Doodlefest here we come...!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Ianto!

Doodlefest here we come...!

Post by Ianto! » 06 Aug 2015, 23:21

Well, the car is half-packed... the tent is in there (hope the OH has remembered all the tent pegs!!)
We're hoping for an early start tomorrow :lol: Hoping to see lots of friends from the forum... We've ordered our badges, so if you see us, say Hi!
It's the first time we've camped (just been day-trippers the last two years) - fingers crossed for good weather.
Happy Doodlefest, everyone!! :D
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

jackieholmes19

Re: Doodlefest here we come...!

Post by jackieholmes19 » 07 Aug 2015, 06:41

See you there! We're with the Southern Softies - just look for turquoise! Come over for a glaas of wine :D
Jackie & Bella
Xxx

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 07 Aug 2015, 10:18

Would 12 o'clock be too early....?? :wink:
Anne & co. x

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 07 Aug 2015, 10:26

never too early

see you soon
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

marymuffin

Post by marymuffin » 07 Aug 2015, 11:41

All of you that are off to Doodlefest have a lovely time. Maybe one year!!!!! Unfortunately working tomorrow, and too far for a pop in.H and D

stout

Post by stout » 07 Aug 2015, 15:06

Hopefully Chris and stout will be picking me up from work in half an hour, then we will be heading off.

We are being properly wussy and staying in the hotel up the road :lol:

Come and say hi we should be easy to find, just sniff out the doodle stout :lol:
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Masil

Post by Masil » 07 Aug 2015, 17:52

Have a fab time all of you who are heading off to Doodle Fest. I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back :D

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 11 Aug 2015, 22:27

*drumming fingers* Patiently waiting :roll: for the next Ianto and Doodlefest update 8)

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 11 Aug 2015, 23:03

Pollydoodle,

I'm really very sorry to report.... that Ianto behaved himself at Doodlefest!! :shock: Though that is probably because he was kept on a lead at all times, having lost privileges until he's 32 (after his cross-Channel swimming attempt at Pugneys in Yorkshire....)

Oh, ....except when the OH was responsible for him at the burger van.... The S&W Yorks lot all toddled up for a tray of chips and a burger on Friday evening. And whilst we were busy collecting our Doodlefest dog tags, he saw his opportunity - the Hidden Paw made a highly accurate lunge for Sharon's hot-dog sausage and chips.... :oops: :oops: I've been pulling tomato sauce out of his coat ever since.... :? Oh, the shame!!! :oops:

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 12 Aug 2015, 00:00

Oh Ianto, :shock: you poor mistreated doodle, fancy having to be on-lead all through Doodlefest! :wink: Hope you managed to lodge a complaint about dastardly owners and signed up for a tentative place at the Trust, pending freedom reform on the home front! :lol:
Gotta say hope you got some chips with that sneaky left hook (paw) 8)
x
Ps Anne: may aswell leave the tomato sauce in. It's ever so good with the inevitable fox poo side roll. :roll:

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 12 Aug 2015, 22:23

It was a measure of our fear that The Artful Dodger would make an escape attempt from the camping field that made us keep him from enjoying a good ol' romp with all the other doods, Pollydoodle... :( I figured that if you were at Doodlefest you'd be well aware that food (and other items) could be 'Doodled' from your tent/van/motorhome... but the noise from the nearby road, railway and field full of sheep steeled our resolve...

Due to his being kept on a tight rein at all times, I doubt he had the chance to make a complaint to the Trust.... though I did enquire at their Information desk about Adoption.... sadly, they didn't believe I was serious in my attempt to get the little lad rehomed! :roll:

Pre-emptive fox-pooh treatment is a brilliant idea - unfortunately, I managed to get the last of it out today, as we were due to visit Chatsworth and I didn't want the Duke-y to think we were chavs.... :wink:

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 13 Aug 2015, 08:38

We camped with the Southern Softies, it was a long drive this year after our move to Dorset but the 200 miles were worth it to see the doods running wild wiv joy with their friends.

Leads on, on Saturday in the show ground but it was very warm again this year with cool costs needed. We even got our beach shelter out and put that up around the ring for me and the dogs to hide in the shade.

Florence came first in Best F1b class and was Best Reserve in Show, missing out to a Golden Doodle who was gorgeous. The best puppy was adorable too and we nearly stole him.

The best Snausage stealing was occurring in the Expendoodles group - many 4 legged visitors wandered through as the Hooms had brought huge quantities of food with them to BBQ. Ronnie (his owner is not on here so I can't name and shame so well) was without doubt the most determined snaffler - he spent a good hour with The Expendoodles, using every tactic in the book to extract a snausage and a nice bit of meat.

Not sure if we will be able to go next year, if we can get the camp site up and running, we will not be able to leave home which is a shame. It has been one of the highlights of our year for 3 years running now.

stout

Post by stout » 13 Aug 2015, 09:23

We had a busy but fun doodlefest. I spent a lot of it pouring beer!! Chris was in charge of the furry one expeditions (I have a dodgy shoulder currently, so flying an over excited Stout on the end of a lead would have been a recipe for disaster :roll: ). Stout came second in F2 (I think to the goldendoodle who won overall) :D . Chris didn't put Stout's 'no treats' bandana back on straight away - just enough time for the begging eyes to get fed a bit of burger (with bun :shock: ), thankfully no ill effects. He got a bit of running around free time - with Chris following close behind - put back on his lead when he decided he was going to explore someones tent :oops:
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 13 Aug 2015, 16:52

Congratulations to Florence and Stout!! :D
I didn't dare enter little Wyre for the puppy class - he'd spent his time knitting his coat into lovely big tangles, and I couldn't chance being drummed out of the ring by an outraged judge.... :shock:
Ianto watched the classes wearing his cool coat and sheltering under our parasol. I couldn't believe how lucky we were with the weather -
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 13 Aug 2015, 17:28

Not to be outdone, Lulu came second in F1 (although she should have come first of course)

Also second in the Brace which is a sort of look alike competition although the first went to two toy pedigree poodles, now if they didn't look alike, it proves something about pedigrees. Never mind the whole thing was brilliant and if Uncle Peter doesn't come next year we will be very upset. Hire a manager!
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage