Australian labradoodle breeders

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Cupcake

Australian labradoodle breeders

Post by Cupcake » 29 Jun 2015, 19:36

Hi we are looking to get another Australian labradoodle, we have Bentley who is 17 months & want a platy mate for him, we are looking to get one around September time, a male, wavy fleece, red or brown in colour & minature, if anyone can recommend any breeders we do not mind how far we travel.
Many thanks in advance for any replies
Tracy & Bentley

Ianto!

Re: Australian labradoodle breeders

Post by Ianto! » 29 Jun 2015, 19:41

Hi Tracy,
I know it's a long stretch for you, but I can't praise Lomondhills Labradoodles highly enough... We got our second dood from Brenda and Grahame in February; he's a mini Aussie dood and is an absolute treasure. He has the best nature and is so quick to learn, he's everything we could have wished for.. (and I'm not on commission! :wink: )
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 29 Jun 2015, 22:18

Hi Tracey

There are three great Aussie doodle breeders in Scotland - Lomondhills (as Anne mentioned), Tora (where my Yoshi is from) and Burnbrae. I don't think you could go wrong with any of these.

I live in Scotland, so am only familiar with breeders North of the border. I have pasted a photo of Yoshi below, who is now 6 months old.

Good luck with your search and keep us updated.

Annie, Coco and Yoshi. X

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 30 Jun 2015, 08:05

hi again

Just looked at the Tora's website and they potentially have some large mini/ small medium chocolate fleece puppies planned for early September. Look at Chewy and Kiki under planned litters page

Small medium will be about 17" to the shoulder. Chewy is Yoshi's dad and he is absolutely gorgeous!!! Chewy is 16" high and my Yoshi will be about the same.

Annie x

Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » 30 Jun 2015, 09:04

Thank you for all you're replies, will let you know what we decide

Tracy x

Rob-T

Post by Rob-T » 10 Jul 2015, 11:09

Hi,
Although we live in Scotland we got ours from Courtlands in South Wales, a long 700 mile round trip but worth it. Only reason at the time for choosing a breeder so far away was the timing of the puppy being ready to come away with us but certainly would recommend Courtlands.

Would also add that a neighbour of ours, their daughter has a young doodle from Lomondhills which they are very pleased with. I've met the dog several times and he does seem a lovely dog in looks and temperament

Rob

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 10 Jul 2015, 15:29

Lola came from Courtlands.
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

Rob-T

Post by Rob-T » 22 Jul 2015, 17:50

Liz!! wrote:Lola came from Courtlands.
Hi Liz, does that mean we're related? :lol:

Who were her parents as she looks quite similar to our Bailey ( once I figure out how to post a photo I'll let you see)
She is a medium, with a wavy fleecy coat, the same colour as Lola. Her parents were Jojo and Horatio.

Rob

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 26 Jul 2015, 23:28

Oh, I so wish, Rob - I haven't found anyone at all who is related to Lola. I know her sister, who was a bit darker/redder went to Ireland and that is that.

Lola is 5 years old, born on December 21st 2009, and is only 14 inches high. She is gorgeous.

So - not related, except born in the same environs!
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

Maisy12

Post by Maisy12 » 27 Jul 2015, 22:05

I'd recommend Raisdoodles in Hereford, our Maisy is from there and she's gorgeous and we love her!
http://www.rais-labradoodles.com/
ImageImage
Claire & Maisy