including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 22 Jul 2018, 03:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Photos
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2017, 07:32 

As so many of us are falling foul of Photobucket, is there another way we can put pictures on here? I use facebook and instagram and it is easy to put pictures on those sites, perhaps something can be done about the forum?
Any techies out there??

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Photos
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2017, 09:52 

Had a quick google for "Photobucket Alternatives" and unsurprisingly it brings back a lot of recent links as this change has hit a lot of folk. Its a bit of a minefield but these two popped up as possibles :-

https://vgy.me/

https://cubeupload.com/

I'm not recommending them and you may want to check before using them but seen them mentioned in a couple of places.

I back up my photos to "OneDrive" which is Microsofts cloud storage application and in theory i think you can do it from there but i need to do some more digging as to how you do it!! If i figure it out i will report back!!

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2017, 13:20 

Thanks for that, I've just used vgy.me to put this pic on here ..... very easy.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2017, 15:17 

What a lovely photo! And a good post- it's always great to have the opportunity to share our doodle pix. Can I ask, is this method compatible with iPhone and Mac? Or is it just for Microsoft users? I'm no expert but understand these are different. :lol:

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 08:47 

Last edited by jonb on 24 Aug 2017, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 08:52 

We5Kings wrote:
Can I ask, is this method compatible with iPhone and Mac? Or is it just for Microsoft users? I'm no expert but understand these are different. :lol:

Above photo, that appears to have taken over the whole screen as its gone on very large, was uploaded via my iPhone. Just go to the site on Safari on your iPhone and you can upload from your photo library. Only slight issue is it doesnt give you the various links at the bottom of the page for some reason so you have to click in the address bar at the top, copy the address and when you put it on here just add .jpg on the end to make it a valid image link.

No reason it wont work with a Mac either as its just an upload to a website which then gives you a link to use on here. Seems it does upload them at full size though so up to you if you want to do some editing on your phone to make them a bit smaller for going on here.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 09:04 

Quick update....downloaded an app called "Image Size" to my iPhone that lets me change the size of the photo to make it smaller so it doesnt take over so i've just edited my post with the photo in to use an uploaded version after i'd changed the size to make it a bit more forum friendly!!

If anyone is interested in what Roker was actually doing he was chasing a fly that was buzzing around the window and decided he was better off on the window sill to get a bit higher!! I walked in and told him to get down very quickly at which point he sauntered round the window sill and just popped off the end!! Silly dog! :D

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 12:50 

Thanks Jon, I will have a go at the weekend.
Love that pic of Roker :lol: Dude finds flies deeply annoying, frustrating and sometimes he hides under the table to get away from them! He always barks at them and comes to tell me to GetRidOfThatFly!! :roll: Anny

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 14:25 

Roker has no time for them so tries to get rid of them by whacking them with paw or nose or just trying to catch them in his mouth. Often find trying to get behind the blinds on the windows on the stairs to get at one. As you can imagine this can get very annoying for him when he's with us in France and there are loads of flies!

Here's one of a slightly more reclined Roker!!

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2017, 16:42 

https://vgy.me/0QZvAr.jpg When Dude sees a fly he asks me to get rid of it!!

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2017, 13:32 

I use Flickr it's free and you get loads of storage for photo's.there are also 15 groups around the world you can share your photo's with.Here's a picture of Freddy our new Labradoodle he was 13 weeks old and the picture was taken three weeks ago.

ImageFreddy by derek Head, on Flickr

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2017, 14:07 

Thanks for the info. I must say what a cute little face Freddy has and a lovely colour :)