Dog allowed in bed?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Rachelhodgkins

Dog allowed in bed?

Post by Rachelhodgkins » 20 Aug 2014, 22:53

In fact it is my husband who wouldn't mind this. What is everyone else's view on this

Mollysmom

Re: Dog allowed in bed?

Post by Mollysmom » 20 Aug 2014, 23:20

My Chihuahuas sleep in my bed every night I would probably let Molly too except her and Charlie chihuahua seem to. Get each other wound up and before you know it I have a Labor doodle and a chihuahua playing chase on me and my bed so Molly has her own room with her own real bed. She's very spoilt. :)

michelle81

Post by michelle81 » 20 Aug 2014, 23:33

One of my Lhasas sleeps in our bed. Monty is a bit too big to fit but we all have cuddles in the morning before we get up.

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 21 Aug 2014, 00:00

Sorry, one word - 'Eeyeuw!'

Anne & Ianto x
Also, 'Why??'

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 Aug 2014, 00:10

No - not here, because the cat is there! :wink:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Masil

Post by Masil » 21 Aug 2014, 06:36

Coco doesn't sleep on the bed unless my daughter sneaks her into her room without us knowing. She is too much of a fidget :D

Cate

Post by Cate » 21 Aug 2014, 07:40

If I let mine sleep on the bed, I would be on the floor.
It can also exasperate separation anxiety, that your dog is with you 24/7.

Sharan

Post by Sharan » 21 Aug 2014, 07:48

Rudy sleeps in our room but on his own bed on the floor - he loves his bed.
However if we are having a lie in and it's getting late he will just sit by the bed waiting to be asked up for a cuddle. He is extra cuddly in the mornings :D
ImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 Aug 2014, 08:20

www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 21 Aug 2014, 08:34

Oh Bid, I had forgotten all about that one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When my two got to about a year (maybe a little earlier, I can't remember now), we let them come upstairs at night. Their routines change every now and then but normally it goes like this.

Once the lights are going out, Florence dashes upstairs to get on the bed first. If Peter gets up their first, she lies on my side (as a person would with her head on my pillow), if I get up there first, she lies on Peter's side. Fozzie comes up with the straggler and we then shush them around until we can both get in.

Then Hamish the cat comes in and gets between me and Peter, if it's cold he has been known to go under the covers - I put my foot down to that one and turf him out!!!

Florence has now moved to the end of the bed, lying stretched out so that I can tickle with my toes.
Fozzie has a little cuddle but is wary of getting close to the cat (he knows who is boss and the boss has claws!!). Within 5 minutes, Fozzie is off the bed and he generally sleeps leaning against the wall, next to the bed (I think it's cool there).

It does get a little crowded but we like it and everyone is happy. We do have a super kingsize bed though, and I don't think we would get any sleep with anything smaller.

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 21 Aug 2014, 09:03

Part of me would like too, but I know I wouldn't sleep well, and I neeeeed my sleep. Also I couldn't trust him not to get up to naughties, eating pillows etc if he woke in the night! :roll:
ImageImage

stout

Post by stout » 21 Aug 2014, 10:35

Stout sleeps in our room - after 'parrotgate' we decided it wasn't fair on the feathery ones to have their little brother sleeping in the living room with them. There are two shut doors between him and them now at night, he has the run of rest our new house, but is in the habit of coming up!

I go to bed first, followed a bit later by Stout, he gets onto the bed at Chris' foot end, when Chris comes up later, he gets off the bed and sleeps under the bed mainly, but sometimes by the side of the bed. He does get on the bed for a cuddle when the alarm goes off, and snuggles in between the two of us, I then get up first leaving him and dad having nice cuddles :roll:. Occasionally he manages to sneak onto the bed at night (not sure how 30kg of doodle manages that :shock: ) and sleeps at the foot end, head on one set of feet, bum against the other :roll:

If we forget to shut the spare room door he spreads out on the spare double bed :lol:
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

ruth1981

Post by ruth1981 » 21 Aug 2014, 12:33

Our girls don't sleep in our bed but they always come up for a cuddle last thing, before being shooed downstairs. This does mean I frequently find slobbery tennis balls under the pillow though, which is a bit gross :shock: I also received a retrieved slipper to the face last night so it can be hazardous...

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 21 Aug 2014, 14:51

Murph isn't really allowed upstairs, but every night he 'sneaks' upstairs and sleeps outside our bedroom. Hubby won't allow him in our room at night :cry:

My main worry about him sleeping upstairs is that he might have a seizure at the top of the stairs and fall down them and really hurt himself.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

campfaz18

Post by campfaz18 » 21 Aug 2014, 16:49

We are with Ianto's mum- although also with Bid as the cat is allowed! She is an indoor cat though -does that make a difference????

Jacob is somewhat like the character in Peanuts called Pigpen. Wherever he has been there is ditritous (sp) so thinking about the bed -no! yuck and double yuck!

Also the cat takes up enough room so a 26 KG dood is a definite no.

I do understand why people like a cuddle with their dood though and he is allowed on a sofa in the lounge so I guess that all puts us in the category of hypocrites :lol:
Nat, Lynne and the boy Jacob