Lucy update.

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
mizmaz

Lucy update.

Post by mizmaz » 14 Oct 2014, 22:50

Hello all! Hope you and your lovely doods and doodettes are well.

So, tomorrow is Lucy's last chemo. It doesn't seem that long since her diagnosis and the fear we felt.
She has been a star and taken it all in her stride. No side effects to note except for weight gain but that will hopefully correct itself now the steroids have finished.
There won't be any tests after her treatment. We just keep a close eye on her and check her regularly. She still loves our vet even though they pump her full of nasty stuff and goes crazy when we arrive. It seems that after the 4th visit they clicked that making a fuss of her (that's ALL the staff!) she would have her treatment like a good girl, not the mad doodette way!!

She has won the hearts of all our family and friends and we cant imagine life without her. She really was the best valentines present ever. How is it that a dog can have such a profound effect on people?

How do I know that we love her?
-we can't wait to get home to her :D
-we sneak her treats when we think nobody notices :lol:
-we dont care that we are covered in hair and dribble
-we spend silly money on silly toys that last minutes to keep her happy
-we argue about who gets cuddles first :D
AND THE BIGGEST ONE FOR ME..??
--she is allowed on the sofa even though I vowed she wouldn't!! :wink:
(Actually there are lots more but I can't list them all!)

How do I know she loves us??
- I don't because she cant tell me..but I hope she does because we will never let her go now. She is staying here to be spoilt and looked after.
-unless staying close by us at all times counts especially to give us sneaky kisses :wink:

We love Lucy!!!

Xx

Masil

Re: Lucy update.

Post by Masil » 14 Oct 2014, 23:09

Such a lovely post. It shines through how much you love Lucy. I'm so glad that she is doing well. Sending hugs xx

swardie

Post by swardie » 15 Oct 2014, 07:47

Lucy is a star, who is fortunate to live with such a lovely family. Wishing her well. X

poppygreen

Post by poppygreen » 15 Oct 2014, 08:23

Well done Lucy! Oscar Green is a few months ahead of you and making up for lost time really enjoying life to the full. I don't know if it makes them even MORE precious, but I still get teary when I look at him and think how poorly he has been and how fit he is now. They put up with so much without understanding why, so trusting that we will do the right thing for them. Wishing you many years of Doodle Dashing.

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 15 Oct 2014, 08:45

feeling the love and Lucy and you obviously deserve it
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

scooby Dood

Post by scooby Dood » 15 Oct 2014, 10:07

Good for Lucy and you. Well on the way to recovery now!
Scooby Dood, Andrea & Kerry

Willow Dood

Post by Willow Dood » 15 Oct 2014, 13:06

So happy that things are going well for you and Lucy. She is one lucky girl to have found such a wonderful family.
Sue and Willow xx

ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 15 Oct 2014, 17:11

Naughty lady! You just made me cry!! :roll:

Anne & Ianto xxx

mizmaz

Post by mizmaz » 15 Oct 2014, 18:51

Yippee!
It's done! Lucy has completed her treatment :D
We just have to keep a close eye on her. Regular checks, which should be easy enough as we groom her so often to relieve her itching. Any changes in her behaviour and straight to vet.

Thankyou all for your lovely messages and sorry to make you cry Anne! Its all true though. When I look back and remember my vow to never have another dog after loosing our boxer. I think we were destined to meet Lucy! Just a fleeting comment to a friend and hey presto we had a new family member.

I will get my children to work out the photo process and get a PIC on asap. I have tried but I'm hopeless with tech stuff.
Xx

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 15 Oct 2014, 21:23

Aww what a truly lovely post and I'm so pleased for Lucy and you that all has gone well.

Lucy... you go girl!! :D :D :D :D
ImageImage

ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 15 Oct 2014, 21:42

I wasn't complaining, Mandie :D What a lovely post about your beautiful Lucydoodle....
I'm wishing her well with all my heart.....
Love and hugs to all the family,
Anne & Ianto xx