including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 20:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Looking to find a new home for loving chocolate labradoodle
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 15:51 

Good afternoon fellow forum members i am a new member, i have referred to the forum on previous occasions and have always found it useful and informative.
I have joined today as i am looking to find a new loving, knowledgable and caring home for a smashing chocolate bitch who we have named 'Milly'. I don't know where to start so i shall take a deep breath and start from the beginning ..........
I am a devoted dog lover and an experienced and knowledgable owner, myself , husband and 2 boys (not young children 19 and 21 ) have 2 elderly German Shepherd dogs aged 11 and 10 we have had both of the from 8 weeks old. They are now in what i would call in their dotage, arthritic and generally wanting a quiet life.
Mid November last year 4 months ago on opening the bedroom curtains one morning a spotted a dark animal in the field behind our house, once i focussed properly i realized the poor creature was a dog. I dashed downstairs and managed to call the poor animal who was very nervous, cold, sodden with rain and very hungry. I didn't know what breed the poor dog was as she was sodden.
She didn't have a collar, i enquired with people living nearby to see if anyone knew of anyone missing a dog with no joy. I then took her to the vets pinning my hopes on a micro chip but she didn't have one. The vet told me she was a Labradoodle age 3 - 4 years.
We did everything humanly possible to try to reunite her with her owner with no success, we now strongly believe the poor girl was abandoned :( .
The stay at our house turned from one night into one week into one month and she is still with us today it was on a lets see how it goes basis.
'Milly' has given us a lot of joy, laughs entertainment and love and i have to say as staunch German Shepherd owner she has opened my eyes as to what a fantastic breed of dog the Labradoodle is.
Having two elderly dogs who are not too good on their pins anymore they are happy with a slow bimble of a walk as long as it isn't raining !! and one who is bouncy and needs plenty of excercise whatever the weather is somewhat challenging !!
As i said she is a bouncy dog she has to to barge to the front quite often taking the feet from under one of the shepherds , she knocked the poor old boy down the stairs last week ! ( he is fine :) ) .
Another area i am having trouble with is my garden, i have a large garden but it is not 'Milly proof' , as i said earlier i have had the GSD's since pup and they stay on our property, Milly however does not grasp this concept and is prone to wandering to visit neighbours, she is not in danger doing this as we live on a very quiet single track lane in a rural area but i feel an enclosed garden would benefit her so she could play out to her hearts content now the better weather is hopefully!! coming without having to be constantly supervised.
More about Milly ........... she is good with other dogs, i feel she would make a great companion to another dog of a similar age, we take her to friends houses with dogs and have dogs visit here with no problems.
Cats are not a problem we have three cats here and barely gives them a passing glance.
Children .... i don't know as i said earlier mine are 19 and 21, i wouldn't want to say she is fine with boisterous young children when i simply don't know as i haven't observed her with any.
She is shy of strangers and we have noticed nervous of men ... for example she shys away when my husband comes home from work almost as if expecting to be smacked , we think in the past she may of been left alone for long periods, chewed and done damage through boredom then been reprimanded upon owners return :( having said that she has improved significantly and trusts him more as time as passed and will happily cuddle up on the bed with him !
I am sure people will point out to me the 'Doodle Trust' i am aware of them and the wonderful work they do , in this instance i am sure it is not the way for Milly , i am not desperate to re-home her in an hurry , i would like potential new owners to come and spend a little time with her and bring any possibe new doggie companions to come and meet her too .... and yes i am sentimental and would like to know where she is going and be happy in my own mind that she has a good new home and possibly get a little update now and again on how she is getting on :)
If anyone may be interested or know of someone who may be i would love to hear from you ...... where better to start than on a forum of doodle fanatics :) .
Thank you for reading

Tracey

some Milly pictures ( hope pics work !)

Post subject: Re: Looking to find a new home for loving chocolate labrado
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 15:53 

another pic did a duplicate !!

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 17:52 

oops pics a bit on the big size .... can anyone from admin reduce them a tad please as i think text is running into ads .... many thanks

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 18:00 

Aw, Tracy, what a lovely Dood- how on earth could anyone mistreat/ abandon her?? I sooooooo hope she gets the loving home she clearly deserves- please keep us all posted. X

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 18:26 

Thanks Swardie and hi !!

Yes she is a smasher :) ... i hope folks understand my reasons for trying to find her a new home , i will of course keep updating lets hope for a feel good story ending :)

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 18:29 

Hi Tracey and Milly .......a lovely story about Milly and how you helped her :) I do hope it all works out for her but where about's are you? Did you say? Is it the Lincolnshire area? Pics look very likely to be Lincs :wink: (Would help if someone is interested you don't have to be precise just general location).

ImageImage

Last edited by Vincento on 24 Mar 2014, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 18:37 

Hi Vincento and thank you :)

doh i didn't put in the post .... yes indeed Lincolnshire just outside Boston heading the Sibsey way.

Fine looking doodle you have there ..... :)

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 19:26 

Hi,

Where are you.

I am in Norfolk and would happily post a pic on the Norfolk Doodlers Facebook page if you are anywhere near - alternatively I am sure there is a Doodler Facebook page in your area, worth looking at as certainly in our area you have to be checked to become a member!! (Any doubts just post on the General Discussion site asking and you will get lots of help I am sure.

She is one beautiful Doodle, I am sure that you won't have a problem finding her a wonderful home.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 20:03 

canteron hi there , i am just outside boston Lincolnshire so just round the corner from Norfolk :)
Yes i would be happy for you to put Milly on the doodlers facebook page please feel free to copy and paste Millys story and pictures .... i will ask to become a member of what looks like a super FB group

Thank you

Tracey

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 20:22 

She is beautiful, I wish we had room for herI've posted the link on my Facebook page

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 20:38 

Charlierascals wrote:
She is beautiful, I wish we had room for herI've posted the link on my Facebook page

thank you :)

Charlierascals wrote:

Charlierascals wrote:

Charlierascals wrote:

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 20:57 

charliesrascals thank you , very kind ..... not particularly used to forums ,

i am great lover of fb ..... but would like Milly to have a very good home , not a fb whim and it makes me air on the side of caution

Kindest regards

Tracey

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next