This doodle has 5 days left!

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
Bassman555

Re: This doodle has 5 days left!

Post by Bassman555 » 10 Apr 2013, 20:44

Hi,
I tried to register on Sunday not long after this was posted but my account had only activated today. I live in Co.down about a 4 hour drive from Offlay and would gladly have given Dudley a new home. I have an f1 black male doodle called Woody so I am well used to the breed. Glad it has all been sorted but a bit sad that we missed the opportunity to do re-home this beautiful boy.
Dave & Woody

Tory

Post by Tory » 10 Apr 2013, 20:54

Hello there, I think another person has applied too. The best thing to do is contact Tipp Off animal rescue please.

Bid

Post by Bid » 10 Apr 2013, 21:09

Bassman555 wrote:Hi,
I tried to register on Sunday not long after this was posted but my account had only activated today. I live in Co.down about a 4 hour drive from Offlay and would gladly have given Dudley a new home. I have an f1 black male doodle called Woody so I am well used to the breed. Glad it has all been sorted but a bit sad that we missed the opportunity to do re-home this beautiful boy.

Hi there - welcome to the forum. I hope some lucky doodle gets to live with you and Woody soon :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

emma95

Post by emma95 » 10 Apr 2013, 21:10

can you please let me know if he has been fostered yet i am keen to know if not i would like to take him

Bassman555

Post by Bassman555 » 10 Apr 2013, 21:19

I have contacted tipp rescue through their Facebook page so will wait and see.
Dave & Woody

tynkerbelluk

Post by tynkerbelluk » 10 Apr 2013, 23:39

So relieved to see that Dudley is safe. Lost for words. I too was confused over the Euros :?
Sharron and Archie

Tory

Post by Tory » 11 Apr 2013, 13:44

Thanks again to all, Dudley won't need a foster, he is with a great rescue and will go to a new home which Tipp Off will decide. Dudley is in very capable expereinced hands.
As a surrender he was not even entitled to five days, it is called Surrender/Destruction fee and the pound can do what they like, one lucky boy as Christine goes to the pound to save dogs when she can.
No pictures coming out of the pound which is a disgrace.

Bassman555

Post by Bassman555 » 11 Apr 2013, 14:16

I was in contact with Christine and she may have found a home for Dudley subject to a home check. If that home for any reason is deemed unsuitable (which I have no doubt that it won't) then I am next on the list to possibly rehome this charming fellow. All in all a very lucky chap but at least it has a happy ending.
Dave & Woody

Cate

Post by Cate » 11 Apr 2013, 15:45

Would we not be able to say if the pound had any more doodles handed in , we as a forum we be able to fetch/rescue/foster and rehome? I would def be able to foster

Bid

Post by Bid » 11 Apr 2013, 16:04

I think Christine will contact Tory and Freda whenever she sees a doodle becuase she knows there is a lot of support from the forums and the trust. That was the case with this lad, because of the way they helped Angel.

Thank goodness for Christine, and those like her who spend every second they have and every penny they have rescuing dogs!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 11 Apr 2013, 19:20

Hello UKLA

At last I can get on here again.......

I haven't any fresh news about Dudley, I just want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you guys on UKLA for your generosity,your donations will have made a big difference to Christine at Tippoff Animal Rescue.They have limited funds.
Dudley will be waiting to be cleared of Parvovirus,neutered,boosters,chipped,wormed and flead.
We know from our Angel involvement with Christine that she will do everything correctly for the dog and will not be rushed.
We need to be patient and let things run their course.

Cate,We asked Tippoff for help with Angel, this time with Dudley she emailed me, presumably knowing that we were more than generous and prepared to go to any lengths to save Angel,I do think our relationship with Tippoff is now on solid ground.Christine knows we're here for her as and when.

What a lucky dog he is, to have 2 serious offers of a home in Ireland and 1 in England.
The power of the forums and FB is incredible.Between us we know 100,s of good guys.
Bassman unwanted Labradoodles are now frequently in rescue, in both UK and Ireland,so it no doubt won't be long before another comes along.
Thanks again guys xxx

Tory

Post by Tory » 12 Apr 2013, 09:41

Fantastic to see you back on Lizziesmum.
Not only will Christine contact one of us but if there is any doodle or vaguely doodle like dog in the whole of Ireland I will get it posted on my wall on FB.
The thing with the pound, there is no time to wait, you just need to have someone very close who is experienced and can just go and pick the dog up.
Rescue back up or experienced back up is needed at all times and a plan.
I don't know if you remember Scarlett now called Amber but she was in Mullingar pound, Mrs Admin offered the back up as a foster and Coolronan rescue and Maeve helped here.
The pounds are full of Parvo, a friend of mine recently took a gorgeous jrt out of a pound and it had parvo, she took it straight home and not only did it die but killed her old collie too.
I will only work with extremely good rescues too, standards have to be kept and adhered too at all times.
Thanks again all for the donations and help for Dudley, he was a bright shiny future!
Thanks to Freda and Bid too xxxx :D

gilly g

Post by gilly g » 13 Apr 2013, 21:26

Thanks for this information ,Tory.

And Hello Freda!!!! Where have you been?? Must meet up again soon :D

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 13 Apr 2013, 22:40

gilly g wrote:Thanks for this information ,Tory.

And Hello Freda!!!! Where have you been?? Must meet up again soon :D

Gilly,
Long time no see or chat,hope you and Polo are both doing well.
Let me know about a walk.where and when
Xxxxxxx

Tory

Post by Tory » 15 Apr 2013, 13:40

Dudley update: Homecheck was carried out yesterday so fingers crossed! :D :D :D