including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 22 Jul 2018, 08:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cornish vet?
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2017, 20:02 

Not long now til we move to West Cornwall and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a vet in the Penzance area who isn't anti raw feeding!
I fear most vets are in fact anti raw but suspect some are more anti than others! Hope someone has a suggestion for us, Thankyou, Anny

Post subject: Re: Cornish vet?
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2017, 01:15 

No recommendations.
More to say glad you found somewhere you wish to be! Is it a walk in and flop on the sofa or is it 'that' project I think the agent mentioned.

Penzance:Sure Katherine with choc smaller doodle lives or lived there. I cannot recall what forum she is on, if at all. Many years have passed...
Guess you need to go walk on the beaches and quizz all the other dog owners/walkers.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2017, 14:38 

Thanks Pollydoodle. Well, we said "no more projects" but there's certainly plenty to do at the new ( old) cottage :lol: To be fair we like to be busy, and after 30 years in an old house we've had plenty of experience!
Re the vets, I've emailed 4 in the area and there is a clear winner. One was VERY anti raw, two didn't exactly "approve" and one very sensible sounding vet was happy with raw. I know what you feed a dog shouldn't matter too much to a vet, but it seems it does :roll:
Dude is getting very used to us spending a lot of time boxing things up and spends a lot of his time in the Dude Cave( kitchen table) He's very patient and always gets his 2long walks every day which I certainly enjoy as much as he does! Anny

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2017, 11:36 

Katherine did have a book shop in Chapel Street in Penzance....she was on here under the member name of Kate W...you could try and p.m her (search members).
Anything Doodle related Katherine will Know and if she is still down there I'm sure she would welcome a meet . :)