Can you help with questionnaire please?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
AnnetteP

Can you help with questionnaire please?

Post by AnnetteP » 24 Feb 2014, 12:38

Claire Klima of Cutters Canines is doing her degree in animal behaviour. She regularly home-boards Piran, and has sent me a questionnaire as part of her dissertation. But she needs a lot more responses in order for her research to be valid. So can I ask if some of you lovely doodle owners would complete the questionnaire please? And feel free to pass it on to other dog owners that you know. Claire is a great lady who has helped me so much with Piran - without her I probably would not still have him.
The link is https://www.surveymonkey.com/S/2PKYCRR

Thank you

Harvey's Mum

Re: Can you help with questionnaire please?

Post by Harvey's Mum » 24 Feb 2014, 13:51

Done - although I'm not sure a lot of my answers will be very helpful as Harvey is so little and hasn't interacted off lead apart from with his siblings as yet.

Linda

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 24 Feb 2014, 13:58

Done!
ImageImage

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 24 Feb 2014, 14:10

Done. thought I knew my stuff but no not so sure.
ImageImage

AnnetteP

Post by AnnetteP » 24 Feb 2014, 14:14

Thank you all for responding x

Bid

Post by Bid » 24 Feb 2014, 14:50

Well I've answered it, but some of it will sound odd, because it doesn't take into account people with more than one dog, so for example my dogs get all day with doggy interaction! Also there are no opportunities to give alternative replies. I filled it in for Daisy, and she responds different to dogs depending on how friendly they are, but that isn't an option. I can't really answer a lot of the questions as there isn't a suitable option.

As for the pictures - there are some which are not clear,and one where the two dogs are exhibiting different signals but you are required to give a single reply. Some where I had to say I don't know, because the signals displayed are ambiguous without context. I think the author is assuming a degree of ignorance!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Ally doodle

Post by Ally doodle » 24 Feb 2014, 18:51

Done!

jojohns

Post by jojohns » 24 Feb 2014, 23:09

Done. Would be interested to know what the results/ conclusions are of the questionnaire.

Jay128

Post by Jay128 » 24 Feb 2014, 23:24

Done, hope it's helpful. :D
ImageImage

My2Girls

Post by My2Girls » 25 Feb 2014, 18:07

Done!
I filled it in with Lucy in mind as she is quite a sociable dog. Sally on the other hand is OCD where her football is concerned and is quite anti-social :lol: :lol:
Clare, Sally & Lucy

AnnetteP

Post by AnnetteP » 25 Feb 2014, 20:44

Thanks to all of you who have completed Claire's questionnaire. I'm not sure quite what she is looking to prove/disprove, but it certainly made me realise how much I don't know!

sallysutton

Post by sallysutton » 25 Feb 2014, 23:01

Done - very interesting.
Image Image
Stanley miniature doodle

Willow Dood

Post by Willow Dood » 26 Feb 2014, 15:14

I have completed the questionnaire, but found it difficult to answer some questions as the answer I wanted wasn't there. But I did find it very interesting and would love to find out more about what makes a dog tick.

Our girl Willow is 17 months now and seems to be going through a second defiant stage - well I certainly hope it is a stage anyway! For quite a lot of the time she is very good (off the lead anyway), but at the moment, sometimes, she seems to think that our requests are optional. She is very rarely left on her own as my husband is more or less retired and is walked off lead in the countryside for about one and a half hours a day, where she interacts with any other dogs that she meets. She sometimes refuses to be caught to go back on the lead or go back in the car, but she won't stray far from us. Do you think that she could be bored? Any help would be gratefully received.
Sue and Willow xx

ImageImage

Ben

Post by Ben » 26 Feb 2014, 21:32

I've completed it too x