including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 25 Nov 2017, 01:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: wee wees
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 16:00 

Hedley has been with us 2 weeks today and is settling really well. However although we take him into the garden every hour where he wees/poos, he is still randomly doing little wees after this- even when he's just done a wee outside. We encourage him to go out after food, waking and playing.
Advice please! :D

Post subject: Re: wee wees
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 22:48 

Little monkeys aren't they! You feel as if you are constantly on wee/poo patrol at this stage! One thing I found helpful was keeping a diary of when Dude went! Sounds crazy, but a pattern emerged and I felt I could pre empt the odd accident. We didn't use a crate and I took him out pretty frequently( as you are) but always on a lead and just to do what had to be done( no playing at these times) I also took my Mums advice( she's 89) and took him out for a 3am wee. This way he never had accidents at night in the house. It was VERY tiring, but worth doing if you can face it. Anny x

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 09:22 

Thanks Anny! I'll give your advice a go. He's fine overnight, its during the day/evening when he's been out, done everything then comes in and wees again. We'll persevere! Thanks again
Jo

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 16:48 

Also - they are attracted to wee in the places they can smell wee, so this may be the cause.

Always blot it well, then rinse out with plain water and blot till dry again, then wash with either a BIO washing powder, or a proprietary spray which removes pet odours. Make sure it's a pet one as others may be poisonous to pets.