Stout the honey monster!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
stout

Stout the honey monster!

Post by stout » 01 Aug 2015, 21:12

First a quick recap:
Stout was watching me putting honey on my muesli. So we checked and apparently honey is good for digestive problems in dogs and also itchy ears. For the last 3 weeks he has had a spoon a day.

So far so good.......
Tonight he decided to bark and we thought he wanted to go out. When we got to the kitchen he stopped and looked at the cupboard where the honey is. So he had his teaspoon of honey. As you can see he loves it and doesn't leave any behind! It does seem to have helped him with less belly issues from his inflamatory bowel disease and less ear itching so it looks like we will continue with it.

So, as Linny predicted: We have created a honey monster. Below is the evidence....

https://youtu.be/4fHvCt4Sbf4
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

marymuffin

Re: Stout the honey monster!

Post by marymuffin » 02 Aug 2015, 14:27

Dexter loves honey, and whilst we were down in Dorset recently we bought him Banana and Honey dog ice cream,quite a big tub, the lady said it can be refrozen as no dairy in the ingredients. Head down and in, he licked the tub to death . I know spoilt or what , but it was a very hot day and we had done a lot of walking that day. Loved the concentration on Stouts face. H and D

Bid

Post by Bid » 03 Aug 2015, 08:31

Love it! Stout does everything with enthusiasm doesn''t he :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

MandyG

Post by MandyG » 03 Aug 2015, 13:37

Great idea, I'm going to try Phoebe with honey.

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

MandyG

Post by MandyG » 03 Aug 2015, 13:41

Well, I tried it and she turned her nose up at it! Wouldn't go near it. I smeared a little on her muzzle and she licked at it, then walked away. Guess she's not a sweet toothed dog. :lol: :lol:

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

stout

Post by stout » 03 Aug 2015, 13:53

MandyG wrote:Well, I tried it and she turned her nose up at it! Wouldn't go near it. I smeared a little on her muzzle and she licked at it, then walked away. Guess she's not a sweet toothed dog. :lol: :lol:
Stout wasn't convinced with his first try, second attempt was a lot more successful!
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 03 Aug 2015, 23:54

We decided to try Ianto on a little honey... He loved it! (Putting aside the OH's protestations - I bought Manuka for the doods, and only M&S Acacia for him... :roll: )
Then we bought some vanilla fudge at the local Artisan Market... Ianto went crackers, trying to get at it. We finally put it on the stairs in our dormer bungalow out of his reach. First, he tried desperately to circumvent the babygate by climbing through the bannister, then was discovered stuck on the chair under the stairs, trying to clamber through the open stair treads...
Poor lad, he's now addicted to sugar... :shock: :?
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

linny

Post by linny » 05 Aug 2015, 15:33

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: gets the most off the spoon doesn't he .
He is so much like Ambrose !!!