including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 18 Oct 2018, 06:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Need some advice
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2006, 21:47 

Hi

I am in a bit of a pickle, My family and I really want to own a Dog but the wife flairs up with asthma, exhema, sneezing and streeming eyes when ever around dogs.
I have just herd that the labradoodle might be right up our street.

I was woundering if there are any shows or owners around the heathrow aera that I could go along to with the wife to see how she is with them?

Would you recomend this breed for us ?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2006, 10:53 

I have to agree with Linda on this one. I don't believe any breeder can, as yet, guarantee a non shedding or completely non allergenic coat as allergys can be to many different things.

You might be better off, checking out poodles and other successful non allergenic breeds first. Or perhaps look into those breeders that backcross their Labradoodles to Poodles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 22:50 

Hi Labradoodles are good for allergy sufferers but there are no guarantees it is not always the hair that is the problem but the dander in the coat I would suggest try and meet a doodle and see how you get on. poodles are good but not everyone can cope with the grooming needs,its personal choice really

DONT TRUST THE PUPPY FINDER[color=#800040][/color][color=#800040][/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006, 01:01 

Hi

the reason we picked labradoodles is beacause i am astmatic as is my partner - who is also highly allegic to dogs - rash the works, however we have now had our 2x gorgeous doodles for 8 months and not a sign of any reaction !!

fantastic!!

everyone is different but we have had no problems at all!!!

highly recommended as the best, most loving dogs ever!!

ashxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006, 12:28 

have to agree with the above post. Myself and my son have asthma and are both VERY allergic to dogs,cats etc.

I have a backcross doodle who is nearly 10 months old. We have had absolutely no problem with her.

Might be an idea to go and visit the breeder that you are hoping to get a pup from. My breeder chose the pup that she thought would have the curliest coat for us. It worked a treat. Labradoodles have the most fab temperament, good with kids and all round brilliant companions.

Think youll need to either go for a backcross or go to a breeder with higher generation doodles to be more certain of the coat type.