including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 10:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: need help !!
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 22:15 

I am looking to buy a labradoodle but dont know who to trust !! I know this sounds awful but I have spoken to different people and get conflicting advice, please can someone tell me if a mother of a labradoodle is not registered what this means ? Is this a bad thing ? How do I find out reputable breeders ? I really dont know where to begin !! Do I need to buy a a pup that has been chipped !? Do I need to make sure that it has had all its injections?
Its so frustrating trying to find a puppy I thought we had found the ideal breed for me as I suffer with allergies and now I feel disappointed !
any help or advice would be appreciated

Post subject: Reputable breeder
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 22:38 

Hi

I think recommendation is the best way to go, and you should find plenty on this site. Our doodle molly came from a lady who wasn't a breeder as such; she had an F1 bitch and had only two litters from her. She did everything the right way, the sire is a popular stud dog and the pups were under vet supervision from day one. However they weren't chipped or inoculated, as we had her at 8 wks which is too early for vaccinations. We were welcomed to visit the pregnant bitch at home and we visited the puppies several times after birth, and were also given records of her ancestry. So...if you post on this site saying where you live you should be able to find a recommended breeder as close as possible. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2006, 21:46 

hello, we have just bought a pup, he is two weeks old, wont be chipped or vacinated, we will do this when we get him home. He is too young to be chipped, we have had dogs and the needle they use for chipping is large, and it is not good to put them through this so young. In my opinion if you have some paper work on the parents, that is good enough for me, as my doodle will be a pet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2006, 22:51 

Hi Sorry I disagree my pups are microchipped before leaving me I am a Qualified Microchip Implanter and pups can be chipped from 5 weeks old. Vaccinations are a differant matter as my vert prefers the same vet to do both injections so that there is no conflict of Drugs. If a pup will be with me past 12 weeks they will be vaccinated.

DONT TRUST THE PUPPY FINDER[color=#800040][/color][color=#800040][/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2006, 22:08 

Carol, we are going on the advice of our breeder, and advice given on our last pets, god bless them, from the vets.
Are you telling me they should be microchipped?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2006, 22:58 

Hi I am just passing on what I was told whilst training to be a microchip implanter. I have microchipped many litters and as yet have had no problems but there is always a risk no matter how old the animal is but the risk far outways the consequences should your pet go missing. I microship many breeds for local breeders as they think it is responsible so thaat a missing pet can be traced easpecially these days when sadly dog napping is on the increase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2006, 23:25 

Carol, can you not mention this to my breeder, I am prepered to pay for this service

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2006, 23:36 

Surely it shouldn't be necessary to microchip puppies that young, if they don't leave mum any sooner than 8 weeks and don't go out out until after their 2nd jabs at 12 weeks. I know that on rare occasions whole litters and young puppies have been stolen, but the kind of people that do this are not put off my microchips anyway. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2006, 12:42 

Hi Sonia

From the clues in your postl it sounds like Molly might be a litter sister to our dog Marcus - was she born 15 April 2004?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2006, 22:26 

angela send me an email or give me a call and I will duscuss as I dont want to upset anyone on the forum Thanks Carol My email is on the members list