Tissue Fetish!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
elmo75

Tissue Fetish!

Post by elmo75 » 03 Mar 2014, 10:53

How many pieces can one tissue be ripped in to?? Does anyone else's Doodle have an obsession with tissues? Made worse by the fact that I have a streaming cold at the moment; Bronte's fascination with tissues and the ensuing mess is at an all time high. She steals them out the bin, sneakily pulls them out of pockets and is generally always on the look out for her next Kleenex fix! Funny at points, especially when attempted retrieval results in a Benny Hill style chase but also pretty wearing having to pick up endless 'bits' all the time!
Got to love her!

Ellie xxx
ImageImage

travis

Re: Tissue Fetish!

Post by travis » 03 Mar 2014, 11:17

We have another tissue addict.
Bad enough around the house but she makes a beeline for any she can spot when out walking.
Thankfully she does drop them when told ................most of the time. :roll:
Her other favourite 'find' on the streets is those white, rolled paper lollypop sticks. Paper and sugar mmmmmm :evil:
In fact most things that are white. Swan feathers are a special treat!

Useful information for anyone heading across the channel by car.Driving to Portugal Our Way
Mechanical Rodeo Bull Hire For private parties & fun days.

Jay888

Post by Jay888 » 03 Mar 2014, 11:30

Hi I also have a tissue loving doodle and having to pick up pieces everywhere. I also know when he has found some by the speed he runs away.

mike&sar

Post by mike&sar » 03 Mar 2014, 12:54

Yep our Willow is the same! Mike had a streaming cold last week and she went into our bin to fetch a tissue out, yuck :mrgreen:

She also thinks she's the andrex puppy dog and pulls toilet roll across the bathroom floor :lol:

Sarah

EstelleB

Post by EstelleB » 03 Mar 2014, 15:15

Yep, maybe its a doodle thing.

My son was off school with a cold last week, and I frequently heard him shouting 'no Tia, tissues are not food'!

She loves them, tissues, kitchen roll, toilet paper, all fair game I'm afraid. We also have the issue of her picking them up on walks, when you have no idea whats been on them! They can be disgusting creatures!
ImageImage

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 03 Mar 2014, 15:51

Murphy also nicks them and eats them - gross!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Henry_Doodles_Staff

Post by Henry_Doodles_Staff » 03 Mar 2014, 17:22

Yep Henry is a tissue thief aswell.

He has got quite crafty, he'll come up and rest his head on your lap under the guise of wanting to be stroked when really he's scoping out the tissue in your pocket.

Then like lightning he's nicked it and dived under the dining table to shred it into tiny pieces... :roll:
[/img]Image[/IMG]

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 03 Mar 2014, 17:24

Rig is also a tissue snafferler! Nom nom! :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 03 Mar 2014, 18:54

Oh, I never have any problems with shredded tissues *she says airily* cos the little blighter eats the lot!!! :twisted:
Anne & Ianto x

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 03 Mar 2014, 23:36

I have one really bad tissue thief and one who doesn't quite get it. Florence will steal a tissue as she knows Fozzie loves them, but unless he is there she looks a bit confused as to what to do with it.

I have come to the conclusion that dogs just like boogers :shock: . Fozzie is the one who loves eye boogers, he'll happily let you sort out his eyes as he's allowed to eat the proceeds :mrgreen: but Florence is must less interested. Our used tissues must smell the same - sorry :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My two show absolutely no interest in unused tissues.

Must go and lie down now, I feel quite queasy :lol:

My2Girls

Post by My2Girls » 04 Mar 2014, 14:34

Yes Sally too is a thief! Our bathroom is downstairs and she'll go in and take the wet wipes out of the bin. But she will then come into the living room with it dangling out of her mouth for me to see! Bless, sometimes she's not very bright :lol: :lol:
Clare, Sally & Lucy

linny

Post by linny » 04 Mar 2014, 17:54

Yes ....a tissue thief here too ....Jethro aided and abetted by Eli .
Jethros reaches the Loo roll and they both run aound the house as if on a paper chase...... :roll: .....it used to be comical but I must say that I now wish that they wouldn't :x

sallysutton

Post by sallysutton » 04 Mar 2014, 19:15

Yep, Stanley too!
Image Image
Stanley miniature doodle

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 04 Mar 2014, 19:19

A reformed tissue nicker here :lol: :roll: It took the best part of 3 years of constant "NO NO NOooooo VINCE" screams to stop him but he does have the occasional relapse on walks sometimes you just have to be 2 seconds ahead to give him the "NO" message and he looks really guilty at you and thankfully walks on.........good luck with the training :)
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

lamby

Post by lamby » 05 Mar 2014, 22:24

Clemmie loves a tissue too, and runs away at rapid speed if caught with one - not as fast as he runs when he's got my son's dirty pants and socks though!!!! :lol: