Indelicate Question

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Coco and Annie

Indelicate Question

Post by Coco and Annie » 30 Apr 2015, 11:17

Hello everyone

I have two doods, as some of you may know - Coco an F1 mini who is 15 months and Yoshi, an Aussie mini who is 4.5 months.

Coco has always been very clean after doing a pee - she comes in and licks herself clean, whereas Yoshi, seems to be happy to drip dry. Unfortunately this means he smells a little of stale dry pee and also his bedding smells too, where he has lain on it.

Is this just a puppy thing which he'll grow out of or can I do something to encourage him to clean himself?

Many thanks

Annie, Coco and Yoshi.
X

dexysback

Re: Indelicate Question

Post by dexysback » 30 Apr 2015, 13:29

Never had girl dog ,but could it be that girl dogs clean themselves more then male dogs ,I know my female cats used to always clean there bits. I have found that dexter cleans he's bum when he's glands leak but not where he wees from.
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 30 Apr 2015, 17:07

Hi Annie,
I've found that Ianto is perfectly happy to drip on anything and everything, including his own leg if (as he usually does!) he sets off again before he's quite finished.... :roll: And Baby Wyre used to be very fastidious, washing his little winkle after wee-wees, but now is content to use my fleece :shock: if I'm not on the ball!!
(Iant does check out the tackle - what remains of it! - every so often, though... leaving some interesting matts behind for me to try and untangle... :? )
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Bid

Post by Bid » 30 Apr 2015, 23:57

I think it is a boy thing, because I was watching Daisy have a wee this morning and thought to myself how unpleasant it must be having her "shallot" in the dew while she peed! (Those with cream doodles will understand the vegetable reference! :wink: :lol: )
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

swardie

Post by swardie » 01 May 2015, 13:38

My boy wees like a girl, and cleans himself afterwards- paw in both camps!! :lol:

kathiedoodle

Post by kathiedoodle » 02 May 2015, 06:49

Yes Bid, cream all over with ginger !!! Privates? I do actually trim the area as it does keep the long hair cleaner otherwise I'd have to plait it :D Holly at home will come in and wash herself after a wee although personal hygiene is not top of her list of things to do. I have had the unpleasant task of having to gently pull undigested lengths of felled bamboo out of her rear end as it creates a string of beaded poo. Delightful subject. You have to love them don't you.
Kathie
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 04 May 2015, 23:09

kathiedoodle wrote:You have to love them don't you.
Blimey! Is that in the contract?? :wink:
Ianto produced 'choo-choo' poohs - each carriage joined to the next by colourful yarn - for a while after nicking and consuming one of my walking socks... :shock:
He hates having his b*m touched, but now will either lie down with his little back leggy up in the air, or dive between my legs with just his bottom showing to signal that there is 'a problem in the pooh department...' :? I have been known to 'release' the odd blob that's been held up by injudicious consumption of a tissue, but having read that you can cause damage to their botty bits by pulling pooh free, I also carry a small pair of round-ended scissors in my Mary Poppins-style rucksack... :roll: (We like to keep the neighbours entertained! :roll: )
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

kathiedoodle

Post by kathiedoodle » 06 May 2015, 18:15

Yes Anne I always extract the bamboo slowly. It's a wonderful thing Bamboo you can build houses with it, shoot a poison dart through it, play it like a musical instrument and use it like Holly as a constant source of amusement. There's nothing like being able to fell a 12 foot black stem bamboo drag it up to the kitchen complete with branches and leaves, strip said leaves off and sit among the debris with perfectly descaled white teeth. I on the other hand cannot even pull the bamboo out of the ground, so Holly has her uses. Thought about hiring her out as a jungle clearance expert :wink:
ImageImage

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 06 May 2015, 23:27

kathiedoodle wrote:Yes Anne I always extract the bamboo slowly. It's a wonderful thing Bamboo you can build houses with it, shoot a poison dart through it, play it like a musical instrument and use it like Holly as a constant source of amusement. There's nothing like being able to fell a 12 foot black stem bamboo drag it up to the kitchen complete with branches and leaves, strip said leaves off and sit among the debris with perfectly descaled white teeth. I on the other hand cannot even pull the bamboo out of the ground, so Holly has her uses. Thought about hiring her out as a jungle clearance expert :wink:
:D
So darn true!