including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 20 Jul 2019, 14:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

What did you pay for your labradoodle?
Nothing 3%  3%  [ 25 ]
Less than £200 3%  3%  [ 25 ]
£200-£399 11%  11%  [ 104 ]
£400-£599 26%  26%  [ 246 ]
£600-£799 28%  28%  [ 271 ]
£800-£999 19%  19%  [ 186 ]
£1000-£1199 4%  4%  [ 36 ]
£1200-£1399 4%  4%  [ 38 ]
£1400 or more 3%  3%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 960
 Post subject: Re: What did you pay for your labradoodle?
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2011, 23:12 

I paid just £300. Rhubarb is an f1 and she came from a small breeder. I would have paid more. Im guessing that f1s, especially with a hair coat as oppose to fleece or wool do not command such high prices. We were looking at a larger breeder asking for nearly £1000, when we saw a small litter being advertised near us in rural Devon. I went along to see them, not being sure what I'd find. However I was very pleasantly surprised. So we ended up coming home with a gorgeous girl. Our previous dog was a quality pedigree lab and we had her for 13 yrs but this time we wanted a cross breed, hoping to get a dog with hibrid vigour and vitality. But as many have said, they're all priceless!

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 20:12 

I’ve just noticed this thread :roll: , so I thought I’d post. We paid £600 for Wurly, we saw both parents and she was from a small breeder. We did contact her to tell her that Wurly is deaf and the vet thinks she’s been deaf from birth, none of her siblings have any hearing problems, so it’s just luck of the draw, and we wouldn’t be without her.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 16:54 

we paid £380 for stanley although he was advertised at £300 , when we went to pay the lady said he was advertised for £400 but she settled for £380 . i would have walked out on principal but my missus had bonded already with stan !
having said that he's a lovely dog and was still cheap at that price.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 17:01 

Our Kimberlenes girl was £1200 but other home bred pup, 'cheap dog', was £500..couldn't put a price on either of them now though :D

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 15:38 

Peggy Sue I paid £300 for from the Preloved site she was 18 months when we got her in March this year. Owner separating she is a great dog. She is called perfect puppy peggy - she always manages to make it looks as though it is all Bailey's fault!

Bailey who is just 13 months I got by using your site - he was the big apricot doodle needing a new home
Mike Horner was his last owner. He is a very big boy a lot bigger than Peggy, is a great dog again such a softy buts does need firm control he had me over twice. At the moment Bailey is called bad boy Bailey but he his is improving and his character is just great fun.

They have both had training in the home and Peggy went to dog obediance and Bailey is now attending.

We have always had active dogs lost 2 this year to old age and never had a doodle before - what an experience - they do need to be stimulated and given training but also very rewarding and loving.

PostPosted: 07 May 2012, 10:00 

Poppy was £450 and came with a week supply of dog food,first vacc and health check and a family tree :)

PostPosted: 07 May 2012, 20:46 

Treacle was £250 though she was 2.5 yrs old. We found her just by chance browsing Freeads site. We phoned straight away and next day when we went to see her we just had to bring her home. She already had had 3 homes. Nothing to do with her, just people who found they just didn't have the time for her. She was so confused and really quite uncontrollable (again not her fault) but so adorable and just begging to be loved. We couldn't resist and now feel so lucky and blessed to have her. She did come to us spayed, with full vaccs history, bag of food, blankets, toys, collars and leads though so she didn't actually cost us anything. Very lucky indeed.

TREACLE

PostPosted: 07 May 2012, 20:59 

chris'n'ron wrote:
Treacle was £250 though she was 2.5 yrs old. We found her just by chance browsing Freeads site. We phoned straight away and next day when we went to see her we just had to bring her home. She already had had 3 homes. Nothing to do with her, just people who found they just didn't have the time for her. She was so confused and really quite uncontrollable (again not her fault) but so adorable and just begging to be loved. We couldn't resist and now feel so lucky and blessed to have her. She did come to us spayed, with full vaccs history, bag of food, blankets, toys, collars and leads though so she didn't actually cost us anything. Very lucky indeed.

In my opinion Treacle is the lucky one! Very lucky indeed as you obviously love her so much! :D

To answer the thread question - we paid £600. Half of Bella's litter were golden and they were £650 due to the unusual colouring. They were the ones we went to see but it was love at first sight with my little black girl! :D

PostPosted: 07 May 2012, 21:15 

chris'n'ron wrote:

Aww, what a wonderful story - so glad she found her forever home. 4 homes in 3 years is a lot!! :cry:

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 12:28 

We paid 600 for Oakley both parents F3's and from a small family breeder. He is 9 weeks and doing well x

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 08:37 

£500

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 11:50 

I didnt pay anything for Sadie as I got her from my auntie/cousin. My auntie was moving into an over 50's flat with my uncle. They had Sadie, and another dog they got from a rescue before they got Sadie. They felt they could only take one dog, as it was a small flat and the two dogs play hard and mad inside which obviously wouldnt be practical. Their other dog was there first, and was a lot more sensitive and wary of strangers, whereas Sadie loves everyone and was the younger of the two. They felt that Sadie would settle much easier in another house than the other dog would. My cousin took Sadie in. I offered but she had already been promised to my cousin who lives in the same town, so my auntie could see her whenever she wanted with the idea that she would also continue to walk her. 2 weeks in, and it was failing. Sadie wasnt being walked as she was used to, my cousin was relying on her kids to walk her, which wasnt happening. Sometimes she wouldnt get out until after tea for a quick ball throw and that would be it. Also, my cousin didnt like the hair everywhere!! :twisted: so decided that she wasnt a dog person after all!! :twisted: :twisted:

My auntie happened to mention this to my mum on the phone, who rang me straight away. I was sat outside someone elses house about to go and see another dog who needed a new home, about to get out of the car. I told her to ring my auntie immediately who then rang me and said she has checked with her cousin, and I can go and get Sadie right now. My auntie was relieved. She was torn as it was her daughter, but Sadie wasnt getting what she needed so when I said I was on my way ......... she cried.

Sadie is my soul dog. I suffered badly with depression and severe anxiety and panic attacks which came on just before my dad passed away a couple of years ago. Sadie is my unofficial service dog because of what she does emotionally for me. She has been walked every day, often on walks of 3 hours plus. In lots of lovely places in the Quantocks. She comes most places with me. She was meant to be part of our family and I think I am immeasurably lucky to have got her for nothing. She is worth millions. xxx

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2012, 13:43 

We paid £700, which I think was a fair price. I had the pick of the litter as I responded within an hour of the litter being advertised. She came from a small family breeder, and I got to meet and play with both the parents as well as all the puppies. The breeder had a long list of questions to ask me, which I found reassuring as it did show how much she cared about the puppies.

I'd considered a rescue dog first, though, but while I know there are plenty of friendly and gentle rescues (I've had them in the past), we're planning to start a family in the next couple years, and I wanted to know that my dog has been raised right from the beginning and will be fine with small children. My brother has a lovely rescue dog, Beda, but she guards food and growls at their new son, and now that he's starting to walk they have to keep Beda elsewhere in the house, meaning she doesn't get the attention she really needs. It's sad, but as she has bitten children in the family before, they don't want to risk her hurting their son, and they can't bring themselves to rehome her either! Anyways, long story short, we think £700 is a small price to pay to be able to ensure our dog is raised as we want her to be, and she came from good stock and a loving family breeder!

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2012, 13:56 

I got Maisy for Free! We adopted her as the owners just wanted to get rid of her :( but they had paid £1595! We have the receipt! Pricey puppy! We would've paid for her though but they didn't want any money! Maisy is so adorable it must have been fate that we got her.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2012, 18:45 

Maisy12 wrote:
I got Maisy for Free! We adopted her as the owners just wanted to get rid of her :( but they had paid £1595! We have the receipt! Pricey puppy! We would've paid for her though but they didn't want any money! Maisy is so adorable it must have been fate that we got her.

Wow!
Who would pay that price then change their minds - crazy!
Maisy is clearly better off with you :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next