including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 23 Apr 2018, 16:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Car recommendations for 2 labradoodles!
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2017, 10:53 

Hi, we have recently acquired a 1 year old very large labradoodle and also have a resident 9 year old. I have an Audi a3 convertible and this is obviously not a good car for both safety and practicability for transporting 2 large dogs. We are going to try and keep the Audi and just get a cheapish runaround purely for the dogs. Is there any recommendations at all. The other option would be to sell the Audi and get a bigger car but at the moment would like to keep it if possible!

Post subject: Re: Car recommendations for 2 labradoodles!
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2017, 16:20 

We have a Hyundai Santa Fe 4x4 which works well for two biggish dogs. They even have their own air con in the boot!

Post subject: Re: Car recommendations for 2 labradoodles!
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2017, 13:05 

I've had an Insignia estate for the last 3 and a half years and its great for lugging Roker around. Big flat boot area plus mine has an automatic boot so i just open it and Roker runs up and jumps in. The flat load area is great for using as a bench to sit down and change footwear etc. I've transported Roker and friends dogs at the same time without much of an issue.

I'd be looking at an estate or perhaps one of the "vans with windows" as i call them like the Renault Kangoo which have good big load spaces and probably easy to clean down. Whilst you get the space with a 4x4 the raised ride height may make it difficult for some dogs to get in easily. Years ago i had a saturday job on a farm doing various bits but first thing i had to do every week was lift the ladies two labs into the back of her land rover as they couldnt jump into it!!

In an ideal world i'm still waiting for Nissan to make this....its the only time i'd consider a 4x4!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHPqLWb6PLs