Very worried that I bought my puppy from a puppy farm

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
TedsHuman

Very worried that I bought my puppy from a puppy farm

Post by TedsHuman » 21 Jul 2016, 12:12

I bought my puppy Ted from a breeder that I found online, I went to see the pups and saw mum and dad when I paid my deposit and the puppies looked well cared for etc. He came with a vet certificate, vaccinations, microchip, insurance - everything a puppy should come with so I did not suspect anything. The breeder chatted to me for over an hour about raising a puppy and dos/donts etc I got the feeling he cared.

I have had no cause for concern over the health or actions of Ted, infact he is the perfect dog, so if he is the product of a puppy farm it won't make any difference to the way I feel about him but obviously they need to be reported.

The reason I suspect this is because I was on the site again (looking for a potential brother/sister for Ted) and I saw the exact same breeder had put up another advert, the advert was word for word exactly the same as Ted's advert and gave the same description of Ted's parents (colour, size, Hip health test results) but the dates had been changed and the pictures had been changed, Ted was born on the 31st March 2016 and these puppies were born on 25th May 2016.

Either two things have happened - it's a different mum but they have used the same wording for the adverts (misleading me and countless other people which is a concern if the hip tests have been lied about) or, it's the same mum and she has given birth and then been impregnated the very same week.

What makes me suspicious is a few weeks after I got Ted my mum said she wanted a labradoodle and I contacted the breeder by text to ask if he had any puppies left and he said no they had all gone, by this time the dog would've pregnant so why didn't he say he would be having another litter again soon by a different mum ??

I wouldn't even know how to report this or if it will do any good?

Brooks13

Re: Very worried that I bought my puppy from a puppy farm

Post by Brooks13 » 21 Jul 2016, 12:39

I think if you have any doubt you should report him - although I have no idea how you go about this. Hopefully, he will be checked out and all will be well but if not you would have done the right thing.

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 Jul 2016, 16:34

Local authorities licence breeders if they have 4 or more litters a yeatr, so you could try contacting your local authority to see if the breeder has a licence.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

TedsHuman

Post by TedsHuman » 21 Jul 2016, 17:32

Thank you I will do this, I still have his address and everything so shouldn't be difficult.

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 02 Aug 2016, 20:35

Just wanted to say Thank you, to TedsHuman, for being concerned enough to care about his mum and the other dogs concerned...
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x