Sleeping doodles

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Sarahdol75

Sleeping doodles

Post by Sarahdol75 » 31 Jul 2015, 14:19

Does everyone elses doodle, sleep a lot during the day.

Harley sleeps well at night, never gets us up, he goes to bed around 11pm, and we wake at 7am, sometimes, he doesnt even bother moving for another half hour or so.

He has a good run around in the field, for an hour or so, then spends the rest of the day sleeping, until OH gets home then he runs and gets his ball or toy to play with him. He wont play with me, im obviously not entertaining enough :lol: :lol: Im just the one who feeds him, walks him, picks his poo up :lol: :lol:

We then go for a walk in the late afternoon/evening for another good run/walk.
ImageImage

Doodle Dee

Re: Sleeping doodles

Post by Doodle Dee » 31 Jul 2015, 15:43

yep - unless I get up and get dressed Lulu doesn't bother getting up. She will sometimes put herself to bed and then come down for a play, cuddle and then go back. I often wonder what makes her decision to come down!.

Very active when she is active, very sleepy when she is in active. I have just come home from work, she has been on her own for a couple of hours, she went beserk, I went on the computer, she has disappeared upstairs. There she will stay until she sees me get changed and she will know she is off for a walk.
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

marymuffin

Post by marymuffin » 31 Jul 2015, 22:44

Dexter catnaps in the day, 15 mins here and there, but likes to go to bed around 8pm, getting up around 8am! If he has had a really busy day, he will go to bed at 7 pm and get up anything up to 9 am. H and D

stout

Post by stout » 31 Jul 2015, 22:59

Stout's normal weekday routine is get up a 8, have breakfast, lounge on sofa or go back to bed, go to the park at 9 for an hour, then off to work for a hard day sleeping under the desk. Wake up just before 6 prod dads elbow to go home. Get home run around a bit, have dinner, play/ demand fuss until 8. Flop on rug and have a snooze. Go to bed at 10.

If it is a non working weekend and we are with him he goes back to bed with us after breakfast, til 10ish, then is awake all day. He normally needs a lie in on the Sunday mind you.

He is a greedy dood so as soon as one of us wakes up he thinks it must be breakfast time!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 31 Jul 2015, 23:04

Lola sleeps all day virtually and all night from whenever I go to bed (I get her up from where she has slept all evening to go for a wee and come up to bed) until I get up - however late that is.

She has one hour to hour half walk a day but sleeps the rest, wakes up for play with OH (way more exciting than me, she lines up all her toys ready) when he comes home.

Getting her to go on a walk can be a task - she'd rather be curled up. She enjoys it when she's out there - but sometimes will come to a dead stop at the top of the path down to the fields and turn back. She won't go out at all if it's raining... stand at the door and refuses to move.

Weird. Not sure she's a dog.
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 01 Aug 2015, 09:46

Rigby goes hell for leather when he's out! But will sleep most of the day and all night. He'll get up and see what going on, or grab something and run to the garden when he sees eldest son, but apart from making sure he's not missing anything, he'll sleep!

It's a dogs life :lol:
ImageImage

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 01 Aug 2015, 11:02

all I can say is let sleeping doods lay as when they are up they are mad
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

linny

Post by linny » 01 Aug 2015, 13:29

I think I'm going to have a word with my lot! .....they are on the go for most of the day but will settle down for a sleep after lunch (around 1:30 )and sleep soundly till 3 pm ,then it's all systems go again till 10.and I heave a sigh of relief :wink:
They sleep through till 7:30/8 a.m and then it starts all over again.
All six have the same routine 8)

sunshine57

Post by sunshine57 » 01 Aug 2015, 16:00

Beau sleeps a lot to in between walks and eating he curls up on his blanket and he's off
We are in Cornwall at the moment and he does not know what has hit him cause we are out all day :D

Sharan

Post by Sharan » 03 Aug 2015, 08:31

Rudy has a similar sleepy routine.
He'll wake up whenever we do so in the weekday around 6.30am and it's about 9am by the time he's been fed and walked and then it's time for his mammoth nap! He'll go to bed and wake up around 4pm and then he gets his second walk. (He really goes for it on his walks tho - non stop running and playing)
He dozes on and off all evening but goes to bed about 9.
I always wondered if he's the only doodle who's so sleepy!! Glad to know he's not alone :D
ImageImage

annabell22

Post by annabell22 » 03 Aug 2015, 08:44

It's great hearing all the tales of doodles days.
On a week day Monty gets up about half 7, gets fed and walked then it's off to work with OH where he settles under the desk and snoozes until 12 when wakes up for a snack and walk. After this it's back to snoozing interspersed with causing mischief around the studio and picking up whatever he can get his moth or paws on. It's up and at them again at 4, before leaving the studio at 5, getting another walk and then tea back home. After this he generally has an hour of mischief and then settles again at 7-8 for a deep snooze before its off to his actual bed between 10 and 11.
On a weekend he generally stays awake all day and follows our plans. Monty wont know what's hit him this week though as OH is off on business and he's spending the whole week with me! Let's hope we don't cause too much chaos. Monty is only 10 months old so not sure if we can expect him to snooze even more when he's older.

MandyG

Post by MandyG » 03 Aug 2015, 13:34

Yup, Phoebe fits the doodle sleep pattern. In fact, I think most dogs spend a lot of time sleeping. It used to worry me, but now I think a dog's day is all sleep, highlighted by food, walks, play and cuddles. Not a bad life really. :D :D

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

Sarahdol75

Post by Sarahdol75 » 03 Aug 2015, 15:38

I feel a lot better now, lol.

Some friends came to stay with us at the weekend, and they couldnt believe, how much he slept, and he good he was, they said he was so calm, and contented, that the next dog they would have would be a labradoodle.
ImageImage

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 03 Aug 2015, 19:50

Dexter as always liked he's sleep even at 6 months when in middle of training class he was flat out. He gets up at 7 then walk then back on sofa ,then another walk at 1 and then back on sofa apart from eating ,then last walk around 6 ,then settles down and as a wee at 11 and bed ,never moves all night.
ImageImage