Harley

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Sarahdol75

Harley

Post by Sarahdol75 » 02 Apr 2015, 18:46

Does anyone elses Labradoodle, just sit out in the garden, for ages, just watching the birds.

Harley will sit on the trampoline quite happy for up to an hour, just watching all the birds in the trees, up on the rooftops, he looks like he is thinking "how can I get to them" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have 2 lovebirds, and he has never tried to jump up at the cage or even bother with them when they are sqwarking, but he is happy watching birds outside.

Its cute really.
ImageImage

stout

Re: Harley

Post by stout » 02 Apr 2015, 19:08

Stout stands on the patio for ages surveying his garden. He watches the birds through the patio doors, we have a colony of sparrows directly outside the kitchen doors. He chases pigeons, but not anything smaller. We have a parrot and two parakeets. He ignores them, especially the parrot after getting his nose nipped when he was a pup. His favourite end of the sofa is about a foot away from the keets, they don't seem bothered by each other. He is a nosey dog and enjoys doing his neighbourhood watch bit in general :roll:
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

swardie

Post by swardie » 02 Apr 2015, 19:53

Dex is also a very nosy boy, who loves to patrol the back fence checking everything out. We back onto severAl fields, and a right of way, so there's always something to grab his attention. Today he was making sure that the tractor driver was using the correct technique in turning over the soil-LOL!

eileenandmolly

Post by eileenandmolly » 02 Apr 2015, 20:42

Yes, Molly loves to sit in the garden for ages, just watching the world go by! Saffie doesn't get it :roll:
Ei, Molly and Saffie

Molmil

Post by Molmil » 02 Apr 2015, 21:37

Molly likes to sit on the bench. Even better if a cat or person will sit with her. Rosa is not the sitting type!

Lesly, Molly andRosa

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 02 Apr 2015, 21:39

Birds are the only thing Dooley doodle barks at! :roll:
ImageImage

ImageImage

kathiedoodle

Post by kathiedoodle » 03 Apr 2015, 04:36

I have never known such a nosy dog as Holly, it can be embarrassing, :oops: if there's a busker in the street, she will not move past them and stares them out with her head quizzically moving from side to side as if trying to understand what the heck the noise is? Her favourites are classical violins and trumpet players, I've had a trumpet player actually stop playing because he could not blow anymore for laughing. Motor bikes, mopeds get her full attention she will even sit to watch them disappear down the road, a man in full biker gear obviously felt the burning stare of Holly as she refused to move another inch till he had finished packing his pannier and removed himself from the area, not before he felt intimidated enough to remark on her fixed stare from across the road. No one fears the white fluff ball of a teddy bear but the STARE :shock: is not to be avoided. Once she has dealt with the noisy and the irritating she struts her stuff down the road! :wink:
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 03 Apr 2015, 12:41

He's probably trying to work out how to combine the trampoline with those big doodley ears, Sarah.... If you see him talking to a mouse and holding a feather, get him indoors PDQ!! :lol:

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

MandyG

Post by MandyG » 04 Apr 2015, 10:32

Maybe nosiness is a doodle trait? Phoebe is the nosiest dog I've ever met. On walks, she has to investigate everything. When walking on the pavement, she will go up on her back legs to peer over people's garden walls! Any parked van with the doors open, she's in there. Workmen and builders don't stand a chance. I think it's a sign of intelligence and we all know how smart of doodles are :D

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

swardie

Post by swardie » 04 Apr 2015, 14:20

I totally agree, Mandy, that's it's their intelligence that makes them nosy.
Mind you, Dex had his whole head in a Jiffy bag yesterday when my OH was opening it- that's not too smart is it ?? ( and there wasn't even anything food like or dog related in it ) !

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 04 Apr 2015, 21:54

MandyG wrote: When walking on the pavement, she will go up on her back legs to peer over people's garden walls! Any parked van with the doors open, she's in there.
Too true, Mandy! Any wall has to be investigated! And vans, cars, anything with its doors open - fair game... :roll:
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x