageImage

J RALPH

Post by J RALPH » 10 Jul 2013, 16:13

Snap! You have probably seen from my previous posts that Scooby (now 17 months) is abit of a terror with toys, I have yet to find one that he doesn't destroy in minutes, I even bought a £20 tuffies toy and he ripped it apart in less than 15 minutes! Yesterday he broke my daughters rubber ring and arm bands and stole a plastic bottle of sun cream! We have yet to sort out his stealing! As it is he hasn't got many toys now just tennis balls and a tugger rope as I cant find anything else to give him.

Anyway today I gave him an intact whole raw egg for the first time, thinking it would take him 2 minutes to eat. But no, he carried it round the garden in his mouth like it was his little baby bless him. 45 minutes later he made a tiny hole and licked and licked at it until the hole got bigger and then gently lapped up the white and yolk. Very strange, never seen him so gentle!!!!!

Julie

kobi&jazz

Post by kobi&jazz » 10 Jul 2013, 16:29

Funnily enough I gave both Jazz and Kobi a strawberry at weekend and Kobi just had no idea what to do with it (he normaly hoovers down food), he lay down sniffing and pawing it and Jazz looked at me disgusted - cut the tip of so they could get a better smell and they soon disappeared :) :)

briansangel

Post by briansangel » 10 Jul 2013, 17:58

Poppy also plays with strawberrys rolling them around her mouth throwing it up and catching it.. She has her 3 puppy toys that she still takes into bed with her she licks them and nudges them but she can demolish a different toy in seconds lol.. Seems Our Doodles are all the same xxxx
ImageImage

blueboysgirl

Post by blueboysgirl » 10 Jul 2013, 18:32

YESS!!!! :lol:
Their jowelly necks and droopy lips!!
I love to watch Bruno handle something so soft that even you couldn't handle it softer
Claire and Bruno
ImageImage

eileenandmolly

Post by eileenandmolly » 10 Jul 2013, 21:40

Aw Barney , such a gentle boy :D And you others with gentle souls :D

Molly and Saffie are gentle with humans .....Saffie loves to take me by the hand with her gentle mouth, and Molly wouldn't even think to chew anyone except me :lol: :lol: ......but are absolutely ruthless with anything remotely edible/chewable.....whether it is meant to be edible or not :roll:
Ei, Molly and Saffie

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 10 Jul 2013, 22:46

Ianto tears the ears, tails and antlers off soft toys - before pulling their brains out... But, given a whole raw egg, he too carried it gently for ages, finally made a tiny crack and lapped at it for ages. Then, when it opened slightly he took out the white and yolk, licking the inside clean. (He did scoff the shell eventually.)
The other day next door's cat managed to get a sparrow fledgling out of the nest. After I shoo-ed the cat away, Ianto came out from behind the shed with what I thought was a dead mouse. It was the fledgling! When I distracted him with a toy, he put the baby bird down - and it ran away... It has survived and fledged properly in our garden. I was so surprised at how gently he held it....
Anne x