including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 23 Apr 2018, 16:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: KC and Labradoodles
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 22:40 

Hi all,
Was on holiday in Dorset last week, seems doodles are a novelty there as Holly was quizzed as to what was she?
Anyway a lady who was a doggy type knew the "breed" and informed me that the KC had accepted Labradoodle into the fold. Has anyone heard this ? it is something I did not agree with as KC always want to standardise a breed and the one beautitul thing about doodles is they are all so different in looks but their nature is universal loving, cheeky, fun loving and intelligent. The last thing they need is human manipulative intervention.

Post subject: Re: KC and Labradoodles
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 13:30 

:( I hope it's not true Kathie and for all the reasons you have mentioned.
We had a vote on here some years ago about "Should Doodles be recognized by the K.C" and the overwhelming view was ....LEAVE THEM ALONE...STAY AWAY KENNEL CLUB!....... :lol:
Hope you and Holly had a wonderful holiday :)

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 17:01 

No I think your lady was misinformed about Labradoodles being accepted by the KC as a breed. I was invited to sit on a panel last year at the Kennel Club to discuss our thoughts with other breeders of mixed breeds - Labradoodles, Cockerpoos etc and it was generally accepted that we didn't think being KC recognised was going to do anything for the breed, especially if it meant a 'standard' labradoodle was going to be introduced and dogs being bred for 'type' rather than their temperament. We were all in agreement that health, sociability, temperament were paramount as was the need for responsible breeders, whether they be commercial breeders or hobby breeders. As far as I'm aware nothing has changed about Labradoodles being registered with the KC. Long may it continue!

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 21:01 

Thanks Linny and susiet,I remember posts about KC discussions and the thoughts of most of LA contributors all of whom had definite objections for the very reasons posted. As I had not heard the outcome I was fearful that KC for the wrong reasons I.e money had gone ahead with their initiative. Much relieved to hear our "mutts " will remain as random as nature intends. Love 'em all . I have not met a bad one yet.
Kind Regards
Kathie and Holly

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017, 10:56 

Also meant to say ...have a lovely holiday! Perhaps we could start up a new post of jolly holiday pics with our doods! Love seeing them have fun on the beaches etc with their hoomans :lol: Trouble is I'm absolute rubbish at putting pics up on my computer :roll: :roll: I have to wait for assistance from some more techy family member!! Hope the sun comes out again for you! Have fun :D

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2017, 22:40 

Three Dorset Doodles here - we even have a facebook group - Dorset Doodles Oodles and Poodles!