Labradoodles in the news again...

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
mhayhurst
Site Admin

Labradoodles in the news again...

Post by mhayhurst » 30 Sep 2019, 11:38

As a number of you may have seen the BBC have been writing about Labradoodles following an interview with Wally Conron who claims to have invented them (somewhat disingenuously!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49826945

It seems that the owners and vets interviewed (correctly) disagree with his assertions and frankly it's rather galling to have these beautiful dogs described as "crazy" and "Frankenstein's Monster"s. The selective breeding of Labradoodles has been one of the bigger success stories with the resulting hybrid vigour, overall stable mentality and good health combined with a generally agreeable blend of the best characteristics of the breeds which have contributed.

What do you think?

Mark

kobi&jazz

Re: Labradoodles in the news again...

Post by kobi&jazz » 30 Sep 2019, 12:00

I agree with every word you write Mark.
I have owned various breeds of dogs over the years but my 2 labradoodles are the most loyal, intelligent, fun loving dogs ever. Yes they did have their crazy doodle dashes when they were youngster's, yes they did chew a skirting board or two, yes they do like to roll In fox poo given the chance BUT they are beautiful dogs without a nasty bone in their bodies. I cannot understand anyone having a bad word to say about the glorious Labradoodle.

kobi&jazz

Post by kobi&jazz » 30 Sep 2019, 12:01

I agree with every word you write Mark.
I have owned various breeds of dogs over the years but my 2 labradoodles are the most loyal, intelligent, fun loving dogs ever. Yes they did have their crazy doodle dashes when they were youngster's, yes they did chew a skirting board or two, yes they do like to roll In fox poo given the chance BUT they are beautiful dogs without a nasty bone in their bodies. I cannot understand anyone having a bad word to say about the glorious Labradoodle.

linny

Post by linny » 07 Oct 2019, 17:04

I think that I totally agree with you both😀
I first owned a Doodle or rather I was owned by a Doodle before Wally bred them.
It was an accidental cross but the pups were absolutely beautiful and they proved to be highly intelligent ,very biddable, brilliant family dogs.
I have never been without one or two since the early eighties.😍😍