including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 21 Jul 2018, 09:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Freddy where have the last 8 months gone
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2018, 22:14 

Freddy it’s now almost 8 months since you joined our family and it certainly has been taxing, we know you are growing up and you are slowly getting better but it could be better still.
You’ve made us laugh at your antics I think the puddle’s in the garden were the best although once you got used to the snow you enjoyed it, you have frustrated us because we can’t leave you while we go shopping, we always come home don’t we. We don’t put you in the cage we never did with any of our other dogs and they were really good boys but we have learnt that’s why we put the ironing board on the settee the vacuum in front of one of the chairs and a sweeping brush in front of the other chair, strange really that you don’t like any of these things because they have never done anything to you. But it has stopped you chewing any more from the furniture; the 12” square of leather from the settee was a naughty thing to do.
We enjoy taking you out because you are so well behaved you like people and other dogs as well although we had a problem when you broke your lead 2 miles from home when you were frightened by another dog luckily I had long laces in my trainers so could fashion a lead out of them. We took you somewhere you had never been before and let you of your lead and with a pocket full of treats you came back when called, and when the treats ran out I only had to rattle my car Keys and again you came back.
We know that you and Barney will never be pals he wants what you’ve got and vice versa but it’s getting a bit frustrating taking both of you for walks I must look very odd walking down the road with my arms wide apart and I know that you like to walk with Barney and your new mum but when she has other things to do you can still walk with me not sit in the middle of the footpath waiting for them to catch up, because they never will.
But you get us out walking I have now lost a bit of weight and spoken to people that have never spoken to me before, they all say what pretty boy you are and most ask what breed you, are when I tell them you are a Labradoodle they say a Mongrel no he’s a crossbreed, sometimes a short walk will take ages because of people stopping me.
So Freddy here’s to the next 8 months and by then you should be a really nice boy.

Post subject: Re: Freddy where have the last 8 months gone
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2018, 13:05 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Freddy, you sound a character, that is what we love about doodles.

Your parents will love you no matter what.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2018, 14:42 

Hi Derek and Freddy, yes I remember most of your antics well, you certainly have to be inventive to keep up with a doodle.Took two years before the light bulb finally clicked on with our Holly but still we have that cheeky funny crafty intelligent girl at our side. Like you, people have been quite derogatory at times but most adore her and you are never alone with a doodle, shopping can take hours stopping and answering questions. Enjoy him as challenging as he is going to be at times you will always have a loving friend in him.
Any pics?

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2018, 13:55 

Well Derek, you are right at the beginning of your wonderful Doodle journey. The antics that they get up to could fill a book but that is part of their charm. They are so intelligent and never fail to astonish us with their ingenuity. With patience and perseverance they do settle down, but you will never be able to take a walk without people stopping to admire these cheeky, sociable, adorable furballs. Enjoy :D

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2018, 15:06 

:lol: :lol: Oh Freddy!....you sound as if you are following in true doodle footsteps. :lol: :lol:
Lovely to read your update Derek.....things do get better.... honestly :wink: he sounds as if he is going through all the "normal" stages that most of us have experienced at some time or another.
As a breed they are totally loveable......and I can forgive mine almost anything, it just takes one of those looks or a Doodle hug and whatever they have done is forgiven..