including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 16 Oct 2018, 01:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

What did you pay for your labradoodle?
Nothing 3%  3%  [ 25 ]
Less than £200 3%  3%  [ 25 ]
£200-£399 11%  11%  [ 104 ]
£400-£599 26%  26%  [ 246 ]
£600-£799 28%  28%  [ 271 ]
£800-£999 19%  19%  [ 186 ]
£1000-£1199 4%  4%  [ 36 ]
£1200-£1399 4%  4%  [ 38 ]
£1400 or more 3%  3%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 960
 Post subject: Re: What did you pay for your labradoodle?
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 10:59 

We paid £2000 for our Kimberlene's doodle. I know it's expensive but I don't care, he has been more than worth what we paid for him :)

I knew a doodle from Kimberlene's was going to be expensive before we went there and we could have paid £250 less for a straight haired sibling but our Prince just stole my heart from the moment I first saw him. We were given a five generation 'pedigree' certificate which included the hip scores of both parents. 4/4 for the mother (Kimberlene's Thyme) and an elbow score of 0/0 for her and a hip score of 3/3 for the father, Kimberlene's Mercury. The grandparents on the mother's side had hip scores of 1/0 (Berrybuck Ollie - Cream Labradoodle) and 0/1 (Kimberlene's Lupin - White Labradoodle). These are exceptional scores which made me confident that our puppy would also most likely have good hip scores. We have yet to have our doodle hip scored, I was led to believe that it can't be done until he's over 1 year old anyway and only worthwhile doing if we were going to use him as a stud which although I wouldn't discount it, it hasn't been our intention as we bought him as a pet. Our puppy had also had his eye tests done when we picked him up (the previous day).

I don't think it really matters what you pay as long as you're happy with what you've paid for and we most certainly are. It maybe that paying that bit more for a dog with such a good heritage in respect of the hip scores may save us money in the long run but in the end it is immaterial, I am happy with what I got for my money, he's a gorgeous dog with a lovely temperament and character and that's all that matters to me :)

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014, 12:19 

Hi Grizz, our willow is a kimberlene puppy and she didn't come cheap, we knew like you that she would be expensive ,but she is just adorable and i don"t regret buying her. Her mother is Pansy and her dad Mercury. She is 18 weeks old now ..how old is your dog?

ImageImage

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014, 13:44 

Hi, Grizz, from Dexter and Mum. We paid shed loads for our boy, but knew upfront from our lovely breeder what the costs were. And I loved the fact that they're there for lifetime support ( and grooming). Dexter is such a wonderful addition to our family that I have to say he came cheap- we love him sooooooo much!!!!

Ps love your name- our son's name is Graham ( now grown up), and when he was a baby, we called him ' Grizzly Growbag' ( as you do- LOL). As he grew up, he became 'Griz', and all our family still call him that ( and he signs himself as that on cards etc- bless!!!!! X

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2014, 23:26 

Image willow

ImageImage

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2014, 11:04 

I have paid less than £300 for both of my dogs :)

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2014, 11:04 

Does anyone know why I'm unable to make vote? :(

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2014, 17:46 

The voting bit has stopped working which is why everyone simply does what you did and write a comment :D

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2014, 22:41 

Not sure why this is still going.
After all, it started off as anonymous, just to capture statistics within certain ranges, but since the vote was disabled is now specific.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2014, 10:19 

£500

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2014, 22:36 

I paid.....quite a bit for our ASD :lol: but I had good reason too. A close family member has an f1b who I love and desperately wanted one but my youngest suffers from eczema and dog hair irritates it. He is fine with Barney (f1b), who luckily doesn't shed, so I knew I had to go Aussie to be pretty much guaranteed no shedding.

Plus I know they're supposed to be a bit calmer (and can be a bit more handsome/pretty) in temperament in general. In the case of our Marley and Barney this is definitely the case but I know every doodle's different.

Also, I went with RaisDoodles and was drawn to her as a breeder right from the start, her reputation says it all! And I am over the moon with our boy and Rai has been great too, would highly recommend!

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2014, 12:02 

Shivlin naughty, naughty - you know ALL our doodles are handsome/pretty whether ASD or UK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2014, 12:14 

DiSet wrote:
Shivlin naughty, naughty - you know ALL our doodles are handsome/pretty whether ASD or UK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course they are! :D Im defo not anti-uk doodles, its one of them that made me want one of my own. Im just a sucker for the teddy bear look which you can of course get with uk ones too, I just think you get a better idea of what they'll be like as adults with asd doodles.

Me and my big mouth. :lol:

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2014, 13:18 

Yes- I maybe biased but I think my Tess (uk F2) is as pretty as they come (well I would!).
She has exactly the coat her breeder predicted, is calm and all without the price tag. :D

xxx

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2014, 14:39 

shivlin wrote:
DiSet wrote:

Of course they are! :D Im defo not anti-uk doodles, its one of them that made me want one of my own. Im just a sucker for the teddy bear look which you can of course get with uk ones too, I just think you get a better idea of what they'll be like as adults with asd doodles.

Me and my big mouth. :lol:

Shivlin - I was truly only joking and I've got to say that as lovely and handsome as my dog is, the ASD's really appeal to me. And I would definitely consider one as my next dog. For me, the "breed" seems to be developing well and would suit me. The UK's will always have the unpredictable element and that too is what appeals to people. With doodles we have the best of both worlds :D 8)

Regards XXX

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2014, 16:24 

CAROL SHAW wrote:
All Labradoodles are lovely but check out the TEGAN PARK STORY before you are sure of what you have bought.

I was aware of this before getting Marley but in all honesty I think now it's down to the asd breeders as they are now. I am over the moon with our puppy and I our breeder is known for breeding superb looking Australians with fabulous temperaments. She has also stayed in touch with us to closely follow his progress.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next