including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 18:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Captain Sensible
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2017, 22:23 

Hello. Its been a long time since we posted on here.
Lots has happened but we have now sold our house bought a small property which we are renting out and have moved
full time onto our narrowboat.
For the winter we are living in a marina and across the road is a lovely field with lots of lovely dogs for Ted and Mabel to play with. The thing is Ted has turned into the most sensible dooodle in the world . He has stopped bouncing on any new dog we meet in fact he has taken to standing and waiting until they come up to him . He might then have a play or a little sniff .
Also we have met a lady with a dog that only has one eye and he is developing a cataract . Ted has taken to guiding him round the field he wont even let Mabel help . He's so cute and takes this new responsibility very seriously.
Probably now iv written this post he will revert and do something completly barmy.
Ted doodle and Mabel

Post subject: Re: Captain Sensible
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2017, 01:29 

Aww bless him. :D Thanks for sharing. Their ability to read situations never ceases to amaze.Happy pottering on the narrowboat.
Am chuckling at thought if we did that,it would be mayhem as one large dood is totally oblivious as to what his tail is doing.So much so the other dood has learnt to shut her eyes when he walks past invariably swiping her in the face or me for that matter :roll: I cannot imagine him in a narrow space, I guess we would have clear surfaces - always!

Ps:never forget doods are always barmy they like to catch us off guard as they get older.

Post subject: Re: Captain Sensible
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2017, 19:22 

Haha Pollydoodle. I know what you mean. The sides of the boat are lined with wood and when our two get wagging it sounds like a bad drumming lesson.
The biggest problem we have with two large doodles is stopping them deciding they need to get in bed with you at about 6am. Its easy in a house just keep the door shut. Dont get me wrong I love doodle cuddles but a 5stone and 4 stone doodle pouncing on us when we are sleeping really wakes you up!!!!!
Ted doodle and Mabel