A what?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
jackieholmes19

A what?

Post by jackieholmes19 » 30 May 2015, 23:40

Bella and I walked the Race for Life today, with my 2 nieces, a pug, a schnauzer and a Bassett hound. As we were walking around , a group of ladies were commenting very nicely on the dogs, saying how lovely they were :D Then one lady said "I like the poodle". Poodle?!? ! :shock: I've never seen a poodle with a beard and a moustache :lol:
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

Bid

Re: A what?

Post by Bid » 31 May 2015, 00:31

Google "unclipped poodle" and you will see loads!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 31 May 2015, 00:31

Ah, but bless her, she did say she liked her! And she was only half wrong... :lol:
I was at the playing field training my new dood the other day and the nasty gun-dog man who was so rude about Ianto - 'Labradoodles! They shouldn't be allowed!!' - obviously didn't recognise me without my horrible 'crossbreed'. He walked past with his purebred dingo and said to it, 'What a nice doggy!' If only he knew... this one's even got a little bit of Spaniel in the mix! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 31 May 2015, 08:37

well done Jackie and Bella on Race for Life and well done Bella for fooling the foolish lady

Why can't people keep their opinions on other peoples dogs to themselves.

I must admit I have always been lucky - all I have ever had is disbelieve she is a labradoodle!
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

jackieholmes19

Post by jackieholmes19 » 31 May 2015, 09:08

I see what you mean Bid. To be fair, they look just like Bella! Maybe she's not really a doodle after all :lol: I'd still love her whatever she is :D
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

Bid

Post by Bid » 31 May 2015, 12:49

If I'd not met Poppy's mother and grandmother I would have sworn she was a poodle too - I see no lab in either her looks or her behaviour!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 31 May 2015, 17:10

Bella is very curly Jackie :D :D . I've always thought that if I cut my two, especially Fozzie, as Poodles, they would be mistaken for poodles.

At Paws in the Park the other weekend, I saw more Doodles than anything else - we are taking over the world :D

swardie

Post by swardie » 01 Jun 2015, 15:33

Well done, Jackie and Bella! I too have a Dood who is almost pure Poodle. The almost recognises his Lab appetite!! :lol: