Looking to find a new home for loving chocolate labradoodle

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
Glenda

Re: Looking to find a new home for loving chocolate labrado

Post by Glenda » 24 Mar 2014, 21:53

Hi Tracey and a massive welcome! :D :D :D

What a kind and unselfish thing you have done taking Milly into your home and I really hope you find her a forever home. :D :D

Love the pics and noooooo .... they are not too big!! :lol: :lol:

Edited to say Milly is absolutely gorgeous! :D :D
ImageImage

ImageImage

TraceyLincs

Post by TraceyLincs » 24 Mar 2014, 22:06

Glenda thank you :)

tessasilcock

Post by tessasilcock » 24 Mar 2014, 22:21

Hello TracyLinks!

I am extremely interested in taking Milly off your hands!! Is she still available?? Please contact me on tessasilcock1@yahoo.co.uk is she is!! We are a family of 4 who live on a farm with a lot of land in Lancashire. We already have a german shepherd with a very kind temperament and a toy poodle who is adorable, and my dad is looking for a chocolate labradoodle just like Milly! So I would like to know if we could maybe look into it :)
Please let me know ASAP as we are driving down south on Thursday/Friday so if you are on route we could potentially pick her up then or at least meet each other.
I look forward to your reply!! x
Tess

briansangel

Post by briansangel » 25 Mar 2014, 07:26

I know you arnt keen on labradoodle trust but they will make sure she goes to the right home.. people can be very convincing and seem caring but may be breeders/puppy Farm or worse.. Im assuming she isn't spayed? Maybe get her spayed before you do anything else to make sure she isn't being taken for breeding she could end up in a very unfortunate way and you do seem to want her to be happy I just wish i could take her its a big decision giving her up I hope she gets the right forever home those who want to simply take her after one visit please be cautious.. The trust would be the best people to have her don't take anyone on face value ,, Good luck and please keep us informed xxx
ImageImage

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 25 Mar 2014, 08:29

I would really echo Briansangel's point. Please do not part with Milly without going to see where she would live, ensure there is a thorough home check and make contact with other Doodle owners in the area to check out the potential owner.

Tess may well be very genuine and could perhaps be the perfect home for Millie but this is not the way to home her, handing her over to someone who is down South.

Tess, would you object to being home checked by a fellow Doodle owner? There are several of us on here who home check for both the Doodle Trust and other rescues and I have a pretty comprehensive check list I can send any checker.

As I said, you may well be genuine, and Millie is a beautiful dog, but you do have only one post and are an unknown factor. Please don't take offence but there are so many dangers for dogs out in the big, bad world nowadays. :cry:

I love the photo of Millie in full gallop straight through the puddle, whilst your GSDs walk carefully around it and look at her as if to say 'Oh God, there she goes again' :lol: :lol: :lol: Typical Doodle.

Do get her speyed before she goes anywhere. You an always ask any owner for the cost of this but it knocks out the breeders.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

TraceyLincs

Post by TraceyLincs » 25 Mar 2014, 10:23

Tessasilcock hi there, I appreciate your interest in Milly …… however I am not looking for someone to ‘take Milly off my hands’ I am seeking to find her a loving forever home .
I note it is your Dad looking for a Labradoodle and not yourself …. You have not given any details of your dads circumstances and I know a lone male household is not for Milly.
As for you driving down south and wanted to ‘pick her up’ on route would not be suitable and stressing for the dog.
It is not my intention to sound harsh but I don’t think this is a suitable match for the above reasons.

Regards Tracey

TraceyLincs

Post by TraceyLincs » 25 Mar 2014, 10:37

Hi Briansangel and Mrs Admin ,

Thank you for your replies and invaluable advice , I do take it all on board :) please don’t misunderstand me and think I am anti doodle trust , I am sure they are a wonderful organisation , the thing that ‘bothers me’ is she would have to go into foster care with them which would be a ‘pillar to post’ situation for her whilst she is in a comfortable environment here , if you understand what I mean.
I am completely cautious and aware of all the dangers of rehoming and would not let Milly go to anyone I wasn’t 100% happy with.

Yes the puddle pic is great …. Milly to a tee ‘mud monster’ :)

Thanks both for your kind words

Tracey

donkeydoodlelulu

Post by donkeydoodlelulu » 25 Mar 2014, 11:10

Good luck Tracey. I am sure someone on here will be able to help. We rehomed woody through this site. It was quite a long process with visits to each other's houses, meeting families and other dogs before woody came to live with us.
Alison, Lulu and Woody x

canteron

Post by canteron » 25 Mar 2014, 11:19

Hi, Link Posted to Norfolk Doodlers. I live in North Norfolk, if anyone who sounds nice applies from this area and you want me to do an initial home check/get some references (I always like Vet amongst others) then let me know.

TraceyLincs

Post by TraceyLincs » 25 Mar 2014, 11:21

thank you donkeydoodlelulu

lovely doodles you have :)

Tracey

tessasilcock

Post by tessasilcock » 25 Mar 2014, 12:05

Tracey I'm so sorry you have completely mis-understood. My dad doesn't live on his own we all live together on our farm except I am back and forth to uni in London. The terms 'take him off your hands' and the other terms I used were not an indication we are not a loving home. I don't think I could love anything as much as I love my dogs. I simply meant for it to sound like an easy process if that makes sense. We treat any dog we get like a member of the family, we really do and they get 3 mile walks a day. We have a fantastic vet incase they ever need it near by. We sometimes take our dogs to the beach and they LOVE it. I am sad you've said it would not fit because somehow you have got a bad image of us by my last message and I wish I could take it back. I will try and give you some more information about us:
My dad is 54 and a property developer, my mum is 49 and does his accounting. My brother is a photographer and has a company which is a national geographical guide to the planet called 'Gone West', and I am in University of West London studying by BA (Hons) Degree in Events and Hospitality.
We have a large farm house which is a barn conversion which my dad did, and we love it.
In the past we have had a german shepherd called elsa who was incredible. Now as I said before we have a german shepherd called Fangio (named after the racing car driver because my dad loves F1) and she is 8 I think. We then have a toy poodle who is 10 and has the most amazing character and everyone adores our dog's. And as myself and my brother are growing up my parents have pretty much made the dogs their kids and look after them as if they were kings. We are definitely getting a third as I think we are missing one more, and I my dad is in love with the labradoodle breed. So if there is anyway you reconsider about us please please let us know, as we can stop by shake your hand, answer any questions, see if milly likes us, and maybe organise another visit or you can come and see our home.

Tess

TraceyLincs

Post by TraceyLincs » 25 Mar 2014, 13:29

canteron that is very kind of you much appreciated :)
Last edited by TraceyLincs on 25 Mar 2014, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.

TraceyLincs

Post by TraceyLincs » 25 Mar 2014, 13:46

Tess Hi again

Thanks for your further post , i note that you are at uni in London and hope that you are enjoying your studies, i feel that your parents would be primary carer to any potential new dog and therefore would need to be in contact with them rather than yourself.
As Mrs Admin mentioned earlier in the thread .... would your parents be willing to be home checked should she be able to arrange one in the Lancashire area.

Regards Tracey

briansangel

Post by briansangel » 25 Mar 2014, 18:34

Thankyou for being caucious all im thinking about with the trust is they will spay her so she will then be safe from these breeders your giving away a desired dog in her prime people must be gagging at the bit to take her... I wish I could take her but we couldn't travel that far im so worried for her and she obviously adores you from those pics are you sure you cant keep her? your stronger than me I couldn't of parted with her its so sad for her and you xxx
ImageImage

Chrisayres

Post by Chrisayres » 25 Mar 2014, 20:38

Hi, we have Lincoln a 2 year old Labradoodle who would very much like a sister, we live in Suffolk on a 5 acre plot with no neighbors for half mile, the garden and paddock are 90% doodle proof and by the end of this week should be the full 100% as Lincoln has been getting in to the forest at the bottom of the garden to hunt the wildlife.
We are semi retired, working from home and did not get a dog until we no longer had to go to work each day, needless to say he has taken over our lives and day to day now revolves around the beach runs and the regular Doodledash with Norfolk Doodles group, up to 30 odd doodles on the beach is quite impressive.
We would like Lincoln to meet Milly to see if we all got on, we could travel to Boston or you can visit us or get someone in Suffok to visit and check us out, if Milly is whole we would get her speyed as we would not want to breed any dog of ours, we just would like a companion for our boy as he is very needy . We have a 10 yr old cat that rules the house but Lincoln manages to coexist with her, please let us know if you are interested, you can see us and Lincoln on Facebook Norfolk doodles group, why not join.