Labradoodle "Free to good Home"

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
Elendili

Labradoodle "Free to good Home"

Post by Elendili » 12 Mar 2010, 19:15

I have just seen this on
freeads.co.uk

labradoodle female (spayed) adult
Call me on 07052 217788 07052 217788 anytime
Cost: Free Location: 10 St Mary's Rd, Cardiff
chocolate low/no shedding. 4 years old. Up to date on vaccines etc. Friendly and happy. Free to good home.

Basic ad placed by lcarson on March 12th, 2010

I Hope she finds a good home, (at least she is spayed) Bless her.

Bid

Re: Labradoodle "Free to good Home"

Post by Bid » 12 Mar 2010, 22:54

:( :( :(
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Dillondood

Post by Dillondood » 12 Mar 2010, 23:01

:cry: Hope she finds the home she deserves :(
Dillon, Darcy & Ruth

Stobbs

Post by Stobbs » 13 Mar 2010, 13:36

40 minutes down the road from me. If only I had room and money for another! Poor girl. :cry: Hope someone lovely comes forward.
BaileyImageVixenImageEvaImage

LynneL

Post by LynneL » 13 Mar 2010, 14:00

Is it a doggy returned to a breeder?

Skippyandlulu

Post by Skippyandlulu » 14 Mar 2010, 10:02

It's probably the breeder selling off old breeding stock. :(

dessiedoodle

Post by dessiedoodle » 14 Mar 2010, 11:03

:shock: How very odd

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:bd ... clnk&gl=uk

same mobile number but in Abingdon for German Shepherds sold by vanessaannlouise

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:UR ... clnk&gl=uk
A poor lonely sock just looking for his sole mate

Adam Lindley

Post by Adam Lindley » 14 Mar 2010, 11:10

very strange! How on earth did you stumble across such an unlikely coincidence???

The power of the sock is strong indeed! :shock:

(or do you post both ads for mischief making?)

dessiedoodle

Post by dessiedoodle » 14 Mar 2010, 11:25

No mystery Adam its Google and the Mobile Number not Rocket Science, click on cached. I didn't post the ads anyway, the breeders did.

There might be mischief here somewhere but it isn't from me.

Sock puppet and proud of my heritage, aliases have been in use for centuries.

Adam Lindley

Post by Adam Lindley » 14 Mar 2010, 11:45

If you call do you get a doodle or a GSD??? A desexed adult dood would be my preference. :)
dessiedoodle wrote:There might be mischief here somewhere but it isn't from me.
Isn't that why you have a sock puppet??? :D

Elendili

Post by Elendili » 17 Mar 2010, 13:25

Hi Dessiedoodle,

I have just managed to get your link, and yes your right
it is the same number.

I dont quite understand that. :shock: But as I dont like her breeding practices
anyway :twisted: :twisted: It is probably no surprise.

The fact that she states her name and address and number in the Free-Ads (i think)
it clearly shows this on the message I posed. Means she isn't looking for Anonymity.

If she is a member of this forum. I dont mind stating, for the health and welfare of all puppies.
What she does is seriously wrong :twisted:

jenn

lisacarson

Post by lisacarson » 17 Mar 2010, 22:58

I was ignoring this thread completely due to its ridiculous nature. Everyone knows freeads telephone numbers are re-used and are not the advertisers own number (!!!) so I cant possibly be linked with how the telephone number was used previously. My mobile is 07540707117 which is on my website.

However tonight I have received an email about one of our dogs which for no fault of its own needs rehoming and thought I'd jump this thread as its already got over 1000 views and ask anyone knowing anyone who is looking for a rehome doodle please contact me - the freeads number wont work now and will have been rellocated to another person. But my mobile does.

Medium fleece/wool female (spayed obviously), up to date on everything and looking for a new home through no fault of hers simply personal circumstances of her family. She is coming home here to cardiff in next couple of days and we would like to find her a local to us home. The family dont want any financial recompense for the pup. If you want to give something im sure a doggy charity would appreciate the gesture but this is up to you. Good family home please, no workers.

We take full responsibility for rehoming our dogs and all such adverts placed on my website or locally here in wales, always have my name on them - there is no need for anonymity. In fact many homes prefer to know they have a doodledogs bred dog as the parental health screening is in place.

I hope this ridiculous thread may actually do some good. Good breeding practices mean the breeder is involved in rehoming and should not be hiding behind aliases. Using weird freeads number is simply unavoidable as the newspapers make their money this way - but my number is clearly stated on the website. I'll assess her when she arrives then start the process, so please expect to see adverts around - nothing sinister is happening, simply a rehome for no fault of her own. We prefer to do this ourselves than involve a shelter or a rescue association - no anonymity required.

My name is Lisa Carson and Im seeking a good family home for a special doodle, she is under 1 year old and a medium choc fleece/wool. Local homes here in Wales preferred.

dessiedoodle

Post by dessiedoodle » 18 Mar 2010, 13:34

Thanks for the very helpful post.

Obviously Trade must mark their adverts as Trade not Private but it's astounding that adverts for dogs are permitted without any real phone number or any REAL address. Freeads look completely ideal for the puppy farmers. GSD adverts supposed to be in Oxfordshire are clearly from elsewhere, some of the location maps go to Wales and there is absolutely no protection for the buyer in this system.

Wouldn't it be better to advertise on this forum Lisa for all your genuine rehomes, its free here too and we all wish the best for them, you don't need privacy for your dog sales and rehomes, do you?.

Better still stop breeding so many hundreds of dogs when so many poor doodles need homes.

Adam Lindley

Post by Adam Lindley » 18 Mar 2010, 21:16

Dessiedoodle, why not take up your issues with Trading Post? Ultimately it is just a means of putting buyers in touch with sellers, the trade is down to individuals.

No doubt if you have doods at all, they will be rescued, else get "I am a hypocrite" embroidered across your foot/mouth.

Why would you advertise anything through here when all you would get is abuse from anonymous sources.