She did it again!

Use this area to seek or offer guidance on specific training or behavioural matters.
Jay128

She did it again!

Post by Jay128 » 05 Apr 2014, 09:47

Amongst all the chaos in our lives yesterday I was having a floor sander delivered. The man knocked, Poppy gave a little woof and walked towards the door, I sent her to her bed and there she stayed until man had delivered sander to the correct room and left. I have discovered that I have to remain calm and still give verbal praise when she has done as she is asked but I cannot praise by saying good girl as if I do this she comes straight to me for a stroke and a cuddle as that is her reward, I have to wait till after people have left to seriously congratulate her.

I often wonder just who is learning, me or the Poppy doodle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

thepadster

Re: She did it again!

Post by thepadster » 05 Apr 2014, 10:06

Isn't it wonderful when they show how smart they are.
ImageImage

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 05 Apr 2014, 10:29

When can we have a like button :lol: :lol:

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 05 Apr 2014, 12:24

can you bottle it?
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 05 Apr 2014, 18:42

Jay128 wrote:I often wonder just who is learning, me or the Poppy doodle
Now we all know the answer to that one, don't we? ...and it isn't Poppy... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anne & Ianto x

If you could bottle it, as Dee suggests, it'd be more expensive than Chanel No.5 that's for sure... :D

Mollysmom

Post by Mollysmom » 23 Apr 2014, 02:25

Ianto! wrote:
Now we all know the answer to that one, don't we? ...and it isn't Poppy... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anne & Ianto x

If you could bottle it, as Dee suggests, it'd be more expensive than Chanel No.5 that's for sure... :D[/quote

And worth every penny Lol

Mollysmom

Post by Mollysmom » 23 Apr 2014, 02:27

Ianto! wrote:
Anne & Ianto x

If you could bottle it, as Dee suggests, it'd be more expensive than Chanel No.5 that's for sure... :D[/quote

And worth every penny Lol

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 23 Apr 2014, 19:42

Whereas the postman knocked (several times in fact) this morning - he was greeted by a wildly dancing doodle; tail wagging, desperate for cuddles (I had him on the lead as I know it can feel threatening for delivery folk to be greeted thus..) Tried to sign his electronic pad-thing whilst Ianto was wheeling around on the other arm... All this, "ask your visitor to wait at the door until the dog is calm" nonsense is useless when all they need is to shove the parcel in at the door and be off to the next one. Royal Mail take note - if you want your posties to be met by friendly dogs, give your staff more time to make their deliveries! I think I may have signed for the parcel using the pseudonym, "Sooty"... :oops:
Anne & Ianto x

Benben

Post by Benben » 25 Apr 2014, 09:15

Hah! That's a very familiar scenario, Anne. It's also why I think that the pet gate might now be a permanent feature of my house, since it means that one hyper doodle can be banished to doing nothing more annoying than wagging her tail on t'other side in the kitchen. For me it's not just deliveries either - running a B&B means that it's important that Ursa doesn't launch herself at the new arrivals, or indeed charge outside while they're getting their bags in!
Ursa: born 28.10.13

ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 25 Apr 2014, 15:43

Benben,
I have more babygates now than when I had small kids! :lol: But the babygate is by the front door and the postie came to the back one! Typical.... :roll:
Anne & Ianto x