kimberlene labradoodles

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
davidstorer

kimberlene labradoodles

Post by davidstorer » 28 Oct 2013, 17:21

bought two labradoodle pups from kimberlene's at beginning of august after being told by owner they were 14 weeks old later to find they were actually 19 weeks old. we were promised the dogs would grow to be just like the parents, two labradoodles. now at 7 months old the male is just a lab. with a more pointed nose and a very short coat and several health problems he is going for fullbody X.RAYS tomorrow costing 400 pounds. the female is slightly heavier with a coat that is wavy along the backbone but neither dog looks anything like the alleged parents. after saying he would keep in touch we have heard nothing from Kimberlene's .Please everybody be very wary before buying from this source

jackieholmes19

Re: kimberlene labradoodles

Post by jackieholmes19 » 28 Oct 2013, 17:36

The things with doodles is that you can never be sure what size they are going to be, or what their coat is going to be like.

I don't know anything about Kimberlenes I'm afraid. I'm sure others will though.

I'm very sorry to hear about the health problems - fingers crossed it all improves soon.
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

shellsie

Post by shellsie » 28 Oct 2013, 17:40

u can if u've paid a lot of money out for one and been promised say a miniature for example or non-shedding. What exactly did they say u would get??

canteron

Post by canteron » 28 Oct 2013, 17:42

Interesting this, when looking for my pup recently I had a chat with Kimberlene - well I rung and didn't leave a message but he rung back pretty quickly so funny you can't get a reply.

I didn't get a good feeling they also said they had a whole lot of pups which they were very keen to get rid off (at a very reduced price) because they didn't have the doodly coats as in all their promotional material.

I may be wrong, but I really got a rather horrible puppy factory feel, I didn't get a feeling that there was a lot of affection towards the dogs. I am really sorry to hear about the health problems, thats not fair on anyone.

I just hope that you love your pups anyway, Even though I suspect they are now in the terrible teenage stage. If your dog is less that the awesome full coated dood, they just be happy that you won't spend all your money on the groomers and maybe buy them some fabulous doggy jewellery so everyone knows they are loved. I have just been seduced by these!!

http://www.collarsandtags.co.uk/charms-c-44.html

Bid

Post by Bid » 28 Oct 2013, 17:52

I'm sorry you are disappointed with your doodles :( As Jackie says - their coats can be unpredictable. Wendy's Murphy was one of the curliest pups in his litter, but as an adult he isn't curly at all. The coat isn't everything though - there are some much-loved labrasmoothies on here with wonderful temperaments.

I am surprised that Kimberlenes are not communicating with you about the health issues though - their website talks a lot about their concern for the health of their lines so I would have thought they would be anxious to know about any problems with one of their pups :( . I know the breeders of my doods always want to know - both the good and the bad news about the health of their pups.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 29 Oct 2013, 13:11

Hello I did respond to your previous post about Kimberlenes. I'm assuming you may think I'm in the Kimberlenes camp as you didn't answer... which of course would be wrong. It is totally wrong to mislead people :( .

I cannot comment on the age of your puppies being different to what you were told but would like to know how found out their true age? Did the Vet suggest it?

As others have said re the coat of a doodle can be very difficult to predict. Our first doodle was a first cross and more smooth coated with lots of wisps and a goaty beard but we loved him just the same.

Re the health problems you still haven't said why your dog needs a full x-ray?

It is very easy to complain and slag off someone on the internet I think the best solution is to speak or go back to see Kimberlenes yourself and tell them your concerns. All the genuine breeders out there are good dog loving people and would be very unhappy to hear about problems with their dogs and not have a chance to respond and help/sort something with the buyer.

canteron wrote: I may be wrong, but I really got a rather horrible puppy factory feel, I didn't get a feeling that there was a lot of affection towards the dogs.

I just hope that you love your pups anyway, Even though I suspect they are now in the terrible teenage stage. If your dog is less that the awesome full coated dood, they just be happy that you won't spend all your money on the groomers and maybe buy them some fabulous doggy jewellery so everyone knows they are loved. I have just been seduced by these!!

canteron As an owner of a Kimberlenes doodle (now nearly 9) Obviously it's a while since we bought our dog. If you base your opinion purely on only a phone call then we must consider all dog breeders as puppy farmers who don't love their dogs or their offsping. You must go see yourself and get a feel for the breeder and their dogs. If you don't like you don't buy.There are many people out there who have jumped on the "Doodle" bandwagon. Maybe Kimberlenes is one of them but they have been a family of dog breeders for at least two generations that I know of and I guess they may still be when all the hype is over and the money spinners have gone.
:) :) :) I do totally agree with you about loving the pups and all the great advice you have given. We too don't have to go to groomers which can be very expensive :) .
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 29 Oct 2013, 13:50

Hi, sorry you are having problems
So are you sure the male is 'just a Lab'? The more pointy nose would suggest there's poodle beak in there somewhere? :?
Re: the other dog, wavy backbone... there is someone else on here whose dog has a 'wavy back mullet' :mrgreen: Can't recall who it is now

Doodles are unpredictable looks and coat wise. My Austin looks nothing like he did 4 weeks ago, and I presume in another few months his coat will change again, and so on....
(oh, and Auz looks nothing like his parents either. They were both 7th gen Doods, Mum pure white and tight tight curled almost like a poodle, dad jet black and tight again. Austin is long and flowy apricot. Almost like a sheepdog at times! :P I know the full history though as he was from an old friend in cumbria so I know he's 8th gen)

I would really try and get hold of the breeders, they must answer you one way or another?

Jo x
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

molsp

Post by molsp » 29 Oct 2013, 14:48

I'm sorry your little pup is poorly and I do hope it's nothing serious. My doodle Lola is from Kimberlenes.

I must say I found him very professional and up front. I said I wanted a female and he showed me 2 little girls at very different prices and told us straight that he used a graded pricing structure depending on how he rated the individual pups. He also made us aware that the coat may moult or even may change as she gets older.

In fact, when I phone him and was withering on about how much I was taken with these doodles. he said to me, and I am pretty much quoting verbatim, "Let's lets get you in to see the dogs and make sure that it's not just the airbrushed ones that your in love with.'

I can't really say anything negative about the place. I found him very professional, he showed us all of the adult dogs he had there, (even the one that looked shocking because she had been pulling out her fur and had a bald patch) and without a doubt in my mind, they all loved him the same as my dogs love me.

donkeydoodlelulu

Post by donkeydoodlelulu » 29 Oct 2013, 19:05

Can't agree more about doodle coats and sizes. Lulu's mum was a lovely medium size, her mum's first litter were a lovely medium size and Lulu, well Lulu bless her, is like a shetland pony trotting round the house which was a bit unexpected.

I would echo others comments and speak to the breeder again about any health issues/concerns. Didn't they come with insurance etc from the breeder?
Alison, Lulu and Woody x

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 29 Oct 2013, 21:55

No comment or experience on Kimberlines but my f2 doodle is nothing like her parents. Dad was a big and poodley coated and mum was a hairy/ scruffy. She is wavy fleece. With doodles you can get anything and coats change so there's no guarantees.
I hope you find out what the problem is and can raise your concerns with them. I have no doubt they would welcome the chance to address your concerns.
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 31 Oct 2013, 11:55

Here's a picture of Murphy. We chose him because he was the curliest in his litter and I wanted a shaggy, long coated, non-moulting doodle - I didn't get it!! One of the things with doodles is you don't know what you're going to get until they are older.

I love him to bits and (most of the time) wouldn't change him for the world!!

Hope his health issues get sorted.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

davidstorer

Post by davidstorer » 31 Oct 2013, 13:02

to Vicento I was not aware that I had slagged anybody off as you so eloquently put it simply asking doodle lovers to be wary. as for the age of the dogs I just took the date of birth and counted the weeks to the current date not too difficult and something I thought kimberlenes could have done

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 31 Oct 2013, 19:36

Really sorry Davidstorer but my post was not meant to be offensive to you at all but just a terminology to say that it is very very easy to post comments on the internet without any come back. After all we are anonymous on here (unless we attend a doodle meet :) ). and sad to say we do get troll's on here ... :( :? :?:
I'm sure you'll agree that the post did read very negative towards the breeder. I know if I were a dog breeder I'm sure I would have been very dismayed to discover that someone was posting warning's about buying my dogs without no chance to have my say back.

:) :) :) I do hope you have taken heart by all the lovely doodle owners on here who have given advice on their dogs coats and that it has helped in someway re their type of coats. Thankfully my dog is one that does not have to be clipped which can get expensive. I just trim his fringe/chin/ears. :) You can see that he hasn't got the whole fleece/woolly type coat you would expect, it's more scruffy'ish. It varies too in the summer it's goes whiter and we have to watch his nose as its can get sunburn badly.

I'm really unsure about why your dogs age was lied about as that makes no sense at all. Have you asked Kimberlenes the reason for that? Would there have been confusion between litters?

I saw your post about your dog Archie who has been diagnosed with a chipped pelvic bone. Was he in pain before hand? I guess not easily diagnosed without an x-ray and what treatment plan is there for that? Do you have to keep him on restricted exercise? I do hope it all works out OK for him and all will be great for both your doodle's.

Doodles are such lovely dog's :) :D :) :D
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 31 Oct 2013, 20:39

Vincento wrote:Really sorry Davidstorer but my post was not meant to be offensive to you at all

I saw your post about your dog Archie who has been diagnosed with a chipped pelvic bone.
Don't be sorry! I have read this case from start to end and it is clear that the owner wanted 'perfect Doodles'
ie nice shaggy / curly doodle coats, etc, etc...
And what is all this about LOTS of health complaints??? And it turned out to be a chipped pelvic bone... 'no ones fault'. I thought it was the breeders fault!!?? :!: :roll:

And.. I will say it.. before you come on an open public forum *slagging* breeders off be VERY sure of your facts, otherwise you could end up in very very big trouble

Jo x
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 31 Oct 2013, 21:44

I imagine that when the x-rays were proposed the vet ran through a number of possible causes for the pain, which would have been very alarming and upsetting. I know from experience that when you are told there is a health problem with our dog - possibly one that is genetic, then your instinct is to look for who to blame. It isn't always someone's fault though. :|
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron