including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 03:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: First grooming!
PostPosted: 13 Jul 2018, 20:18 

[Image][/img]
Today Luna had her first visit to the groomer - very fluffy and clean - not sure for how long!

Post subject: Re: First grooming!
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2018, 20:16 

Luna you look wonderful. As you say she will be suitably doodled within a day! Holly comes out like a powder puff and by the next day the puff is gone and she looks like an unmade bed again.
Did Luna like it?

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 09:10 

Hi. The groomer said she was very good! Yes last night she rolled in some wet earth and is now back to square one - nice while it lasted and the groomer did a great job of trimming the hair round her eyes so we can now see her very black mischievious eyes,! How long did Holly take to housetrain? We thought we had cracked it for a day or two but she has done a couple of wees inside right after being in the garden for ages. Will be quite relieved when the hot weather cools and we can close the doors as she might then get the difference between out and inside. She is 14 weeks today and we have had her for 5 and have been very vigilant and consistent. She is now 8.5 kg - was 3.5 when she came. Very picky eater though and prefers to graze - how was Holly with food?

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 11:13 

Hi, Dexter was 17 weeks, thought we were never going to get there ,but once he got it that was it. never goes in the garden unless an emergency, just waits for his walks,worth the wait we say. He's nearly 6yrs now,Mr. consistent.H and D

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 14:27 

What a gorgeous fluffy bunny!
Re the "accidents", I think you have a good point about differentiating inside/ outside. When we got Dude at 8weeks ( he's 5years now)I always clipped a little lead on and took him outside to wee/ poo. Then, as soon as he produced something walked him inside again. We had used the same method in the past. Seemed to work. I also took him out for a 3am wee when he was tiny, but you are past that stage.
Regarding food he has always lived to eat! However we had lots of tummy issues with kibble and have totally solved that by going raw with Luna+Me frozen food. Thought I'd mention it as it's your doodles name :D Anny

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 14:38 

Re size: just looked in Dudes puppy book:
At 8 weeks he was 5.9 kg. At 14 weeks 11.3kg
Now he's around 27 kg at 5years

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 22:19 

what a little cutie Luna is. Love her bandana :)

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 22:53 

Hi Luna’s mum, Holly was around the 15/16 weeks. I did use puppy pads as it was a cold December, she was pretty good at using them at night although as the quantity of wee increased we did have a few floods! But she soon understood that “be clean” meant do a wee and she much preferred the grass. We still use the words and have never had an accident. Shame about the grass though it never recovers. We will be glad to see the cooler weather Holly goes out before bed and now crashes out on the “grass” and is stone deaf to our pleas to come in. We have taken to putting her lead on so she knows it is “be clean “ time. Food has not been on her favourite list, in fact I have never known a dog prefer to starve rather than eat something it does not like. We changed to Raw over a year ago and she enjoys her meals clearing it every time. The benefits have been numerous. She weighs in at a healthy 30k
I think the idea of the

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 20:26 

Hi thanks so much for your suggestions re house training. We were doing ok till grandson came round and played with her and she got so excited she had 2 accidents on the carpet ( grandson almost 21 by the way!) With the hot weather she is drinking a lot so a lot more likelihood of puddles. Goes 7 hours at night no problem though. We have had 7 dogs and Luna is the most prolific wetter! She is now 9.2 kg and everyone we meet thinks shes a full grown Cockapoo! The lovely ( and expensive) wash & blow dry didnt last long - been digging again and now back to stylishly shaggy! Slight problem with tear staining - I wipe her eyes every morning with boiled water but ther is a little bit appearing. Any tips out there? She is very pale so it notices. Heigh ho - another trip to the garden in hope!