Stout belly

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
stout

Stout belly

Post by stout » 27 Nov 2016, 23:04

In the last couple of weeks, stout has been waking at 7 with a grumbly tum. I have been giving him half his breakfast which seems to calm it down. We have now decided to give him 100g of food for supper at 10 so hopefully he doesn't wake up hungry. Which got me wondering if any other doodles have supper, one of our friends doodles always leaves a few biscuits from his tea which he eats just before bed :lol:
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

kobi&jazz

Re: Stout belly

Post by kobi&jazz » 28 Nov 2016, 00:09

Yeah - Kobi & Jazz always have either a Bonio or a couple of dog biscuits when they are settling down for the night. If I am having toast before bed they get half a slice instead :D

linny

Post by linny » 28 Nov 2016, 00:47

:lol: Yes mine do and toast is their favourite too. :) (or a malted milk biscuit :oops: :oops:)

olly

Post by olly » 28 Nov 2016, 08:22

Whisper has a similar problem if he goes too long without food. He is sick (frothy bile). Both of them have their food split between breakfast, tea and supper. They are sensitive to grain so toast is off limits!
I know that at 18 months common wisdom says that they should be on one meal a day but that doesn't suit them and they are healthy and happy on the divided rations.
That issue was reasonably easy to sort, now all I have to tackle is the jumping up, pulling on walks, and stealing from pockets.
Where did I go wrong?? This morning they had only been up for 20 mins and 15 of those were spent eating breakfast and going out in the yard, but one has pulled the carpet up at the bottom of the stairs and the other has pulled a plate off the work surface and broken it. I only went out of the room to clean up after them! Not a good start to aMonday morning.

marymuffin

Post by marymuffin » 28 Nov 2016, 09:21

Dexter has a biscuit after his evening meal and often leaves it until just before bed time. H and D

We5Kings

Post by We5Kings » 28 Nov 2016, 15:51

Dude has his food divided into 3meals a day which seems to suit his digestion better. Bfast at 8ish, lunch( this is a smaller meal)12ish then his dinner at 6. He doesn't have snacks before bed. But this post reminded me of my Mums final dog,Boy, who always joined Mum in having toast and marmalade at 11pm for his "late snack"! All dogs who tolerate bread seem to LOVE toast!! :lol: Anny

Bid

Post by Bid » 28 Nov 2016, 19:57

Mine share a tin of sardines at bedtime!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Sarahdol75

Post by Sarahdol75 » 28 Nov 2016, 20:15

Harley always leaves a little bit of food in his bowl at tea time, and always eats it just before bed, doesnt matter if I give him a little less food, he still does it :lol:
ImageImage

stout

Post by stout » 28 Nov 2016, 21:47

Glad to hear it is not just stout! He never leaves anything in his bowl. I was woken at 7:30 this morning - but he did have an early tea yesterday. He used to have lunch, but now prefers to sleep through it instead :roll: . He is currently on a diet, so has had his food reduced, which doesn't help! I am sure he would love toast, but I would definitely be up with him then :lol:
Cheers,

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

linny

Post by linny » 29 Nov 2016, 14:44

olly wrote:!
I know that at 18 months common wisdom says that they should be on one meal a day but that doesn't suit them and they are healthy and happy on the divided rations.
Elly .....feeding once a day is not the norm these days ....twice is now recommended. This helps prevent torsion so your two meals are the correct feeding regime.

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 29 Nov 2016, 19:25

I've never known a dog whose tummy rumbles like Murphy's does sometimes, it literally wakes us up!!! I now feed him slightly more at tea time and tend to feed him later than I was before and this seems to stop it.

He's got to go into the vets for an investigation on Friday and can't have anything to eat from Wednesday evening as his colon needs to be empty - he's going to be a nightmare and is definitely not sleeping in our room on Thursday night!!!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

linny

Post by linny » 30 Nov 2016, 17:05

Will be thinking of Murphy and hoping that all goes well. Do post and let us know how he is.

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 30 Nov 2016, 18:39

As a puppy, Wyre would often bring up green-yellow froth if I didn't feed him immediately after I got up... Ianto was never interested in breakfast, so used to only have two meals a day. Since the Gremlin (Wyre) has been here though, they're both on three squares a day... I had enough trouble getting the pup onto three meals from four that I haven't had the heart to move him to just two. :?

Olly, are you sure that Echo and Whisper aren't related to Ianto?? :wink: He is four now, and still up to his tricks - the most recent being 'disassembling' a recently planted-up pot of winter-flowering pansies I'd left to acclimatise in the conservatory... :(

Oh no, come to think of it, it was the sunflower oil-soaked sheet of Plenty I left in the frying pan - at the very back of the cooker - when Nature suddenly called this morning... :oops: (Basically, there are so many 'incidents' I tend to lose track...!)

Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

olly

Post by olly » 30 Nov 2016, 23:18

Fortunately my 2 are miniature so can't reach the back of the work surface so I can leave things IF I push them far enough back. They are also partial to digging so much so I have had to level and re seed the lawn this autumn. However they are so affectionate and cute that I forgive them their indiscretions (most of the time)!!!
Olly Echo & Whisper.

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 02 Dec 2016, 08:43

linny wrote:Will be thinking of Murphy and hoping that all goes well. Do post and let us know how he is.
Thanks Linny, will update later xx

ImageImageImageImageImageImage