Doggy smell

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Sharon-Tilly

Doggy smell

Post by Sharon-Tilly » 11 Apr 2014, 19:43

Is it just me who loves the smell of my doodle?

It's similar yo that new baby smell. Lol
ImageImage

swardie

Re: Doggy smell

Post by swardie » 11 Apr 2014, 19:51

Hahaha, I love the smell of my Dood even when he's less than fresh- cos I love , live, live my Dexter Dood. X

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 11 Apr 2014, 19:55

swardie wrote:Hahaha, I love the smell of my Dood even when he's less than fresh- cos I love , live, live my Dexter Dood. X
I'm with you there swardie. We were in the pub earlier this evening and there's Paddy sitting as good as gold by us watching the comings and goings and suddenly everyone goes rigid, nostrils start twitching, glances our way and yes, Padster has given the most enormous stinking fart - to me it was as sweet as roses. Well, almost :)
ImageImage

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 11 Apr 2014, 20:15

Rigby has a smell that is all his own, and I love it because its him if you know what I mean! I got in the car the other day, without him, and thought ooo it smells doggy in here and smiled! :D

He does nearly choke us with his trumps sometimes tho! :mrgreen: :lol:
ImageImage

swardie

Post by swardie » 11 Apr 2014, 20:55

Just burst out laughing reading this, and Dex woke up, and jumped up all over me- no trump smells, tho'!! :lol:

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 11 Apr 2014, 22:44

It really depends on what Ianto's been doing... wading in the local pond, running in the mud at Pugneys Country Park, swimming at hydrotherapy, or rolling in fox-pooh... no so much! :roll:
But his ordinary doggy, doodley smell - yes! It's lovely.... :lol:
Sadly he doesn't seem to pass wind, so no-one to blame there... :oops:
Anne & Ianto x

MandyG

Post by MandyG » 12 Apr 2014, 00:39

I love Phoebe's smell. Especially when she's on her back, legs in the air doing the typical doodle relax. I can't resist her belly and have to kiss it. It smells wonderful. (I know, sounds kind of kinky, but it's no different than kissing a baby's tummy.) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

elmo75

Post by elmo75 » 12 Apr 2014, 12:08

Under normal circumstances, I love Bronte's smell. Makes me remember collecting her when she was tiny xx Yesterday, however, it was a different story!! We had our first major fox poo incident!! She rolled and rolled and rolled some more in it! I've never smelt anything so disgusting in all my life!!! She was straight in the bath when we got home. (What makes foxes poo smell that awful?) ;-)
ImageImage

stout

Post by stout » 12 Apr 2014, 13:44

Stout often smells of mud, but when he is clean, yes he smells lovely :D . He has just been to the groomers so is currently all velvety, fluffy and 'girlie' smelling :D
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 12 Apr 2014, 13:51

elmo75 wrote:(What makes foxes poo smell that awful?)
That would be the fox... :roll:
Do you know about using tomato ketchup for cleaning it off and getting rid of the smell? (Makes your dog a little pink, though...)
Anne & Ianto x