Another doodle insult! :/

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Nicky

Another doodle insult! :/

Post by Nicky » 20 Apr 2014, 14:34

I'm so angry right now. I have just had to delete a group off fb as they were again posting about labradoodles that they are just a mongrel and how much they cost etc etc. I couldn't help myself I went into one especially since Dexter is ill :(

Well one woman put basically that they brought with them a host of health problems and the rescues will be full of them soon! What a load of rubbish I had to delete the group as I would have said something I'd regret.

Rescues are full of dogs of all types because of people not taking the responsibility of dog ownership seriously not because of a crossbreed grrr

Ally doodle

Re: Another doodle insult! :/

Post by Ally doodle » 20 Apr 2014, 15:14

Here here Nicky! Do these people not realise that many pure bred dogs have health problems to! Many dogs in rehoming centres are there because of owners who couldn't look after them or indeed be bothered looking after them! At least when you got dexter you knew what you were taking on and have done the best you can for him :D don't listen to these narrow minded people who read newspaper articles about doodles and think they are all raving lunatics :D

linny

Post by linny » 20 Apr 2014, 16:41

Take no notice of small minded people who know nothing about Doods. :roll:
We who are lucky enough to be owned by one (or two or three or more) Know the truth..... they don't know what fun , loyalty and companionship they are missing. out on......ignore

Nicky

Post by Nicky » 20 Apr 2014, 17:01

Yes your right, it popped up on my news feed and I just can't help saying something lol I'm like Lynette out of Desperate Housewives!lol. Alot of these people do read articles and know nothing about canine evolution or the bigger picture but still like to judge and stick their hypocritical opinions for all to see.

Their loss! :)x

scooby Dood

Post by scooby Dood » 20 Apr 2014, 17:21

Take no notice if you can. It is their loss that they d not have the pleasure of owning a Dood. Lots of dogs go,into care because folk cannot look after them no matter what breed they are.
Scooby Dood, Andrea & Kerry

Bid

Post by Bid » 20 Apr 2014, 18:00

There seems to be a spate of doodle bashing at the moment :evil: People usually turn to abuse when they feel threatened, and I think that as the crossbreeds are getting more and more popular, then the owners of pedigrees are seeing their fav breeds dropping in popularity and breeders are getting concerned. The critics also don't want to know about all the breeders doing things properly, but assume that all crossbreeds come from puppy farms! I usually point out that since my eldest doodle is almost 8 it's high time they stopped calling them a fad or a trend, and got over it, because it looks like doodles are here to stay!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

swardie

Post by swardie » 20 Apr 2014, 18:34

Here here to all the sensible comments on here. Ignore the FB comments, Nicky. it's too easy to say what you like on social media, and they probably
Wouldn't dare say it to your face. We are the very fortunate ones to have Doods in our lives- xx

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 20 Apr 2014, 20:01

today we actually had the reverse

On our doodle walk there was two standards doods and my little Lulu and the park keeper was talking to us and saying how lovely they were and has absolutely fabulous labradoodles are.

I look at my Lulu and don't a labardoodle but a pet - I think it is so well known that our doods have great natures and that pedigrees sometimes don't have such nice natures that there is a lot of jealousy around. We are above all that - us doodle owners
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 20 Apr 2014, 20:28

Yesterday after our walk at Studland we found a pub on the way home and stopped for a late lunch - in fact we stopped at two but that's a long story and it doesn't involve beer!

At both pubs, people came up to talk to us. At the first a young chap (in his 30's but he was young to me) came up with his little one, asked to stroke the dogs and chatted about allergies as they were looking for a dog and his wife has allergies. Other people were just looking and smiling.

At the second pub, the waitresses all came over and had a cuddle, several children had a stroke - some asked, some didn't and then two ladies came past. Mother and daughter who had gone for a walk and got lost - miles out of their way but very happy!! No idea how they got home again :shock: - the mum must have been in her 70s!! They adored our two and lavished praise on them. They stopped to chat for a good 15 minutes, all the time making a fuss of the doods.

I think I just have selective hearing. If so done says nice things about my dogs, my ears prick up. If they say anything I don't like I must just ignore it so that they have wasted their breath. Either way, I walk away in my own little happy cloud, clueless about what I leave behind :lol: :lol:

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 21 Apr 2014, 00:53

Let it go, Nicky. Why should some mean-spirited bigot spoil your day? You know what wonderful dogs doodles are - and so do we :D It's all that matters.

For the few stupid people we meet with narrow-minded attitudes we meet hundreds of others who love our dood, who want to stroke him, and who ask what he is. Most say, "Oh, that's what a doodle looks like!" (I have to put them right on that one... :roll: ) It's lovely to know that he's helped to brighten their day.

Love to you and Dexter -
Anne & Ianto x

willow&kobi

Post by willow&kobi » 21 Apr 2014, 01:15

There are a lot of breeds i wouldn't like to have as a pet, but that doesn't mean i would slate any of them, each to their own is what i say, i've had many different breeds ,Samoyeds,Cockerpoo's Tibetan Terriers and now a Labradoodle..love them all, i must admit i do go for the more cuties and fluffy dogs, but thats my own preference, a pet is a pet no matter what you want to pay for it. Take no notice, we are doodle lovers no matter what anyone negative has to say about them :D

Oscar2011

Post by Oscar2011 » 21 Apr 2014, 15:50

Hi,

reading this post prompted me to do a quick search of local dog rescue's. Expecting to see them full to overflowing with Doodles, I was hapily surprised that there were none :) . So thats got to be a good thing hasn't it. The population in the rehomes around here is made up mainly of Staffys,Siberian huskys,greyhounds,Jack Russells & Lurchers ect. I know alot on here is made about rehoming of Doodles, but can the situation be anywhere near as bad as with other breeds.It really is annoying when people berate our doods when there seems to be far more pedegree/purebread dogs given up for rehoming at present.

Oscar & hoomans.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Crazy flying dog,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5aKvfznuQ

Life of a Labradoodle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFkOb39sv4

Benben

Post by Benben » 21 Apr 2014, 17:31

It's mainly because they read the Daily Mail. I wouldn't worry about it. They don't have the first idea.

(Locally the dogs in the rehoming centres are mostly variations on Staffies and staffy type crosses)
Ursa: born 28.10.13

ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 21 Apr 2014, 19:41

benben,
Daily Mail readers... oxymoron alert!! :lol:
Sadly our local pounds are over-flowing with beautiful, beautiful Staffies and Staffie-crosses (OH said 'No' or I'd've had one...) plus Huskies, Rotties and JRs - all due to be euthanised after seven days. Brindle Staffies haven't got a cat in Hell's chance, poor little souls...
Anne & Ianto x

molsp

Post by molsp » 21 Apr 2014, 20:14

I have had it a couple of times too, and it does get your dander up (makes me go all maternal )

I thinks its best to think of them in the same way as a driving examiner:

i.e Imagine them naked, standing on one leg, with one finger stuck in their ear, one finger stuck up their nose, and a lollipop stuck in their great big gobs. Then imagine them trying to drool through that lolly about how precious their little Carmine is because he is a pedigree whatnot, who came from a long line of champion pedigree whatnots.