including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 14:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 6 Doodles on preloved looking for new homes!
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2014, 20:27 

All mine have come from these sites, and ad you all know, if I won the lottery I would buy somewhere, that would be for a 100 doodles and a Dalmatian. All mine are neutered, as it's easier having a pack. There are some responsible people who do advertise on these sites and will do home checks etc.
Maybe it's time to look at somehow cutting back on how many litters are bred

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2014, 22:35 

http://www.rainrescue.co.uk/special-app ... more-10587

Whilst there are poor dogs out there like little Dolly (now thankfully happy and re-homed with a caring family) we have to be aware of what can happen to unspeyed/neutered dogs - not to mention those used as bait dogs.

Sadly the world contains creatures who have no feelings at all for defenceless animals... In Sheffield, a Staffy was stolen from his own garden, tortured, his legs broken, and set alight whilst still alive... He died in agony. And some **** wrote on the newspaper website "Another devil dog dead, good riddance!" Words fail me....

I truly believe that some of the families who advertise their dogs on these websites don't know what fate awaits their pet. The people who 'take them on' are completely believable. They need protecting.

Thank you to everyone who takes on a rescue/preloved dog - I know that you, and their previous family, have the dog's best interest at heart. Would that every dog/family who can't cope for whatever reason, could win the lottery :cry:

Anne & Ianto xx

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014, 11:50 

Ianto .....Thank you for that link and poor poor Dolly :( what an ordeal she must have gone through. Those pictures of Dolly should be a reminder to all of us what can happen to a dog that finds itself in the wrong hands :(

Sadly I don't think we can ever stop this completely as there will always be a*******s that will do this type of thing :( :( :(

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014, 21:22 

Thank you for your replies Vincento & Liz. Roxy is indeed a lucky girl to have ended up with us, and I tell her so often :lol: :lol: :lol: She is a luck dragon though.
I don't think preventing people from advertising their dogs on websites would prevent them from sometimes falling into bad hands. Maybe, as Cate suggests, the problem of so many unwanted dogs would probably best be tackled by looking at how many are bred in the first place and who they are sold to. After all, I imagine that most people who end up having to re-home a dog bought it as a cute little puppy and only find that they can't cope when it grows into a dog. Maybe we should all try to encourage people to adopt older dogs and thereby limit the number of pups bred each year that are ending up unwanted. I appreciate that calling for a short moratorium on dog breeding is unlikely to be a popular proposition on a dog forum though, so I'll hasten to add that I'm just thinking out loud and not making a serious suggestion :D

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2014, 18:27 

Am I missing something about Preloved. I got my beautiful boy on Preloved!