including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 30 Mar 2017, 23:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: found a lump
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2017, 13:57 

Hi i was stroking dexter last night and just above hes belly at side ,i found a hard lump apart size of 2p piece,going take him to vets to cheek it out so worried.

Post subject: Re: found a lump
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2017, 17:36 

Sorry to hear this Elaine

Try not to worry until you know what it is. Hope it goes well at the vets. Let us know.....

X

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2017, 18:29 

Hi Elaine, Hope all goes well tomorrow at the vets. I found a small lump on Jazz last year and it was diagnosed as a fatty lump by the vet, it has got slightly bigger but as it isn't causing any discomfort to her and in herself she is eating, playing etc the vet advised just to keep a check on it. It can be removed but it is only cosmetic and both myself and the vet don't feel she should have an op for that reason. Apparently 'fatty lumps' are quite common and if it was under an armpit or causing any distress then the vet would operate. Fingers crossed this is what Dexter has, keep us posted on how Dexter gets on. God bless xx

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2017, 23:44 

Fingers and paws crossed that all is well tomorrow -
Anne, Ianto & Wyre xx

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 21:46 

Hope it went OK today. All my doodles have got fatty lumps - they are a worry while you wait to get them checked though.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 18:56 

Hope all is well with Dexter. Any news Elaine? xx

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017, 18:19 

Hi been to vets today about lump ,they have just told us to keep a eye out in case it gets bigger or changes in any way.,im still a little worried in case it gets to late to do anything if it is something bad .

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017, 21:31 

Just catching up. What a worry for you Elaine. Keeping fingers crossed for you. Give the lovely boy a hug from us, hugs to you as well

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 13:20 

Ugh, a lump is always a worry even if they are quiet common. Hope it amounts to nothing for lovely Dexter. My girl has one too and I occasionally worry about it. I try to ignore the story running in my head which works most of the time.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2017, 13:33 

Big hugs to you both. Fingers crossed all stay well xx

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2017, 22:22 

Good news in that the vet isn't worried about it, Elaine... I know that it's a worry for you - but just keep an eye on it and check it regularly, as they suggest. Thank goodness it wasn't anything bad...
Anne, Ianto & Wyre xx

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2017, 14:18 

Pleased to read that the vets are not concerned about Dexter's Lump Elaine.
If you are still concerned ask if they could do a needle aspiration to check the cells in the lump....my vet did this with Jethro.....Hugs x

ImageImage

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2017, 23:00 

Please please please always get lumps checked out. Pebbles had one in her side for years that was checked out and was a fatty cyst type thing that never gave her any problems. Then I found a lump while stroking her that popped out and went back in again that was under her front armpit. Vet said it was her lymph node but wasn't unduly worried as the other 3 weren't up. Gave her anti inflammatries. Took her back the week after and demanded tests be done when the lump didn't go down. Tests showed liver cancer and we lost her the week after (day after Boxing Day), she was just 7 1/2. We were and are absolutely devastated. We always thought we would lose Sophie first as she is 10 and been in heart failure for the last 2 years. Pebbles had never had a days illness. Please always check
suspicious lumps out
Jo

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017, 00:39 

Jo, I'm so sorry, that must be heart-breaking. It's such a shock to lose a dog so suddenly. You are right about getting lumps checked out - and insisting on further checks. I took our Ianto in with a small lump on his snout... I was told it was either a wart or a scab. In my heart I knew it was neither. When I took him back a short while later it was because it had grown, and elongated, towards his eye. The vet took one look that time and said it had to be removed - they booked him in asap. It turned out to be a tumour... Fortunately, it was benign and they got it out with clear margins, but I should never have believed them in the first place. He now has quite a scar and we have to keep an eye out in case it returns. It sounds as if we were one of the lucky ones...
Anne, Ianto & Wyre xx
(I checked out your puppy piccies of Sophie, she looks so much like our Ianto!) x