Remembering the Huggy Monster

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Ianto!

Re: Remembering the Huggy Monster

Post by Ianto! » 18 Jul 2016, 19:24

Oh linny,
I haven't been on the forum for a while, and have just read your tribute to Huggy... it's made me cry. You are so right about our loveable rogues - and the unavoidable heart-break they cause.
My own particular pirate, The Artful Dodger, recently had to have a tumour removed from his muzzle. Thankfully, it was benign and tomorrow he's due at the vets to have his stitches removed - Heaven help them :wink:
To quote Harrison Ford in Star Wars, "You love me because I'm a rogue..!" - and it's true; they steal anything they can get their paws on, and one of those things is your heart.... :cry:
Anne & Ianto xx

linny

Post by linny » 18 Jul 2016, 20:01

Thank you Anne, he certainly did take part of me with him when he left :(
I do hope the removal of the dodgers stitches goes smoothly :lol: ....thank goodness it was benign.

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 19 Jul 2016, 18:53

Oh my goodness! Three years??? Where has the time gone, and why did I read this post just before I'm going on a night out as I now have to go and re-do my mascara!!!

Wendy x

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sarahdol75

Post by Sarahdol75 » 20 Jul 2016, 22:11

Oh Anne, sorry to hear about Ianto, glad its benign though.

How did you know he had a tumour??
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 02 Aug 2016, 20:40

Sorry Sarahdol, I've been away and not able to log on... Iant had a very small lump on his muzzle so I took him to the vet - they told me it was a scab or a wart, charged me £21 and sent me on my way... Two weeks later, it was much larger and an irregular shape so I was back again. They took one look, booked him in for surgery to remove it and after a worrying wait, we were told that it was a tumour but benign. It was advancing towards his eye and has left quite a scar as they had to remove it 'with clear margins' but is healing well...
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

We5Kings

Post by We5Kings » 03 Aug 2016, 10:35

Oh my goodness! Poor Ianto! And poor you, having to stop His Artfulness from loosening his stitches!! :roll: Was he forced to don the collar of shame? :(
Good to have you back. Anny

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 04 Aug 2016, 22:18

Thanks Anny... Yes, he had to don the collar, but made its presence known on my calves... a la Ianto... :wink: He's spent the last week in Cornwall being mistaken for a poodle due to his shorn muzzle... Oh, the ignominy!! :shock:
Anne, Ianto & Wyre xx